It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Jesus warned the 12 disciples against apostle Paul in Matthew 24:26

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

So do you throw out Peter's epistles because he made a few mistakes?
As I mentioned above concerning Paul and John Mark, this only comes from Acts and could be an expansion on something that Paul mentioned in one of his letters, so the writer of Acts is making up a story to illustrate the point, that he should have known better, and not that he necessarily only learned it from Paul, but Peter had visions his own self, not being inferior to Paul.
This would be important to the Roman church in establishing its supremacy through the device of making Peter out as the first Pope.
edit on 13-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I got the point, not that you were trying to mislead, but I was simply making sure everyone else wasn't misled into thinking that dream was litterally about food. I'm sure you understand where I was coming from, and if you see me say something in like manner, please correct me.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The reason for the attack on Paul is because he preached the message of the cross...Justified by faith alone and not works...man feels that if we have law then shouldn't we be justified by it, this indicates that scripture is being interpreted by the mind of the man reading it not the mind of Christ in the man whose reading it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ahnggk

YES!!! You are correct. You have what it takes keep digging. Finding that on your own means you are super astute. Good reading. Chech ou Revelation Jesus letter to Ephesus and then read Paul saying Asia rejected him.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
reply to post by ahnggk

I think Paul gave the same warnings Jesus did in Mathew 13 .Peter along with others acknowledged Paul as a brother in the faith .peace

Paul HATED the 12 and was jealous calling them sarcastically apostles of men and saying they arepuffed up. And they argue once Peter finds out what Paul has been teaching he flips.

I hate when people who never read the bible like a regular book try saying things that are not true like they got along. Yeah for like 5 minutes. " All of Asia has rejected me" Pauls words.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

stok3th3fir3

If you read past the dream you will see what the interpretation actually is. It is aboit people not food. You have misinterpreted that dream.

I read and studied the bible for almost 30 years as a devout Christian. I know what that passage is about. Again, you have missed my point in referencing it. Of course it's about people. "Clean and unclean". It is Peter's misunderstanding, and god's subsequent correction, that taught Peter not to think people unclean that god had made clean. So do you throw out Peter's epistles because he made a few mistakes? Had to be corrected? Or because you may not understand what he's saying in an epistle? No. You do exactly what you have obviously done. Study until you do understand. Do you see where I was going now?

If you studied the bible for 30 years and can't tell that Paul is a false prophet then you aren't very smart. Sorry but it's true. It took me 1 year of rigorous dedicated study to figure out what you couldn't in 30.

Glad I'm not you.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

originally posted by: Klassified

stok3th3fir3

If you read past the dream you will see what the interpretation actually is. It is aboit people not food. You have misinterpreted that dream.

I read and studied the bible for almost 30 years as a devout Christian. I know what that passage is about. Again, you have missed my point in referencing it. Of course it's about people. "Clean and unclean". It is Peter's misunderstanding, and god's subsequent correction, that taught Peter not to think people unclean that god had made clean. So do you throw out Peter's epistles because he made a few mistakes? Had to be corrected? Or because you may not understand what he's saying in an epistle? No. You do exactly what you have obviously done. Study until you do understand. Do you see where I was going now?

If you studied the bible for 30 years and can't tell that Paul is a false prophet then you aren't very smart. Sorry but it's true. It took me 1 year of rigorous dedicated study to figure out what you couldn't in 30.

Glad I'm not you.

Then at least we can agree on one thing. I'm glad you're not me too.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Your the one who in 30 years never listened to Jesus, because he makes it known 3 times in Revelation that Paul is a false prophet.

1 letter to Ephesus.
2 mentions Balaam, the OT Paul
3 the vision of new Jerusalem only has12 of everything INCLUDING Apostles. Matthias was 12. Pauls out.

Plus he oks things Jesus forbids, like eating meat sacrificed to Idols. Direct contradiction.

Jesus simplifies the Commandments down to 2 Love God... Love your neighbors...

Paul thinks that's too many, he simplifies it down to one. I guess you think Paul outranks Jesus?

30 years and no clue. I honestly pity you.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul
Do you always get this bent out of shape when discussing mythology? That is what we're discussing here. The bible, the Quran, and any other holy book you want to mention. All fairy tales. I don't mind if you disagree with my view. It's a storybook, and I think Paul's writings are fitting additions to the play. You disagree, and that's fine with me. It doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest, any more than your insults and pity do. If you plan on sticking around on ATS, you might want to lighten up a little and have some fun with these debates. Those with chips on their shoulders usually don't last long here. Oh, and Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't have a good reason. The bible says he's a false prophet, granted it isn't obvious but 30 years and you don't see how the new testament is 2 religions, Christ and the 12 vs Paul and Paul.

And Paul dominates both the new testament and the churches. He made it a legalist fascist religion. He boasts, talks trash about the Apostles constantly, teaches things that Jesus made forbidden OK. Advocates slavery, promotes misogyny and a hierarchy of leadership which Jesus said not to do.

All things that prove his conversion story is lie and he is a charlatan, the wolf of the tribe of Benjamin and the leaven of the Pharisees Jesus spoke of.

Yeah, great addition to Jesus teachings.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Im just giving you my reasons im not being hostile, no chip. I am just not going to ever stop telling people the truth about Paul even if it makes you angry.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul
Since you keep bringing up my many years of bible study. You're absolutely right. I can't believe I spent almost 30 years of my life believing any part of the bible was the word of "god". It disgusts me that i ever believed a word of it. It is a book of lies, just like every other religious text. That's why I could care less about Paul. He's just another deceiver of people, just like Jesus was, and the prophets of the old testament. The greatest deception of all, is god himself.
But...I can talk about it, just like I can talk about Aesop's fables or Homer's Iliad. And to me, Paul's fits in quite nicely with the rest of the deceivers of humankind. Religion, especially the Abrahamic religions, are the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the masses.

Im just giving you my reasons im not being hostile, no chip. I am just not going to ever stop telling people the truth about Paul even if it makes you angry.

There is no truth to tell about Paul. I wouldn't swear the man ever existed. Or Jesus either. And if they did, I question whether either of them said anything attributed to them.

Me angry? Lol. That's funny. I'm here to have fun with this stuff, and learn while I'm at it. I would be thoroughly disappointed if no one strongly disagreed with me.
edit on 2/16/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ok I think I understand, I kind of feel the same way. I still like to talk about it too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join