It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein: CIA searched Intelligence Committee computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said the activities of agency officials "may have undermined the constitutional framework" of congressional oversight.

The situation amounted to an attempted intimidation of congressional investigators, she said, adding: "I am not taking it lightly."

Besides possible constitutional violations, Feinstein said the CIA may also have violated the Fourth Amendment, various federal laws and a presidential executive order that bars the agency from conducting domestic searches and surveillance. She said she has asked for an apology and recognition that the CIA search of the committee's computers was inappropriate, but, "I have received neither."

Do it to all of us, and you provide the butter.. Do it to one of yours and you're up in arms and expect us to feel sorry for you.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Vaedur because: My spelling sucks due to lack of government funding to the education system.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

She's still playing her assigned role. Mild surprise and indignation.

She's on the intelligence committee. She knows what the NSA and CIA are capable of.

I saw this and had to LOL.

“I have asked for an apology,” Senator Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat, said in a speech on the Senate floor today in Washington.

edit on 11-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: updated information

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Awwwwe! Too bad!

Let's all have a pity party for Feinstein... who is just fine with us schmucks getting spied on by the NSA!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

America Has A Constitution Free Zone? WTF!!????

SLAYER69
reply to post by Imightknow

Well according to the map that puts The White house, Congress, Senate and the Chief Justices ALL within the limits. I say let's start with THEIR personal electronic devices. They are US Citizens after all and do FALL within the parameters.

You know that whole "Lead by example" thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

She can kiss my ass.

I see she gets all butt hurt when it happens to her highness, but has nothing to say when the people have an issue with the same action.

Anyone championing this Govt is just a moron. And anyone thinking that all we need is bigger Govt, needs to be hit in the head with a tack hammer.
edit on 11-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
well shouldnt someone be investigating congress & Feinstein for possible constitutional violations & corruption as well,,,talk about the pot & the kettle...
she sold out to the corperate elite bankers & wallstreet,,,& helped them violated peoples Fourth Amendment rights in the first place
she just gets upset when her rights are violated,,,how dare they not allow her Quid pro quos too cause more damage to society

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoaxster

Yes, makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Vaedur

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said the activities of agency officials "may have undermined the constitutional framework" of congressional oversight.

The situation amounted to an attempted intimidation of congressional investigators, she said, adding: "I am not taking it lightly."

Besides possible constitutional violations, Feinstein said the CIA may also have violated the Fourth Amendment, various federal laws and a presidential executive order that bars the agency from conducting domestic searches and surveillance. She said she has asked for an apology and recognition that the CIA search of the committee's computers was inappropriate, but, "I have received neither."

Do it to all of us, and you provide the butter.. Do it to one of yours and you're up in arms and expect us to feel sorry for you.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Vaedur because: My

spelling sucks due to lack of government funding to the education system.

My thoughts. Exactly. Sounds like a house of cards episode
edit on 027111131327311th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Awww...Well sure she's "hurt"....she already made it clear who's side she's on after all !! I guess the CIA didn't "TRUST" that this BS committee had their backs! What happened to the good ole days when there was HONOR among thieves!!!! Outrageous...eye roll....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Don't worry, Diane, I'm calling a "Whaa-mbulance" right now!!!

Insufferable cow! Guess she forgot that she actually works for us.

I want to see her tax filings for the past 10 years.

B#tch!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

She's on the intelligence committee. She knows what the NSA and CIA are capable of.

That there is the real problem. The politicians are assigned these roles and they come and go and, as such, are told what the real power brokers think they need to be told in order to stoke their egos and allow them to talk about the subject with seeming authority. In fact, I'd wager that they know zip about the real goings on and what the agencies, and factions / departments within them are really up to.
Accordingly, they might well act a little surprised when they discover that they too are under surveillance by the very same agencies they are supposed to have oversight of and some control over! I think that most likely holds true right up to the very top as, even the president (or PM in our case), is simply an appointed tool of the power brokers and therefore needs only be told what they think he needs to know.

These agencies are a law unto themselves and of course the ones behind the curtains pulling all the strings.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

An apology isn't going to fix it or prevent the situation from recurring. I actually worry more about CIA/NSA spying on our Congress than on myself because the former can basically be potentially subjugated to agency will through blackmail, entirely trumping our (facade of?) democracy. Really what should be going on is a more vicious cleaning up of house in these agencies like what occurred in the 70's but actually doing a more meaningful clean up this time.

But no, it's acting like it's kids being rough on a playground and being forced to apologize. I'd like Feinstein to apologize for not taking them appropriately to task on any of this and then showing actual penitence for that failure by doing something about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't feel sorry that congress is getting spied on.

They need to be.

When it comes to 'trusting' congress or the CIA.

I vote for none of the above.

US politiicans especially Feinstein have a SEVERE lack of credibility.

new topics

top topics

join