It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat wearing jetpack in 16th century drawing baffles historians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wonder what historians will think about us when they see our x-men comics…. food for thought

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The moment you realise they are hiding evidence of the first ever made jetpack under carpet of lies about cats on fire.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

Cat Stevens knew all about it.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

As the other cat looks on, unimpressed, and proceeds to lick himself. Typical.

edit on 12-3-2014 by meebabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Clearly some type of lost technology feline powered doomsday weapon. We can only imagine the destructive power of such incredible firepower. The makers of the weapon must've destroyed themselves as cats are hard to control and the technology was lost. Until now...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
That cat has an extremely long neck and does it actually say its fire coming out? No one would put fire in a tiny jug ontop of a bird. Looks more like blood and perhaps a psychological weapon than a jet pack, looking at the context therein.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

I think this is meant to be some kind of land based cat cruise missile. Let one of these guys loose in a peasants wheat field he runs all over setting fire to everything. I believe cats and most animals pretty much lose it when on fire,running around madly in all directions. I am betting they were going to use it for fire setting.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guessing its there version of a cat meme

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I remember reading several years back that the U.S. did this in Cuba (mid 20th century)- set the tails of cats on fire and had them run through the crop fields to burn them down.

Sal

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think there were isolated pockets of people who invented many things we consider modern technology that just never became mainstream knowledge way before those who got credit for them in modern times. Humans then we're just as capable of gaining knowledge and intelligence as a modern human. They just lacked the ability to communicate and share knowledge for collaboration as we can now.

There were certainly some isolated civilizations who invented things that were forgot en and rediscovered.

Just watching a geyser blow could spawn the thoughts needed to come up with a crude steam rocket. Humans back then could put two and two together just as we do.

It is our ability to now share, store and teach knowledge that is a lowing us to evolve our tech so fast.

I believe once we are able to create AI our technology will once again explode with new inventions created by our AI that never has to sleep or stop working and is only limited by how much hardware we provide it to dream of improvements and new inventions.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by beezzer

The Russians did that with dogs. Trained them to run at tanks and then they would blow them up. Didn't always work out so well because the dogs would get scared and come running back. Poor dogs. I love dogs.

I can't remember where I read it, but I thought that the main problem was that when they got them to the battlefield, because the dogs had been trained using Russian tanks, it was those that they ran at, thoroughly defeating the object.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

KilgoreTrout

Domo1
reply to post by beezzer

The Russians did that with dogs. Trained them to run at tanks and then they would blow them up. Didn't always work out so well because the dogs would get scared and come running back. Poor dogs. I love dogs.

I can't remember where I read it, but I thought that the main problem was that when they got them to the battlefield, because the dogs had been trained using Russian tanks, it was those that they ran at, thoroughly defeating the object.

That was the Germans, they trained the dogs using their own tanks, thinking that the dog would be clever enough to understand general abstract concepts like "tank". The dogs went by smell or sound and color, and went for the vehicle with the closest match, which happened to be a German tank. The dog would run underneath the tank, let the mine to clamp magnetically to the tank, and run back to the trainer.

In this picture, I think the cat is carrying a bag of wine, though it does look like fire.
edit on 12-3-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe a flammable liquid put into a leather bag on the back of the animal as it runs scared into the enemies the bag leaks and then a flaming arrow can be fired. Either to set fire to enemies, cause obstruction or light a path at night for better vision of approaching enemies.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

stormcell
That was the Germans, they trained the dogs using their own tanks, thinking that the dog would be clever enough to understand general abstract concepts like "tank". The dogs went by smell or sound and color, and went for the vehicle with the closest match, which happened to be a German tank. The dog would run underneath the tank, let the mine to clamp magnetically to the tank, and run back to the trainer.

Thank you for the correction and clarification.

stormcell
In this picture, I think the cat is carrying a bag of wine, though it does look like fire.

Why would the cat be carrying wine? I had a cat once that was partial to Baileys, never known one that liked wine though

edit on 13-3-2014 by KilgoreTrout because: rouge punctuation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
Got it...

AWWWWWW!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Im sure if you ask ANY of the ancient alien TV show crowd or the presenters like the one with the big hair
they will declare that this is OBVIOUS proof that cats are aliens and that Ancient Aliens had cats flying round as messengers!!

Interesting pic though!!

Could just be someone drawing what he thought might be a cool idea someday!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

projectbane
Im sure if you ask ANY of the ancient alien TV show crowd or the presenters like the one with the big hair
they will declare that this is OBVIOUS proof that cats are aliens and that Ancient Aliens had cats flying round as messengers!!

ROFL!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

An idea very much ahead of its time.

Not such a different concept to the one used by the US Navy during WW2...the animals used as weapons by the US were dolphins with magnetic mines strapped to their backs.

ETA:

Animals have long been used as weapons or for weapon delivery.

An early form of biological warfare, was to catapult plague infected rats over castle ramparts to cause disease to those sheltering inside, also rotting, infested corpses of cattle and sheep were sued in the same way.

edit on 14-3-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Long before the idea of cats bringing death by exploding backpacks we had the Bible account of Sampson who caught 300 foxes and tied torches to their tails. they were then released in the fields of the Philistines burning down their fields vineyards and olive trees. I can see using foxes and bats, but cats?......no way.

edit on 3/14/2014 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Trueman

All I see is a poor animal tortured with fireworks tied to his body.

Beavis and Butthead of the 16th century?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join