It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who believe in ghosts.. Let me put this myth to rest!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi OP

Just popped in to say I've seen ghosts on a number of occasions and twice with other people in the same room, we all witnessed a dark misty shadow open the door of our bedroom and the door slam shut very violently shaking the house

So this kinda goes against your theory's put fourth,

All I will say is science cannot explain everything, we're still very young as a species, were probably not even into our galactic infancy yet we still have a very long way to go

And I'll back all that up by asking you to explain the physics within a black hole?

That dark place where physics and all rules disappear and breakdown In to kaos etc

This just goes to prove IMO, when you think your right even using logic, we can be proven wrong... And i along with many others can unanimously say "you're so wrong"
edit on 11-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I saw a guy, old guy was not a living person or how did he disappear in my bedroom?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

taoistguy
oh, poor op poster. someone needs to back her\him up.
i'll back her\him up.
he's\he's still so wrong though.

Chill! "Tao"sympathy is the last thing I need.

I walked into this forum well knowing that some the first people to reply would be the hard core belibers.. wups.. Believers. Spellings a bi%#%*..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

br0ker
reply to post by alienreality

Name the errors in the OP please.

I can't be held responsible only because you didn't pay any attention in school. You were reaching conclusions in your post and using your visibly limited understanding of reality to base them on. If you think about that, you can probably reach some further understanding if you wish to.
By the way, When these things happen with ghosts, and science can't explain them with it's current level of understanding, then it means that science is incomplete, not that ghosts don't exist.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

br0ker
reply to post by Darkblade71

So you experienced a ghost. An entity of a dead person.
Tell me,
How long did you look at it, directly?
What did it look like?
What did it do?
Had you taken any substances or were you under pressure at the time?
And how do you explain what you experienced and why?

I really encourage people to try and give SOME kind of scientific reasoning to their belief, and or encounter.

Sure, some people can argue, but I really encourage people to look at this from a scientific POV. Like in the OP subject.

Question number 1:
How long did you look at it, directly?
Which spirit? I have been in contact with many. Dreams, physical, and in trance.

Question number 2:
What did it look like?
They look just like you and I, unless they are trying to show you something specific, or not human all together.

Question number 3:
What did it do?
I have been shown my next to be born son,I have woken up with hand prints,been told some rather metaphysical information, lots of things can happen, it depends on what is being contacted.

Question number 4:
Had you taken any substances or were you under pressure at the time?
Actually, I found when giving readings and doing mediumship, if I have a beer, or a shot of whiskey first,
the flow comes out much easier.

Question number 5:
And how do you explain what you experienced and why?
This is a good question, I don't have that answer. My first premonition was at around 10 years old, spirit contact did not come until much later. I found that the more meditative I get, and the deeper I go within myself to find the truth, the more these things happen.

And there you go....

*wanders off the page*

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Hi OP

Just popped in to say I've seen ghosts on a number of occasions and twice with other people in the same room, we all witnessed a dark misty shadow open the door of our bedroom and the door slam shut very violently shaking the house

So this kinda goes against your theory's put fourth,

All I will say is science cannot explain everything, we're still very you g as a species were probably not even into out galactic infancy yet

And I'll back that up by asking you to explain the physics within a black hole?

That dark place where physics and all rules disappear and breakdown I to kaos

So you all drew the conclusion that this shadow was a ghost "an entity from a dead person"? Why?

Couldn't it have been something else, real and physical that you never encountered or heard of before?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I see your brain and raise you a soul.
Your beliefs are your beliefs more power to you but these physical bodies are just that physical bodies. Who we are doesn't die with them just transference of energy.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

dont worry you also have my vote.

im not someone who will convince others to believe in the opposite of their truths.

every has her/his own right to believe what she/he chooses to believe.

for example:
people can tell me there is a continent of america exists on earth. but the truth is i never been there.
and i choose to not believe what they told me until i experience walking on the continent.

peace

edit on 11-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

link   

KonstantinaValentina
reply to post by br0ker

Hello.

The thing you are missing is that it's Supernatural.
Supernatural can do anything.
You can't argue with Supernatural because Supernatural is outside the laws of reason.
It's the same thing with religion.
It's also near the same thing with people that believe in Alien visitation.

Paranormal, Supernatural, Magic; these things cannot be argued with because they exist outside any framework of reason and are only limited by the imagination of whomever is telling a story about their encounter with anything such.

Hello

I love Ghost adventures!! Zak and his two buddies going head on, "into the unknown", and me safe with my cat (who hates me ..for making her watch)

I don't know if it's real.. but its a whole lot of fun!! www.travelchannel.com...

I so want to go ghost hunting one day!! What can it hurt ??

link   
reply to post by finitydream

I agree energy does not desipate it changes state

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sorry, enough said, you might as well read my palm. Wonder how many of your precognitions have come true considered a probability scale an full publicity.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

br0ker
Please share, if you have any theory at all about how that could be possible without a physical body/mind.

Well, why don't you share your proof that it is impossible without a physical body/mind?

So far, you largely failed to adress the arguments brought up by the posters here. This is kind of a one-way conversation.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So you've bought into a large portion of consensus reality and went on to exclude another portion of the whole .... why?

An honest person would explore something before making a sweeping, egoistic statement. Then again, coming to a forum like this might mean you are exploring it... then again, your social skills might need work before your para-physics.

But I sympathize as I thought it was likely wishful thinking and hooey until I stayed for a prolonged period in a "haunted" area. There's nothing like personal experience to solidify one's programming.

Or you could just read about people's experiences and admit the possibility... it won't hurt too much. I admit it certainly does make this universe and our experience in it pretty weird, though, or at least weirder than I suspected it was/is.
edit on 3/11/2014 by Baddogma because: lost another

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sorry got stuck on this part....

br0ker
And most of all, to interact with you, it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain=no mind and thought.

br0ker
it would need a brain. No physical entity=no brain

br0ker
no brain

So what your saying is because there is no brain it does not excist.

I look out of my window at the brain less trees. The brain less flowers. I think of the brainless bacteria, viruses, single cell organisms. most insects.
They are all part of my mind playing tricks on me the whole time.
They don't excist now I know why some call me crazy.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I walked into this forum well knowing that some the first people to reply would be the hard core belibers.. wups.. Believers. Spellings a bi%#%*..

There isn't any evidence that will convince a skeptic.

Challenging ATS members for proof and then poking fun goes a little beyond skepticism.

You're just playing.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cathcart

It is a two way street the poster saying prove it does exist and others (who have had experiences including myself) saying ok only if you can prove beyond reasonable doubt it doesn't

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

br0ker
reply to post by schuyler

Any real scientific facts or reasoning in it that would make it worth the read, or just more jibbrish and philosophies?

I'm taking your question seriously. I have read a tremendous amount about this and similar subjects over many years. Most of it is, as you correctly point out, more "[g]ibberish and philosophies." Most of it is not credible or is so anecdotal that it is worthless for making any conclusions. I have often been frustrated and disappointed that people have skirted the basic issues and not tackled the real issues head-on. Just as one of your examples, the issue of being able to think without a brain to do the thinking is something that needs to be addressed seriously, not just sloughed off as irrelevant or ignored completely.

What I am seriously tired of is the "I know we survive death because Uncle Mike came to me in a dream and told me where his pocket watch was hidden and I went and looked and lo and behold there it was!" What I desire is for someone to a) answer the critics; they have valid issues, b) Show me the mechanism (used loosely) of how such a thing could work, and c) Show how this could work within the context of what we know scientifically about how the world works. I KNOW already that we don't know everything, but that's not a good answer. You've got to show at least a pathway forward and you've got to show why the more mundane explanations of how these things fool us are inadequate.

And I have to say that this trilogy of books by Chris Carter is the best attempt I have seen to put this whole mess of the paranormal, survival, and all the rest into a cohesive whole of an explanation that explains how this might all be possible. He does not ignore the critics, but takes on not them, personally, but what they say. This is done NOT by reverting to some sort of religious explanation at all, which I also appreciate. The three books are:

Science and psychic phenomenon; the fall of the house of skeptics

Science and the near-death experience; how consciousness survives death

Science and the afterlife experience; evidence of the immortality of consciousness

Heavily footnoted with extensive bibliographies, these are not "easy reads," but a serious attempt to address some of the issues you raise.

You know, a lot of these conversations start out with the participants being so alienated from each other that they do not have a common vocabulary to discuss the issues. It's like you have three people who say:

1: This is hokum!
2: No, this is real!
3: Jesus saves!

And you never get anywhere because you are coming from three entirely different perspectives. I would REALLY like to have a discussion some time with people from different perspectives who have read this trilogy and are therefore familiar with the many issues it raises well enough that they can talk from a position of strength about them. I choose this trilogy partly because it is the best set of summary documents I have found in churning through many many dozens, and because it may be the fastest way to get up to speed on the many issues involved.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Cathcart

br0ker
Please share, if you have any theory at all about how that could be possible without a physical body/mind.

Well, why don't you share your proof that it is impossible without a physical body/mind?

So far, you largely failed to adress the arguments brought up by the posters here. This is kind of a one-way conversation.

My proof is math. Energy, time, mass and movement. Remove mass, and you have none of the others.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I generally don't make predictions as that is not what I am about

Although I have in the past. Back in Jr High I remember walking into school, telling my principal that the space shuttle was going to blow up, and then getting pulled out of class to go to the office and watch as it blew up.
It is a shared experience with whoever is around me when and if it happens.

But this is about ghosts, not psychics.....
Back on topic!

edit on 11-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

br0ker
My proof is math. Energy, time, mass and movement. Remove mass, and you have none of the others.

And what makes you think ghosts have no mass?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join