It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to find information about someone using ip address, two email address, and aim screen name!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I need to find information about a person that contacted me. I have two email address from him, which one of them i think is spoofed what ever that means. The headers on the emails he sent me should have his ip address. I also have his aim screen name. If someone could help me i would appreciate it.

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
er.. im not a nerd or anything so i dont know much about computers at all (only games ^^)...

one thing i do remember... not very well, is that if you send or recive a file from someone, you can go to run, type command.... then type some crazy stuff like netstat -n

and itll tell you all the IP addresses connected to ure computer. dunno if that helps, i only just got up so i might've read ure post completly wrong

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hey pizza exactally what kind of information were you looking to obtain about this person? Also what do you intend on doing with this info if and when you get it? The reason being is that from an IT admin perspective security and privacy has to be upheld in both directions at all times or the whole thing comes crashing down, or at least becomes a real nightmare in finding out who is really to blame. In other words: "Just cause you are the victim today, doesn't mean it is ok to retaliate and become the hacker of tomorrow." ya know what I mean?

But to give you some insite on your problem...You may be able to get some info from the email headers but I doubt it. Unless you are dealing with a real stupid and/or lazy hacker, spammer, scriptkiddie...etc. Today it is just all to easy to bounce emails around from place to place using annonymous servers and the like. Using Aim is also about the same odds. Chat clients usually tie into a main server and are proxied so there are no point to point connections. Of course there are ways of punching holes through these kinds of things, or just using the many holes that already exist, but this would then make you just as bad as them. If this person is bothering you and it is harmless yet annoying it's much smarter and easier to just block them. If they persist and will not stop or if they are threatening you then let me know or let someone else know that can take care of it without reverse hacking them as a solution. I hope this helps, if not let me know...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hey Pizza ... Fwd the e-mail header's to me and his aim sn ... I'll see what I can do. Won't be much though, prolly just find close to where he live's ...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Agreed -- this is a right to privacy issue.

That said, you can find a lot about a person by googling on their screen name and so forth. But the best way of dealing with it is to simply ASK the person themselves.

Do it from another account or email if you're nervous about something.

top topics

join