It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask

Originally posted by Amelia
I don't want to get invade by the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We will not be invaded by the US ever. No matter what people like rowsdower say the two countries are friends and share many mutual interests.

No matter what fools say arguing on the internet we are close and I really hope we grow our relationship when it comes to defending North America. Its a good thing people who make stupid comments on the internet don't decided how our countries view or work together. We have inteligent people for that.

That scares me a bit sometimes...like we do nothing wrong but I wonder if one day, the USA will come up against us because we are not with them in the war....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A very silly notion indeed. However if the U.S. did invade for whatever reason how would they hold the country. If they wanted natural resources is the army going to mine/chop/pump them? We won't. We'll call in sick.

We don't say goodbye we say "take it easy eh" or "don't work too hard eh" We will expertly sabotage by appearing cooperative but dim. We'll eff y'all up so bad you'll wish we were shooting at you instead of "helping"

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rowsdower
i dont think so, no offense to canadians but the only things in canada are beavers and bad drivers.

I take extreme offence to that typically American post that you just made.

I take offence to most of your posts, to tell you the truth, I'm about two more of these posts away from "ignoring" you...

Lets just say that I'm an expert driver in all weather conditions and city/town conditions. What the hell knid of comment is that anyways. You know your just going to get people like me that could kick your ass in any driving situation defending their whole country.

You must be an uneducated, redneck, Unemployment using, food stamp using, soon too be welfair using typical american.... The type I hope the terrorist are going to get with those suitcase nukes....

HumptyDumpty over and out.... Oh ya, rowsdower, I cant see what you are going to post cause I'm "ignoring" you.... so STFU

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would like to welcome all Canadians to the
United States of North America!

Except you Frenchies go back to Europe!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You guys need to chill out......

We are not going to invade canada..... for what.

Canada and the US have a great relationship.

Don't worry about any of the resource stuff becasue last time I checked we have more fresh water coast that canada does anyway.

The nice thing about Canada is that it can aford to trim down the army to almost zero and not worry about an invasion.

If any country tried to invade I would be pretty sure that your Big Brother to the south would have a say in it.

later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by rowsdower
i dont think so, no offense to canadians but the only things in canada are beavers and bad drivers.

And Oil, and Lumber, and don't forget the worlds largest supply of fresh water....

And the world's largest diamond mind (soon to come [check out kensington minerals stocks online] in Saskatchewan. There are many natural resources in Canada...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You're talking about me and Amelia, you realize that?

Why don't *you* get back on whatever transport got you here from Britain 300 years ago and go back to Europe?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The americans could take Canada but could never hold it, you guys think iraq is a challenge? You's would have not seen nothing yet, like half the population up here hunts, and is around guns all the time, I myself have been around them since i was born pretty much.

Canada is way too large for a country too hold onto it, invade and take? yes, but hold, definatly not.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't think invading Canada would go well with the rest of the world let alone the citizens of the United States. Besides, Canada would not be alone in such a war. Speaking of Canada, didn't they just sign a contract for $4 billion worth of comanches?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

STFU you pompous american ass.... The "frenchies" as you put it are my Homies, if you have a problem with them you have a problem with our whole country, YOU DISTURBED PEOPLE ARE TALKING LIKE NAZI'S.... DO YOU REALIZE THAT???????.... Once again you can join the ranks of the americans that can STFU.

[edit on 11/24/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
I don't think invading Canada would go well with the rest of the world let alone the citizens of the United States. Besides, Canada would not be alone in such a war. Speaking of Canada, didn't they just sign a contract for $4 billion worth of comanches?

Ya we got some new Birds, finally... I hope they are not like the sub fiasco though.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If it lowers our taxes, I will bow before my American overlords.

Just joking.

I'm going over all my tax documents today so I'm a little bitter.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty

Originally posted by SIRR1

STFU you pompous, american ass.... The "frenchies" are my Homies, if you have a problem with them you have a problem with our whole country.... Once again you can join the ranks of the americans that can STFU.

He is proud to be american while your "homies" seem to get upset when they are called french.

"Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada." - Ted Nugent

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just read the document... according to it we can expect serious hikes in defense spending if NORTHCOM goes ahead... so we might want to look very closely at the budget the Martin government is going to present next February...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Jimi Hendrix - If someone profiled you because of the language you speak, you'd be offended too. I'm French Canadian and I'm proud of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder what constitutes in here, unwarranted attacks, name-calling, ignorance denied, one-liners and posts made for no reason other than to express one's hate against others.

It is inevitable that one day Canada and the US will share in a union of some sort, just as with the EU nations. As humans progress we come to embrace like ideologies. Some people want to refer to this an evil new world order, some like myself see it as necessary to the evolution of the human race overcoming the us against them mentality among other things. Having said that, we have to hope that the political leaders we elect have the good sense to recognize deleterious proposals by radicals and reject them. To some it may seem as though Canada's elected officials have negotiated away the country, but this is far from so, for in no way are Canadians yet ready to become a part of any other country.

It is little stories like this which shows just how far from such an age we are:

From the National Post today;

Ottawa's threat to U.S.
Canada warns of massive tariffs on eve of Bush visit

The Liberal government has threatened to launch a trade offensive against Washington that could lead to duties that double the price on a number of U.S. goods, such as newsprint, wood products and seafood...

This latest Canada-U.S. row is the result of a U.S. law deemed illegal by the World Trade Organization.

"This is an important first step of protecting the rights of Canadian industry," Jim Peterson, the federal International Trade Minister, said from Brazil, where he is leading a domestic trade delegation. "Clearly retaliation is not Canada's preferred option. However, this is about respecting the rules of international law."

I would provide the link but it seems too long and may stretch the page, and I don't know how to use that "see here " feature.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Somewhereinbetween - Luckily, the union doesn't yet extend to social policy. Because the problem is, the United States will not change to accommodate Canadians. Rather, the opposite will have to happen. And as a lot of Canadians are much more liberal than Americans on a variety of issues, it'll cause trouble.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The US and Canada in a EU type union I could see that. In the future most countries are going to have to do this to compete with unions like the EU.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Any other country than the USA interested in invading canada should have to come close or pass usa territory, so in this repect , Canada is protected by a large umbrella.

Should the American government however decide to invade, than it would be useless anyway to have a huge army, because the usa army spendings used to be more than that of the world combined (!).

So, better to maintain a good bussiness relationship with your neighbour and save money on the millitary for education and healthcare...

Besides, while Americans and Canadians have jokes about eachother there is too much common white-anglo-christian heritage, no amount of talk from Rush Limbaugh could sooth the mind of even die-hard conservatives if the Usa government unilaterally decided to invade canada, or.....?

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Luckily, the union doesn't yet extend to social policy.

I dont think a Union even requires all parties to share common social policy. The Netherland is a EU member and Amsterdam where prostitution and smoking pot are legal. Two things I dont think are legal anywhere in most EU countries.

I dont really see a big push by the EU to change to become like Netherland or them trying to make Netherland change to be more like the rest of the EU.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join