It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Incredible Images Show What the Future Looked Like 100 Years Ago

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
that was interesting
with/without any artistic or building sense its fun to see
next 100 years it might look a lot like another planet

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

Not Sure What it is

But Speaking of a Android Tablet / Ipad

This is One!

From the move 2001 Space Odyssey

From the Poster The Artist Drawing

The Poster for 2001 S O ( Note See How thin it is , & the Graphical illuminating Design on the Device He is Holding ) let alone Outside on the Harsh Environment Moon.. and this was 1968.

2001 Space odyssey made in 1968 , The Character is looking at his Tablet Watching the News ( Predicting a Tablet Device ) While The Movie 2001 Space Odyssey is Being Watch on a Similar Device a I PAD; 40+ Years later It became a Reality

Eating Lunch with your Tablet Device in 1968 !

But He is something to blow ATS Members Mind ! of what the Future Would look Like ..

From the Year 1936 in a Movie called Things to Come

The Thin Transparent Wide Screen TV like in Minority Report and other futuristic movies

The Reality of it ! NOW!

Latest Invention: Solar-Powered See-through LCD TV from Samsung
www.infoniac.com...

edit on 16-10-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Love these,
Great movies involving alternate futures,to see 12 Monkeys (1995) and
Brazil (1985)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just to Note Apology for the typos ! of the Previous Post. I Missed a Couple of letters .. must be my Trademark LOL..

About the Transparent TV Wide Screen in Things to Come SCIFI Movie .. some of you. will say yeah big Deal
well ..

here is a Article

About it

From fantasy to reality: how science fiction has influenced technology
The world of sci-fi has promised us many exciting gadgets, but most haven't come true ... yet. We separate fact from fiction

www.theguardian.com...

Transparent Flat Panel Display
A fifty-inch flat panel display that is (or can be) transparent.
www.technovelgy.com...

(Flat panel clearly transparent)

(Smaller desktop flat panel display)

Things To Come by H.G. Wells:
Science Fiction Inventions, Technology and Ideas

Desktop Flat Panel Intercom
Giant Flat Panel Display
Transparent Flat Panel Display - early flat panel
]Wireless Wrist Intercom - like a cell phone

www.technovelgy.com...

Science Fiction in the News Articles
Related to material in Things To Come
by H.G. Wells
www.technovelgy.com...

Samsung Transparent OLED Display And H.G. Wells
www.technovelgy.com...

If You haven't Watched " Things to Come" Its a Must..

H.G. Wells:
Science Fiction Technology and Ideas
www.technovelgy.com...

Looking Else where for Concepts of the Future of Similarity's of Reality of today ?

look at Some Science Fiction Pulp from the 1920s -1940s to Digests 1950s 1960s in Science Fiction Magazines
from illustrations to Cover Art

for a Example!

Resemblance of a Modern Pc Tower and Keyboard
Hooked up to a Hologram Device and this was in the Early 50s

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

What's most intriguing about the 2001 publicity picture with the proto-Pad: it was painted having a graphical user display and presumably interface, in the days when no user of computer outside a tiny lab had ever seen one.

In 1960's computers were large behemoths with massive tape banks, drive banks, aggressive text-oriented printers and text displays. Even the simplest video games (earliest graphics) weren't in popular culture until 1977 or so.
edit on 16-10-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

What's most intriguing about the 2001 picture with the proto-Pad: it was painted having a graphical user display and presumably interface, in the days when no user of computer outside a tiny lab had ever seen one.

That's the funny thing about a lot of sci-fi. They tend to extrapolate from existing tech but due to unforeseen paradigm shifts you end up with these curiously antiquated futures where, say, you have futuristic technology... with console interfaces

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

What's most intriguing about the 2001 publicity picture with the proto-Pad: it was painted having a graphical user display and presumably interface, in the days when no user of computer outside a tiny lab had ever seen one.

In 1960's computers were large behemoths with massive tape banks, drive banks, aggressive text-oriented printers and text displays. Even the simplest video games (earliest graphics) weren't in popular culture until 1977 or so.

Exactly! Nothing of any kind then! Not Even a Laptop , The Intel Processor came to be in1971 3 years after..the Movie Was made. the First GUI was from Xerox ALTO made in 1973 and THE First PDA " like a Tablet" was in 1984 and then the PDA/TABLET Called Newton made in 1987 practically the First Tablet Device even had a laptop version call eMate 300. but in 1968 ? even the though of a Concept is mind blowing all from the mind of Artur C Clarke !

His Vision of the NEWSPAD as what we see it as a PC Tablet of Today Standards

www.technovelgy.com...

So What is going on Here .. ?????

Someone Foreseen the Future , a Time Traveler ? For the Proto Tablet aka in Clarke's Terms NewsPad

and it Does have a GUI interface well from what it looks like .. Flat and thin. bottom Buttons on it Possibly Touch Screen.. and with Standing High & low Temperatures on the moon. and this is the Same Device that is on the Table when Bowman and Poole are Eating Lunch and Watching the News on it. Its the Same Device !

I Would Like to See or Speak to the The Artist of that painting Let alone some of the Crews Members Making the NEWSPAD .. I would to see the explanation ..

A Chess Game in 1968 looking like this ?

Ive Only Seen this on a Commodore 64 or Apple II in the Early 80s..

How accurate was Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" about the future? - See more at: www.currybet.net...

edit on 16-10-2014 by Wolfenz because: add Chess game 2001 Space odessy Video

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well Slayer69 here is Some More Futuristic Ideas of Futurism back before the late 20s

Check this out this page !

Future Passed: When we dreamed of television
www.theverge.com...

In 1912, the French chocolate company Lombart produced a series of promotional cards packaged with their sweets that looked at the futuristic world of the year 2012. One of the cards in the series showed parents in France speaking to their son in an unnamed Asian country through a mechanical telephone-television device.

I would like to see what the Next 100 years Would Look like that's if We make it.. as a Species.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
S&F Slayer.
. This is the classic Chicken and Egg question. Did the visionaries shape our future tech, or did some just get lucky that their imaginations just run along where we were going anyway? And Wolfenz, I think we'll make it. We're pretty resilient, although sometimes I don't think we deserve to be..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
S&F Slayer.
. This is the classic Chicken and Egg question. Did the visionaries shape our future tech, or did some just get lucky that their imaginations just run along where we were going anyway? And Wolfenz, I think we'll make it. We're pretty resilient, although sometimes I don't think we deserve to be..

I think So LOLLIEK .. the Visionary Shaped our Future Sci Fi Writers ! Especially Ever Read Jules Verne From Earth to the Moon ! (1865) after Reading it, Think... Robert Goddard , Wernher Von Braun and NASA ..

From the Earth to the Moon
en.wikipedia.org...

I Would Defiantly Say: Life Imitated Art in this One !

Well I hope We Make it, not Self Destruction, or Leading ourselves people and government into a DYStopian Dark Age..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join