It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who believe in ghosts.. Let me put this myth to rest!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just can't accept ghosts exist either - at least not in the 'traditional sense'. By that I mean, I do not believe that ghosts are the conscious souls of the dead roaming around doing stuff or whatever. I just can't accept that at all because there's too much to consider.

For example, take the history/age of the universe, after billions of years of universal evolution, why would a soul/ghost come into existence upon the arrival of the human race? And upon the extinction of the human race, does that signify the end of the soul? Were souls around before humans? Before the universe? If so, where did they come from?

If you believe we have a soul/spirit/ghost, do you also believe that we as humans are exclusive to that honour or would you accept that every living thing that has ever lived, will ever live in the future, also carries a soul? Why would we not witness ghosts from other life forms, say prehistoric life forms? Why not? A ghost is a ghost right? Unless they come with an expiry date, surely there should have been reports of say, T-Rex ghosts, Sabre-Tooth Tiger ghosts? Ant ghosts, Woolly Mammoth ghosts, wasp ghosts? I dunno, I'm not trying to be silly here, it's a question I always ponder over when people talk about ghosts. Why no ancient men ghosts, Neanderthals, cavemen?

And why hang out in old houses banging doors and stuff or freaking people out by trying to move objects across a room? Does becoming a ghost come with a form of psychosis where you develop an uncontrollable desire to walk down a hallway the same time every night for eternity or bang doors shut? And where are these ghosts disappearing to inbetween these psychotic episodes? The whole concept gets more ridiculous the more you ponder over it. At least to me.

Maybe it's the idea I find silly to be honest. The whole 'ghost package' just seems ridiculous.

I'm open to there being 'something' but it's just that science probably doesn't understand it yet and like most things we don't understand, a whole catalogue of silliness gets bundled in with it.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Congratulations OP,

You just trolled ATS for 5 pages almost and no one has caught on.........

Well done.......

Guys, come on its pretty obvious whats going on here........

No offense OP , but it seems he has a very rudimentary understanding of physics, and isnt even open to other aspects of said physics, mostly I think because he really doesnt understand them.....

The replies are short and repetitive.........

anyone seeing the halmarks here?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Cathcart

br0ker
If a ghost should be able to move things, manifest itself to be viewed, or make sounds then it HAS to be a physical entity. A non-physical entity can not, in ANY way MOVE physical things.

What about wind? Or gravity? Also, please define what you mean by "physical". The word has multiple meanings, depending on the context. Ghosts could be considered physical under some of them.

br0ker
To be seen it needs to be physical as well, otherwise there is NO way to reflect light.

How about generating light instead of reflecting it? And that's just one of the many possibilities.

br0ker
And most of all, to interact with you, it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain=no mind and thought.

That's assuming consciousness stems exclusively from the brain in the first place. Your argument is circular.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Cathcart because: typo

All of the things you stated above requires mass. Gravity, wind, and light etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here is an experience I had, just to kind of show how much of the time spirit contact is personal in nature and I don't see any way one can prove these things.

I had a dream many years ago of a very good friend of mine who had died.

(This was also my first ADC)

Right away upon meeting her I knew I was dreaming and I asked what she was doing here.
We were in the house she used to live in before she died,she was sitting at the kitchen table, and I was just standing there going "hey! Arn't you dead?!"

She then told me that she was indeed dead, and that she was hanging around her old house until she moved on to some place better,she never said where....

Anyways...long story short, at the end of the dream when I left her house, there was a blonde haired blue eyed baby crying in the ditch. We made eye contact and the baby stopped crying and I remember wondering how someone could do that to a baby like that?! I got upset, and when I woke up. I couldn't shake the feeling and kept remembering that babies face, the dream. I was left wondering if it really happened. Did I really have contact with my old friend???

2 years later, when my next son was born, he was the baby in the ditch. Dead ringer for him in every aspect. My wife(x now) and I both have dark hair.....

This is what is called verification, and anyone who has true blue spirit contact with loved ones usually will get that to prove to them personally that it really happened.

Spirit will not prove to the world, only to you personally when you experience it.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

br0ker

Cathcart

br0ker
If a ghost should be able to move things, manifest itself to be viewed, or make sounds then it HAS to be a physical entity. A non-physical entity can not, in ANY way MOVE physical things.

What about wind? Or gravity? Also, please define what you mean by "physical". The word has multiple meanings, depending on the context. Ghosts could be considered physical under some of them.

br0ker
To be seen it needs to be physical as well, otherwise there is NO way to reflect light.

How about generating light instead of reflecting it? And that's just one of the many possibilities.

br0ker
And most of all, to interact with you, it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain=no mind and thought.

That's assuming consciousness stems exclusively from the brain in the first place. Your argument is circular.

Light does not have mass .........see again, you have no idea what youre talking about....quick go google, ill wait while you copy and paste something and then fail to explain it properly
edit on 11-3-2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can roll with this one, interesting theory with ghosts being energy that interplays with mass around them. But you have two HUGE problems,
1. Energy of the most likely form I can immagine to this theory would need to be bound together not to escape.
2. The energy would deplete itself and it would "die", or are you telling me ghosts have energy coversion/generating capabillities.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

br0ker

Just turn off the sound, yes, noisy.
They need not to be there to assemble the dome, they just being there to witness the "miracle".
And yes, I know this is a troll thread, but we DO have non believer, case is valid.
Enjoy supernatural!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

ManBehindTheMask

br0ker

Cathcart

br0ker

br0ker

br0ker

Light does not have mass .........see again, you have no idea what youre talking about....quick go google, ill wait while you copy and paste something and then fail to explain it properly

Oh my god.... Where do you think the "light" WE see comes F R O M? Jeez christ, doesn't our Sun have mass? You think our planets go in orbit just for fun??

Let me know if you want a tspoon and some help...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Audiokat
I just can't accept ghosts exist either - at least not in the 'traditional sense'. By that I mean, I do not believe that ghosts are the conscious souls of the dead roaming around doing stuff or whatever. I just can't accept that at all because there's too much to consider.

For example, take the history/age of the universe, after billions of years of universal evolution, why would a soul/ghost come into existence upon the arrival of the human race? And upon the extinction of the human race, does that signify the end of the soul? Were souls around before humans? Before the universe? If so, where did they come from?

If you believe we have a soul/spirit/ghost, do you also believe that we as humans are exclusive to that honour or would you accept that every living thing that has ever lived, will ever live in the future, also carries a soul? Why would we not witness ghosts from other life forms, say prehistoric life forms? Why not? A ghost is a ghost right? Unless they come with an expiry date, surely there should have been reports of say, T-Rex ghosts, Sabre-Tooth Tiger ghosts? Ant ghosts, Woolly Mammoth ghosts, wasp ghosts? I dunno, I'm not trying to be silly here, it's a question I always ponder over when people talk about ghosts. Why no ancient men ghosts, Neanderthals, cavemen?

And why hang out in old houses banging doors and stuff or freaking people out by trying to move objects across a room? Does becoming a ghost come with a form of psychosis where you develop an uncontrollable desire to walk down a hallway the same time every night for eternity or bang doors shut? And where are these ghosts disappearing to inbetween these psychotic episodes? The whole concept gets more ridiculous the more you ponder over it. At least to me.

Maybe it's the idea I find silly to be honest. The whole 'ghost package' just seems ridiculous.

I'm open to there being 'something' but it's just that science probably doesn't understand it yet and like most things we don't understand, a whole catalogue of silliness gets bundled in with it.

I second that! Great post and reasoning. Should be food for thought for some people here.. Star for you!
edit on 11-3-2014 by br0ker because: Iphone still sucks

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

br0ker

I can roll with this one, interesting theory with ghosts being energy that interplays with mass around them. But you have two HUGE problems,
1. Energy of the most likely form I can immagine to this theory would need to be bound together not to escape.
2. The energy would deplete itself and it would "die", or are you telling me ghosts have energy coversion/generating capabillities.

Well, I will answer 2

I don't assign capabilities or restrictions on things I don't know about. I think this is the common hangup when being skeptical about ghosts.
"if ghosts are real, then where do they get the scissors to cut the eyeholes out of the sheets they always wear".

Maybe a ghost is little more than a alien creature with very very low mass that infiltrates the host animal (in this case, human animal) to live in this primitive urge induced flesh, but otherwise, was just a normal person a billion years ago who has since transformed its body into near pure energy..living off of almost nothing.

What is a ghost? I donno. and since I don't know, I can only speculate on what I have witnessed..characteristics of behavior, not what their biological processes are.
Personally, I suspect there is actual physical attributes to "ghosts"...just so very insignificant to our current monitoring that we would be astounded at how much info is packed into what may ultimately be a few nanomachines linked together recording and "feeling" us.

Dr. Duncan MacDougall has done tests back in 1907 demonstrating constant weight loss at the moment of death to the order of about half an ounce (give or take) that hasn't been demonstrated in other animals (such as dogs). he did account for perspiration and the like. Anyhow, although the tests cannot solidify the claim that soul has weight and therefore a physical product, it does add to the debate overall.

So, ultimately, before you assign what a "ghost" can and cannot do, its first good to understand we have no actual hard facts about what it is we are discussing to begin with.

if I say "I seen a superhero", you shouldn't demand it can fly, go invisible, and turn into a teapot in order to debunk it based on those attributes you assign to it without first knowing what the actual attributes are.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

What is this? It's not even a solid top to the dome...?? And looks like they're pulling it up there by a wire at an angle. David Copperfield did this on a bad monday....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Audiokat
why would a soul/ghost come into existence upon the arrival of the human race?

Why would you assume that?

If you believe we have a soul/spirit/ghost, do you also believe that we as humans are exclusive to that honour or would you accept that every living thing that has ever lived, will ever live in the future, also carries a soul?

No clue. Perhaps sense of self may play a critical role? or maybe some sort of graduation process? from amoeba to ant to etc...maybe should we die, we find outselves in some sort of next level being should we figure this form out well enough? we could be in a giant training simulator of conscious levels...wonder if human is like middle school..or maybe some special education defunct course for troublemaker entities...
Big question though. been contemplated for a very long time.

Why would we not witness ghosts from other life forms, say prehistoric life forms? Why not?

Plenty of people suggest witnessing ghosts of animals, not the least being the native americans whom have religions surrounding spirit animals and such.

A ghost is a ghost right?

who could possibly answer that?

Unless they come with an expiry date, surely there should have been reports of say, T-Rex ghosts, Sabre-Tooth Tiger ghosts? Ant ghosts, Woolly Mammoth ghosts, wasp ghosts?

I would think then it is what I mentioned previously, the sense of self, level of consciousness, or maybe simply the "ghost" things choose humans and other self realized capable species.

I dunno, I'm not trying to be silly here, it's a question I always ponder over when people talk about ghosts. Why no ancient men ghosts, Neanderthals, cavemen?

potential reincarnation after awhile? get bored of simply observing or want to replay the game of life perhaps. I can speculate, but that of course requires me to start assigning attributes to a unknown..which is almost always wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

br0ker

ManBehindTheMask

br0ker

Cathcart

br0ker

br0ker

br0ker

Oh my god.... Where do you think the "light" WE see comes F R O M? Jeez christ, doesn't our Sun have mass? You think our planets go in orbit just for fun??

Let me know if you want a tspoon and some help...

you mean a tea spoon?

There is a difference between light and its source........the sun is not the only source of light.....

perhaps you should reeducate yourself in basic physics before you come on the boards trying to brow beat everyone.....

People on ATS arent stupid....

Try again....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Brain is a car, part of the body. Who drives the car? Western modern athiests like to think they know, when all they have is a theory, that its all material! Too many things defy that theory and some are actually studied, but its against their credo so they don't want to believe.

There is a also some evidence we're in a holographic reailty. think of that, your brain, a holograph, thinks its alive. It runs the show. Really? There isn't much matter in the system, more an ocean of waves of energy, very fluid. Yet you believe what others including some scientists believe is illusion. Holograms are creations by the way.....Technology.

www.extremetech.com...
Our universe is a hologram, and we’re floating inside of it, suggests new research

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here are some more questions. If inside a simulation, as we may very well be, there is a whole other group of theories and questions that would come to mind. None pertaining to the actual structure of the holographic brain being the generator of life in a sense.

Does brain generate thought? Or is it a computer that spirit/consciousness/mind interfaces with?

Can we interface with our computers? Apparently yes, we can, this is emerging.

computer.howstuffworks.com...

Could some of our corporate heads be meeting up in holographic lounges? If not now, within a few years? Though I think now.

Holographic News Reporter

If we can do one thing on this level, what could civilizations billions of years ahead do? And also what could universes already recyled from past grand cycles trillions of years ago do?

If for example its but technology. That would make life something beyond the illusional simulation....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sadly the OP in his opening statement turns science into a religion
"Ghosts cant exist, scientifically they are impossible so anyone who believes in ghosts is a fool."

So what else do you add to your list of impossibles, what else cant exist because science cant quantify it.

Truly sad when science becomes the idol and not a tool.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Unity_99
Brain is a car, part of the body. Who drives the car? Western modern athiests like to think they know, when all they have is a theory, that its all material! Too many things defy that theory and some are actually studied, but its against their credo so they don't want to believe.

There is a also some evidence we're in a holographic reailty. think of that, your brain, a holograph, thinks its alive. It runs the show. Really? There isn't much matter in the system, more an ocean of waves of energy, very fluid. Yet you believe what others including some scientists believe is illusion. Holograms are creations by the way.....Technology.

www.extremetech.com...
Our universe is a hologram, and we’re floating inside of it, suggests new research

a-hem....
I am a "western modern atheist". my view is that we don't know.
Atheism is simply a stance on the concept of deities, and it is a simple: I don't believe because there is no evidence suggesting a deity..not that there isn't one..there may be, but for now, I don't see the evidence or anything outside of others claiming it based on a book we all read
as far as other stuff, that's as wide and varied as anything else. I have an agnostic view of any and all things, but I have experienced the ghost stuff...so, I am slightly...very slightly gnostic about some aspects therein

There is no credo for an atheist about supernatural stuff, there is however healthy skepticism that should be practiced by all until either proof is given, or at the very least, personal experienced that have been reviewed, attempted debunking, and a honest assessment given. An atheist simply doesn't believe in a deity. a deity isn't required for ghosts, aliens, etc etc etc...
Don't mean to go all pedantic on ya, just trying to bring the term atheist back to its actual meaning verses the catch all denial religo-skeptic it is being touted as today.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Hello Saturn, and thank you for the reply. I concur with you.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well those with experiences do know, and yet, here we are talking theory. The OP thought his "theory" of reality was fact, it far from that.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

br0ker

Cathcart

br0ker
Please share, if you have any theory at all about how that could be possible without a physical body/mind.

Well, why don't you share your proof that it is impossible without a physical body/mind?

So far, you largely failed to adress the arguments brought up by the posters here. This is kind of a one-way conversation.

My proof is math. Energy, time, mass and movement. Remove mass, and you have none of the others.

Earth is a closed system. Where do you think your consciousness goes when it leaves your body? It still exists.

I think you either love to argue, or you are terrified that ghosts and the paranormal are real.

Don't be afraid of knowledge; you might be surprised at what you could learn!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join