It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Senate-CIA Blowup Threatens a Constitutional Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well the constitution has been under attack for a while, so it has been a crisis for a long time. However it does not make headlines till someone spies on the constitutional crisis itself and then she cries about her constitutional freedoms being violated, then it makes headlines.

Enjoy the show!!! I know I will.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
DiFi is ridiculous, she wants to protect the 4th amendment and 2nd amendment as long as they're protecting her but obviously it can't go to the same way for the very Americans the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for.

Oh the Irony....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wish someone would use that crowd-funding website, Kickstarter, to set up a donation fund to raise money with the goal of finally hiring someone to drop-kick that evil hag back to whence she came.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

''

He have been having a constitutional crisis since the civil war. Find the truth.

Traitors crying for justice. This is how far off the path we are citizens. This like the 1,000 stories before it will be blown away by the ever present winds of apathy. I think they are actually using these scandals to slowly desensitize the population until we will just accept it as the new normal.

How do you know you are screwed.......When the things they used to hide are all out in the open and no one cares. This is the true state of the once strong republic. We need men like Jefferson and Adams to bad for us weakness of the mind and body rules the day.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

And the funniest thing about this story is that the DOJ is "going to investigate".

Heck, let's have the supreme court wiegh in on it, too.

Let's have all the elite criminals have a go at this topic.......

How does Biden feel? How about sandra flucke? Isn't susan rice running something in the NSA/CIA? now?

Let's have all the liars and criminals give an opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Funny thing about Intelligence Agencies, their job is to discover threats to the US. And while the CIA is primarily for foreign matters, they can operate domestically to gather information if it is a large enough threat to national security. If there was...oh let's say a legitimate conspiracy to commit treason amongst some of the highest elected officials in the US, I care not how it was uncovered or by which agency.

And I suggest Diane look up just exactly which agencies are going to be owning and flying those drones you like (and label them accordingly), because if it is in any shape or form "military" and the target is not a "military target" that is Posse comitatus and she should know that is unconstitutional as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
She talks of 'failing to maintain a cover-up' as if it's something normal. Another word for cover-up is LIE! This is the new normal. Status Quo. Standard Operating Procedure.

People who lie expect other people to lie. I get a lot of weird looks from people who are forming a lie, fabricating a story, and expect that I should just go along until I tell them they're freaks. That's psychotic, but it's the norm. Deviate from the norm. Tell the truth.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It seems she is irate about her staffers being investigated and possibly charged with a crime.
This is, at the very least, a power struggle in public. The players posturing and bluffing. Let's see if any of the players are ready to push the pile "all in" and call. That is my hope.

My guess is the CIA mistakenly provided the Panetta review documents to the Senate staffers. Ooops! Now Feinstein needs a fall guy and an apology and all will go back to sleep.

CIA: "Gee we sure are sorry we tortured kidnapped and murdered people without congressional approval."

Feinstein: "I am shocked, shocked I tell you that kidnapping, torture and murder is going on!" ...OK I forgive you. Seems like you are really sorry. See that you don't do it again and next time don't give me documents that leave me no choice but to pretend that I oversee your department."

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Let me know if someone important actually ends up doing jail time, otherwise this is just political posturing. Feinstein is the last person I'd expect to do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
this investigation has been going on since 2006....why? because the senate intelligence committee had information that the CIA was lying to them before that, this isn't new, and nobody knows what has been going on under the radar. at those top levels, people have to trust each other, they certainly are not going to take advice from outsiders. there are many people out there both foreign and domestic, that would love nothing better than to see this country (USA) collapse. they can be very sophisticated, clever, and well-financed. so, I know this isn't a popular opinion here, but , I for one, am glad she is not taking anymore crap from the CIA. it's takes some big balls to stand up in congress and talk publicly for 40 minutes about how the CIA is screwing people over, when you have supported them in the past, and trusted what they said, especially when you are the chairman of the CIA's oversite committee.
none of you bitchin' armchair quarterbacks have the power to change the CIA, she does....so I'm all for her for taking them on....and before all of you start telling me how naïve I am, all I can say is, you know a lot less than you think you know.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I think for all practical purposes the intelligence agencies are the government.
They certainly hold the potential to sway any agency or issue they desire.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So the government wants to throw the CIA under the bus over allegations of torture under Bush... and now the CIA is gathering intel on the NSA spying to play against the government?

Am I reading this right?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

xuenchen
Sounds ironic but it's all just an election ploy.

Feinstein herself is not up for election in 2014.

Therefore she gets to go off on tangents to make voters think the D-politicians are doing something and that they are *Oh So concerned* about the Constitution.

This is a standard Red Herring to deflect the real issues.

Indeed.Something closely resembling Nero fiddling while Rome burns comes to my mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Look.

They are all more or less hypocritical lying schemers willing to take any side and any position and lie on anything as long as it gives them a potential edge in politics or power struggles.

Everything else, esp. what you see in the news, is just propaganda and theatre for us.

One thing is that we can count on that nobody high in power will get fired because of this, and the people in the mid-positions will just replace those fired and keep doing the same thing all over again.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

CIA is still under direct government or let say presidential scrutiny as the president is the one that appoints the Director of the CIA, The Director of the NSA is appointed by the Secretary of the Defense that is appointed by the President, now see the difference here? one is a third party while the other one is a direct appointment.

The NSA is now more owned by private interest due to private contracts that the CIA.

So when it comes to corruption the NSA will be the one to be most corrupted by outside interest.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anything that this crack pot nut job is upset about must be a good thing. I hope they are watching her shady, corrupt dealings 24/7. The Women is a power hungry lunatic. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
In all honesty, as Ironic as it is, this is probably our only hope for change until/unless there are enough citizens willing to make it their goal to make things right.

She has the "power" to at least try to initiate some change. However far that initiation may go is unseen.

Let's not knock her while she's down. :-)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

andr3w68
In all honesty, as Ironic as it is, this is probably our only hope for change until/unless there are enough citizens willing to make it their goal to make things right.

She has the "power" to at least try to initiate some change. However far that initiation may go is unseen.

Let's not knock her while she's down. :-)

Give me a break. Anything that this Women does is only in her own greedy interest. She is probably bribing them as we speak. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

SheopleNation
Anything that this crack pot nut job is upset about must be a good thing.

Was thinking the same thing. I personally have nothing but objections to the intel agencies spying on ordinary citizens for no real reason but people like DF are probably the kind of people they SHOULD be watching.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
Was thinking the same thing. I personally have nothing but objections to the intel agencies spying on ordinary citizens for no real reason but people like DF are probably the kind of people they SHOULD be watching.

Yeah Brian, I pretty much feel the same way. I don't like that they need to spy on everybody, it's anti-Constitutional in my view. However, I have no problem with them spying on people who give off red flags, or who are truly potential enemies of The United States of America. God knows we have many enemies within.

The problem is, who do they label as a potential enemy of America? Is it someone who is disgusted with the government corruption that is included on that list? If so, then yeah I have a problem with what they are doing. Otherwise, we need to find out who is a danger to the USA. No way around that one people.

You can't just leave the gates open, and hope for the best. Even though they seem to have been doing that with the borders, and even after 9/11 if one can even believe? Talk about hypocrisy at it's finest!

I also have no problem with cameras being used in public places, I think it's actually a great thing. Peoples private lives need to be respected though. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join