It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

UFO sightings in Canada are sky high, hitting a total only seen once before in the past 25 years.

There were 1,180 UFO sightings reported in 2013, or about three each day, according to the Canadian UFO Survey, an annual survey released Tuesday by Winnipeg-based UFOlogy Research of Manitoba.

It is the second-highest number recorded in Canada in the past 25 years. The peak year was 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded.

CBC Link

Well this is mighty interesting to me.
I would understand with the whole 2012 thing that maybe people might be seeing more "unidentified objects", but for reports to continue? I wonder what 2014 stats will be like.

Consider a hypothetical. If any of them are real, then what are the doing here? A lot of these sightings take place in the west, around manitoba, alberta and the like. Perhaps something to do with the natural disaster thats happening there.

Thoughts? With all this increase and i still haven't seen one

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
dp

edit on 11/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

AzureSky
Perhaps something to do with the natural disaster thats happening there.

What natural disaters
Reply to post below that is man made not natural ..

but ya I have seen some sightings over the years around Edmonton , usually above the refineries . ETA they were like orbs / probes, most of the sightings where when We were doing asphalt on the ring road around the city at night

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Link

They grossly underestimated the pollution is all, its wrecking the environment out there. It will eventually become a null zone.
edit on 11/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I have to agree with you on your sightings. I live in the same area a little more south and have witnessed more then once the dull grey round ball flying in the daytime sky. Tried to even take a picture of one last spring after pulling over on the highway and getting out of my truck, but it had already moved to far to capture a shot and it just kept going until i lost sight of it in the distance.
Thanks for sharing this.

edit on 02 17 2014 by Flipslide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

freedomSlave

AzureSky
Perhaps something to do with the natural disaster thats happening there.

What natural disaters
Reply to post below that is man made not natural ..

but ya I have seen some sightings over the years around Edmonton , usually above the refineries . ETA they were like orbs / probes, most of the sightings where when We were doing asphalt on the ring road around the city at night

Could be a product of the flaring at the refineries.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It does seem a lot for a particular area, could still be drones, or drone testing of one kind or the other though.
2011/2012 there were still debates over police use of drones, now they are all over the place. The TV news channels are using them extensively, much of the aerial pictures of the Somerset floods and England in general were from drones, not helicopters.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

The problem with claiming there is an increase in UFO reports is that it does nothing to address the validity of the reports. My 15 year old step daughter thinks she's seeing UFO's every other week every time she see's an airplane in the night sky or a bright star or planet on a clear night. I can't count how many times she's come to her mom and I freaking out and saying "OMG YOU GUYS COME SEE THIS". I then show up, calmly explain to her that what she is seeing is not a UFO, and move on with my evening. Some people can't use their heads when it comes to what they are observing because it is so full of nonsense and ufo hype. They witness the ISS passing over their region and automatically default to "ZOMG UFOZ".

An increase in UFO reports could very well correlate with a decrease in critical thinking skills. That is not to say that there aren't anomalous sightings that can't be explained (I believe there ARE genuine reports but they are rare), but most people jump to silly conclusions when they witness something they think is strange when there are perfectly reasonable explanations available to them.

Edit to add a case in point:

I had witnessed something that seemed strange a few years ago. It was a sunny summer day with no wind and quite warm, and I was outside having a cigarette. I happened to look up, and there was a perfectly spherical object passing directly over me moving from east to west. I felt it was strange since there was no wind and it was moving at a decent clip and seemed fairly large. In the end, I had to chalk it up to a balloon that could have been riding on a wind current that was higher up in altitude. A different individual might have jumped to "UFO" immediately, and reported it as a sighting.
edit on 11-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

No I have been in and around those sites over the years and fascinated how beautiful the light from them are at night. I am very familiar with the area years and years and know they have planes fly at close proximity of the stacks for air samples. These would hover around cloud level several hundreds of feet above those stacks reach.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flipslide

Funny last spring I saw must have been a 5 feet in diameter dull grey ball about 30 feet off the ground flying in a south eastern direction while I was waiting for some gravel on 17 st and just south of the yellowhead.

The orbs I can see being a drone or r/c device man made . but the grey ball really raised the hairs up on my arms it was a flying ball moving 60 to 70 kph

ETA was around april may

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Southern bc has a lot of activity especially the okanagan and Fraser valley areas. I have heard for years about D.U.M.B's hidden in some old gold mines in the south okanagan (I grew up in Oliver). There are videos of at least one of them on youtube.

Also Lockheed and Martin are pretty prominent here in the Fraser Valley as they are partnered with Cascade Aerospace. Appearently these guys are working on a defence contract for the government of canada. But that could be pretty much anything as we all know. They have half of the hanger in my town blocked off with armed gaurds EVERYWHERE.

There is a lot of sightings here in Abbotsford and in surrounding cities which coincide with all the Lockheed and Cascade hangers.

Is anyone else here in the fraser valley and or the OKV that can back me up?

I know there are lots of sightings in and around Bear and Madden Lake down in Oliver too.

Then there are my sightings in Keremeos and here in Abbotsford.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I can agree to this 100% and I do understand how something that can't be explained can become a shock to the mind and why most would not be able to distinguish the differences without educating themselves first. But what if it disobeys laws of gravity or reality that's been taught with education and life skills? If this is a new kind of technology then it has been around for a few decades and it's something I cant wait for whomever to unveil it. Just my thought

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

True sooner or later most of the time you will see the F.A.A. lights at some point . there are apps that show where the space station is and for celestial bodies my wife has them she is an avid star gazer and astronomy nerd.

What impresses me in sitings are velocity , duration of stillness , and location . youtube videos are easy to fake time and time again has shown . When I see something with my own eyes what is weird it is a little different than a youtube video

Keep watching up sooner or later you will see something you cannot explain

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
After looking at the subject for years and seeing several things that convinced me of at least the real possibility we're being visited (and to be honest, I'm pretty sure of it) then are we being monitored, kept, nurtured or all of that... or some other reason we're not really aware of yet? The thing that interests me is the why?

Why would they be so interested in us? I've heard all the noise and judged some to be more likely than others... but it's fairly obvious we're being interacted with on a large scale. Even though that's likely, it's also pretty obvious its a "hands off" or laissez faire approach on the face of it, anyway.

So, it's frustrating to be in such an informational vacuum... especially when it really seems to be real... and that's fairly staggering, though other life existing is obvious. And ceding interaction with other lifeforms to the military industrial complex is just insane and scary.

I'm sure there are nasty civilizations out there... but whoever might be here is certainly not intent on exterminating us at the moment... though we're doing a fine job of that ourselves... but all we can do right now is wonder and patch together the not-so-ludicrous possibilities.

I suspect it isn't resources, though... or at least entirely. Life is the most interesting thing to us, and it follows that it would be for others, too. The paranormal energy aspect is always hinted at... it's just so counter to conventional thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

AzureSky

UFO sightings in Canada are sky high, hitting a total only seen once before in the past 25 years.

There were 1,180 UFO sightings reported in 2013, or about three each day, according to the Canadian UFO Survey, an annual survey released Tuesday by Winnipeg-based UFOlogy Research of Manitoba.

It is the second-highest number recorded in Canada in the past 25 years. The peak year was 2012, when almost 2,000 reports were recorded.

CBC Link

Well this is mighty interesting to me.
I would understand with the whole 2012 thing that maybe people might be seeing more "unidentified objects", but for reports to continue? I wonder what 2014 stats will be like.

Consider a hypothetical. If any of them are real, then what are the doing here? A lot of these sightings take place in the west, around manitoba, alberta and the like. Perhaps something to do with the natural disaster thats happening there.

Thoughts? With all this increase and i still haven't seen one
Actually the Annual UFO Report put out by Chris Rutkowski indicates that most of the ufo sightings occur in the province of Ontario with the Greater Toronto Area receiving the bulk of the sightings. What is interesting about the report is, that it says 14 % are unexplained.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Chris Rutkowski has a new article introducing Ufology Research's 69 page study, "UFOs Over Canada: 25 Years of UFO Reports." The report itself is very interesting and it makes excellent point about the value of data collection and analysis, as well as the shortcomings of present efforts.

"If UFOs are not 'real,' then why are tens of thousands of Canadians (and others worldwide) seeing unusual objects in the sky?"

25 Years of Canadian UFO Reports (introductory article) uforum.blogspot.com...

The "25th Anniversary Written Report" (in pdf format) www.canadianuforeport.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

The number of reports may have reached historic levels, but the QUALITY of reports is in the basement.
The vast majority are simply "lights in the night sky", quite typically, scintillating stars and Chinese lanterns.

From the many, many reports I have read, very few suggest anything anomalous might be behind the phenomena - a disappointment, because ten years ago there were still some residual sightings that were interesting, unusual and worth investigating and reporting.

Why are the number of sightings increasing? Probably because there are more children (and adults) reporting there sightings of the most trivial lights from their "smartphones".

This sort of "data gathering and reporting" is a total waste of bandwidth.
The media also always puts out the same story, which does nothing to educate and inform the public.
edit on 15-8-2014 by bluestreak53 because: corrections

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluestreak53
The media also always puts out the same story, which does nothing to educate and inform the public.

I am disapointed in the media in their coverage of any topic I'm familair with, and figure they must be doing the same slipshod job on other topics as well. About the best the media can be expected to do is call attention to something, then you are on your own if you really want to learn something about it.

The Canadian UFO Survey does educate and inform the public, but it's up to us to read it and use the data.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
The Canadian UFO Survey does educate and inform the public, but it's up to us to read it and use the data.

My point is that the data contained in the annual survey is practically garbage. And the reason it is garbage is because UFO organizations are still wasting their time collecting reams of trivial sightings of "incidents" of the most trivial "lights in the night sky".

The situation is actually getting worse because the quality of the sightings and reports is ever decreasing.
Who cares if there are more "sightings" this year than last? Its a totally meaningless statistic.
Until the UFO organizations start to apply some criteria to select "anomalous sightings" to separate the "junk" from the "incidents of interest", we will just see a continuing degradation in the study of UFOs.

To start with, they should just simply set aside all sightings that can be characterized as nothing but "lights in the sky" - and not include these with reports of UFOs or with statistics gathered on UFOs.

I would say as a recipient of many reports, that very few reports actually receive any investigation at all any more, and the main reason is because the people volunteering in UFO organizations get jaded from reading so many reports of what is simply lights in the sky that could be just about anything (star, airplane, Chinese lantern, satellite).

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Look at the artistic design of western Canadian cities. Vancouver, Kelowna, ALberta, and Edmonton. If you look at maps such as google and use your imagination the cities are drawn to look like things. I'm thinking they are mind controlling us to create such or there's some weird city planners. Maybe i'll get really bored and take some pictures and outline what I mean... They are designed so that as you rotate the map it looks like different stuff. The same idea goes along with the design of our continent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join