It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Meet Adam Tang, the NY "speed demon" who circled Manhattan in 24 minutes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The speed demon who ‘drove around Manhattan in 24 minutes’ can’t get his driver’s license back: judge.

They want to jail him for speeding…

Pssht. Check out that video. He should get a medal.

Guess New York is so incredibly crime free that they have time and money to go after someone speeding and driving “recklessly”.

Anyone ever driven in NYC?

Everyone speeds and drives recklessly.

As a matter of fact, if you don’t speed and drive recklessly, you’ll get cut off and run off the road (if you’re lucky).

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Sorry but he is an idiot.
When he kills a family of four and himself because of his speeding come back and tell me how great he is.
I have lost 2 members of my family because of a boy racer...
I am glad he has no licence....what did he expect eh?.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I refuse to drive when we visit NYC. I don't have the nerves for it. I'm too passive, I'd never actually get anywhere! And when my husband is driving us around the city, more often than not I keep my eyes closed. It's terrifying. Truly terrifying. Eyes closed, butt clenched, hands pressed against the dash or holding the "oh # handle" on the door. That's me.

And the first time I ever saw someone "parked" in the street with their hazard lights on, I was like "Oh no, those people might need help". And hubby was like "No babe, that's how you park here".

And the guy in the video is one reason I keep my eyes closed! If he breezed past me I'd be gasping for air full on panic attack, haha.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Pretty safe to say he wasn't going to get rear ended . But because he did stop for a bit that could have happened .Good driver ,just not a smart thing to do .....peace

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What was his maximum speed? I counted only 1 redlight run. Didn't look particularly dangerous or illegal to me. If he was endangering people how is it the cops didn't pull him over? Furthermore, the video doesn't even show who is driving. How is that evidence?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

i don't see a speedometer on there. What was his top and average speed?

Fromt he looks of it, in the speed it is going, i wouldn't think it is all that different than how i drive. although i drive a ford f150 lariat.

Regardless...i don't see a reason to keep this kids license. Not without seeing the speeds driven.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i live in NY, work in NYC and play in NYC. so i've done a lot of driving in and around the city. im really surprised this guy was able to get that quick of a run without getting jammed up anywhere. i actually hate people that drive like this here because it just puts everyone at risk that he's passing. all it takes is the smallest mistake with that asshole and someone is losing there life because he wanted to get all "fast and furious" and be all cool.

i mean, i wouldn't say that EVERYONE in NYC drives a millions miles an hour and if you drive the speed limit you're getting run off the road. but, driving is different in different parts of the city.

driving in downtown or midtown is a mess. the density of people and cars makes it so you cant get more than a couple blocks at a time so there's no opportunity to go a million miles per hour. plus you never know whose going to decide to jump off the sidewalk and decide to cross the street or some other unpredictable thing so you can't be hauling ass like that in the actual city.

that being said driving in brooklyn or queens is different. people have no patience and no tolerance for people who don't know what their doing or people who don't know how to park their car. everyone is always rushing, that much is true.

as for the highways around the city, you better be good at merging. because people don't want to let you over and don't want to slow down to let you in. but much like anywhere else there's always that person driving 45mph in the right lane, just either scared or old or stoned or god knows what taking their sweet as time and actually creating traffic. but, what gets me crazy is the lack of people who use their signals or who just decide to pull some crazy maneuver out of nowhere....you always need to be one your toes and drive defensively.

edit on 11-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Like you I hate driving in NY. The last time I wasn't even in the city proper, I was still on the interstate when a huge semi ran me off on an exit that I wasn't planning on taking ( I was going through NY not into NY) and next thing I know I'm at a toll booth. I put my hand out for my ticket only to have booth attendant demand my toll ticket. "What toll ticket, I don't have one. Aren't you supppose to give me one?"

She looks at me all crazy and said "how did you get here and do you know you're on the Hazmat?" I told her a semi ran me off on an exit. She made me pay the whole of the toll that was more than half of what it should have cost me.

If you hate driving in NY then don't even try Boston. On the interstate they start driving in the break down lane miles before the exit and if you don't know this you are not going to get in to take your exit. NO ONE will let you into the break down lane in front of them. I never take a sigh of relief until I get to the New Hampshire border.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

with a known distance , time and stops - minimum average speed is easily calculated

also what are the overtaking and road marking laws in NY state ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

with a known distance , time and stops - minimum average speed is easily calculated

also what are the overtaking and road marking laws in NY state ?

Then do it. Easily.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

sigh - as you wish

116th street > FDR dr. south to east river drive [ tunnal portal ] - distance 1.49 miles , time 76 seconds . velocity = 70 mph

that's just a spot time for a section with no stops .

whats the NYC speed limits ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I drive an Astra GTC. It has a 165bhp and does 140mph. 0-60 in 8 seconds and I like nothing better than driving 5mph under the speed limit. I'm sure it annoys the hell out of folk, especially boy racers like this idiot.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

sigh - as you wish

116th street > FDR dr. south to east river drive [ tunnal portal ] - distance 1.49 miles , time 76 seconds . velocity = 70 mph

that's just a spot time for a section with no stops .

whats the NYC speed limits ?

who knows. i am too lazy to do the math...what makes you think i am looking up NY law. LOL

new topics

top topics

join