It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
An illegal alien breaking our immigration laws sneaking into our country but only to make a better life for himself and his family..

OR

A legal citizen driving to work to make a better life for himself and his family without a drivers license?

They both broke a law.
The difference is the illegal alien will have a host of advocates.
They will speak of the virtues of the illegal, playing on the fact that he just wants to make a better life for himself and his family.

I lost my drivers license due to a couple DUI's.
I don't drive.

What if I did drive? is it ok to drive to work against the law?

You may speak of the evils of driving drunk and I understand,

speak also of the evils illegal immagration. The trash they leave, the fires they cause, and yes, the deaths and rapes .

So anybody that says people have the right to break our immagration laws also should say I have the right to drive without a license.

I am working on getting my license back. I have struggled. Lived in motels, moved 9 times, and ran every possible land based form of transportation to get to work without driving.
So it pisses me off when people say it is ok to break the law for immagrants.

Tell me its ok for me to break the law and drive to work if it benefits my family and then I might have sympathy for the illegalls

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

You deserved what you got, driving DUI is grossly irresponsible.
You could kill someone.
immigrants dont kill someone by entering a country illegally

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I agree, I lost my license to drive fair and square. Thankfully I didnt hurt anybody.

What I am asking is though... can we pick the laws we follow?

If you advocate the rights of illegal aliens does that mean you support my right to drive without a license?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh yeah, and I guess you think they just hop the bus

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I would agree with you that YES, Illegal immigrants are having the red carpet rolled out to them for breaking the law.

You broke the law and the punishment fits the crime, they broke the law and they are given amenity for their crime, they are not deported they are given all the government freebees that you and I have to pay for, is anyone paying for your ignorance for getting behind the wheel and driving after drinking, NO, just you and your family are paying for you mistake.

Illegal is Illegal in my book, anchor babies or not they should all be deported, I have friend that had dual citizenship, Mexico and USA, his mother was Mexican and Father American, when he was younger he had to live with his parent in Mexico and at that time he lost his US citizen Ship, he enter the country when he was 18 under a Legal VISA, and Joined the US Army (Active Duty) he took all the classes to become a US citizen, he paid his dues legally and if you ask him his views on this are much more vocal than mine. Instead of providing border security they should start rounding up all those that are here Illegal and deport them to the host nations.

This is just like Prisoners that committed crimes in Jail have more rights than the Victims, Something is wrong with this as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

tinner07

I don't mind if you do. That's what I call a "nobody loses" crime, like running a stop sign in the desert with no cars around for miles. Immigration is much more complex, and thus the comparison is weak. I think borders and nations arbitrary in the first place.

For every action there is a reaction. The full effect of illegal immigration will not be known by any one mind. All we can do is search the facts for something on which to base our opinion. Sometimes I look at illegals from a supply and demand perspective. They would not be here if no one would hire them. The fault lies with employers and immigrants alike. The biggest hit to our economy is the massive jump in wages of the 1% since the late 70's.

This inflation-adjusted graph illustrates how our national product has increased, while workers wages have not. The CEO wages are getting the extra money. Companies claim they cannot afford to pay more, but this graph shows that they can, they just don't want to.

Adding further harm to our economy, the extremely rich are not spending their money. They hoard it. If that money were in the hands of workers where it belongs, it would be spent weekly. The middle class would return to it's former glory and our death spiral would be averted.

And that's why I don't care about immigration. We need better wages and we need them now.
edit on 11-3-2014 by DeadGhost because: Fixed Image

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I guess what i really wanted to ask is it ok for me to drive to work without a drivers license?

Maybe I wanted the illegal alien advocates to chime in before I asked that.

What I am saying is, if anybody advocates the breaking of laws if it is for the better of their family, they better advocate my right to drive to work.

I lost my right to drive, I follow the law and dont drive.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadGhost

Thanks for your support and graphs but its not about whether I drive or not, I was questioning which laws do we choose to follow.

Can we choose? seems the illegals can.

I cannot drive without a license, but illegalls can cross the border and be celebrated

I choose not to drive as it is against the law, illegals are rewarded

every illegal is getting welfare benefits, thats why why you think they work so cheap

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well I personally think it's fine if you drive. Your risk taking would likely drop to near nothing for fear of getting stopped. I can't think of a negative impact in my life that could result from this, so I'm giving you the all clear to drive on my roads. Need some gas money? Don't forget to wave when you pass my house.

My point here is that lawmakers don't get to always be right. I hear the common argument "You can't pick and choose which laws you follow."

Actually, I can. What makes a law a good law? I believe we should not do harm unto others. Laws should be based on that principle. I think there is a conservative law in Virginia that bans sex other than missionary position between a married couple with the light off. I'm going to pick and choose not to follow that, and so is everyone else. Bible thumping conservatives are some of the most anti-liberty lawmakers in the world. That is extremely ironic, because they always claim that they want the government out of their business. Hypocrites!

www.dumblaws.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You can ask to have that breath thing installed in your car, I think you need to go and see your lawyer to argue your case that you need to be able to drive to support you family. they may put restrictions on you for work only. It don't hurt to ask and you will never know if you don't try.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I lost my drivers license due to a couple DUI's.
I don't drive.

So your drinking and driving was simply you trying to provide for your family?

Your comparison does not even make sense. The illegal alien crossed the border to find a better life for his family (broke the law in the meantime). You drank and drove because you're an _______.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

yeah I am working on that.

Just get pissed that some people seem to skirt around the laws that built this nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you didnt make sense of it my friend.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I tend to disagree....MS13 nough said

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

tinner07
reply to post by boncho

you didnt make sense of it my friend.

You don't make sense. You compare drinking and driving to illegal immigration. You are trying to compare driving after your license is suspended (because of drinking and driving) to illegal immigration.

But in the comparison you pose, you say providing for your family is the reason you are breaking the law. But in reality, you broke the law when you were drinking and driving. So you weren't trying to provide for your family doing that.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

You could kill someone.

Many Illegal immigrants have killed thousands of citizens.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

VoidWalker

I tend to disagree....MS13 nough said

What?!?
You need to re-read my reply
"illegal immigrants entering the country dont kill people"
unless maybe they jump a fence and land on someone and break their neck

Do you get that?
That is not the same as illegal immigrants IN the country killing people
ENTERING and IN do not mean the same thing

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Night Star

SecretKnowledge

You could kill someone.

Many Illegal immigrants have killed thousands of citizens.

Same reply as my post above
edit on 11/3/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

wow dude slow down no need to chop heads off

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

VoidWalker

wow dude slow down no need to chop heads off

You're right, sorry folks i didnt mean to come across hot headed
it was a long day yesterday.... and not a good one

new topics