Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
I am going to roll with they landed it in the Maldives. Plenty of religious extremism there, airport could easily handle this plane, and if the right people were involved it would be the perfect place to refuel and prepare for something big. Conspiracy hat on. Would love to find out if the passport thieves are linked to any extremist groups. Fully fueled and without passengers I believe they could hit most major cities with this plane on the globe.
edit on 3/11/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

For me this theory sounds extremely far-fetched and better suited for a night at the movies with some flick starring Brice Willis - but in PRACTICE entirely unpractical and causing a TON of "logistical" problems.

* We have radar tracking the plane and so or so it would be extremely difficult to go with the plane somewhere "in hiding" which means they would have a really sophisticated way of going somewhere while at the same time (somehow) manage to avoid all radar.

* They have 230 passengers and crew. What about them?

* "They could hit most major cities"....how should that work? Do you think they could easily board the plane (after they did whatever unspeakable things to 230+ people) without being detected by RADAR? Much luck flying into China, the US or whatever other halfway developed country. There is radar, there are satellites. You cannot "simply" take a 777 and "sneak around" with it across the globe, especially not after 9/11. They would be shot down before they reach whatever they want to reach. How long do you think they could remain in, say, Chinese or US airspace without identifying themselves? Do you think they would make it to, say, New York, Beijing or wherever like that?

I am just saying...a great plot for a mediocre movie but it's not practical, that the plane ended up in the ocean and sank entirely is MORE plausible to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Kuala Lumpur is an obvious place for an Iranian to attempt to get to a western country as a refugee. Malaysia has no visa restrictions for Iranians. Go there, there are many. Many try to get to Australia from there.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The question i'm asking why Malaysian authorities were lying ? How those two young men look anything like soccer player Mario Balotelli ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I'm not sure you understand how transponder (squawk) codes work. They are not pre-programmed into the transponder. Squawk codes are assigned when the flight plan is activated just prior to take-off. In addition, they are commonly changed to different codes as planes fly from one controllers sector to another.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
These tweets about the statements by Berita Harian -

Quote:

RMAF Chief said no such thing to Berita Harian, just spoke to him @towersight

twitter.com...

Quote:

Official statement coming soon RT @sicfallacy: @FirdausAzil @DzirhanDefence said that RMAF Chief never said that.

twitter.com...

This gets frustrating having officials tweeting different things
than what the Mainstream media such as BBC and Reuters has quoted arggg..

Malaysia's Berita Harian newspaper also quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud yesterday as saying the plane was last detected by military radar at 2.40am on Saturday, near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca and at a height of about 29,500 feet. The latest revelation has raised further questions about the Malaysian government and its national carrier's handling of the situation

www.scmp.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I do understand, was being "simple" for others benefit.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe the question isn't where is the plane, but when is the plane ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I wonder if the reality is that the plane's location is narrowed down to an area and these comments from the malaysian officials are mistakes (anonymous is always for a reason) that could hamper whatever attempts are being made to rescue anyone being held hostage.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Latest pictures of the two seem to show they werent black. At least by my eyes

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here is the latest tweet by Dzirhan Mahadzir‏@DzirhanDefence·9m

Dzirhan Mahadzir‏@DzirhanDefence·9m
RMAF release on recent reports now out, have posted here but have original e-copy of it so no one can say it fake on.fb.me...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Refers to the official statement which is here:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY CHIEF OF ROYAL MALAYSIAN
AIR FORCE ON BERITA HARIAN NEWS ARTICLE DATED 11th
MARCH 2014 ON SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATIONS IN THE
STRAITS OF MALACCA

1. I refer to the Berita Harian news article dated 11th March 2014 on Search and Rescue Operations in the Straits of Malacca which (in Bahasa Malaysia) referred to me as making the following statements:

The RMAF Chief confirmed that RMAF Butterworth airbase detected the location signal of the airliner as indicating that it turned back from its original heading to the direction of Kota Bahru, Kelantan, and was believed to have pass through the airspace of the East Coast of and Northern Peninsular Malaysia.

The last time the plane was detected by the air control tower was in the vicinity of Pulau Perak in the Straits of Malacca at 2.40 in the morning before the signal disappeared without any trace, he said.

2. I wish to state that I did not make any such statements as above, what occurred was that the Berita Harian journalist asked me if such an incident occurred as detailed in their story, however I did not give any answer to the question, instead what I said to the journalist was “Please refer to the statement which I have already made on 9 March 2014, during the press conference with the Chief of Defence Force at the Sama-Sama Hotel, Kuala Lumpur International Airport”.

3. What I stated during that press conference was,

The RMAF has not ruled out the possibility of an air turn back on a reciprocal heading before the aircraft vanished from the radar and this resulted in the Search and Rescue Operations being widen to the vicinity of the waters of Pulau Pinang.

4. I request this misreporting be amended and corrected to prevent further misinterpretations of what is clearly an inaccurate and incorrect report.

5. Currently the RMAF is examining and analyzing all possibilities as regards to the airliner’s flight paths subsequent to its disappearance. However for the time being, it would not be appropriate for the RMAF to issue any official conclusions as to the aircraft’s flight path until a high amount of certainty and verification is achieved. However all ongoing search operations are at the moment being conducted to cover all possible areas where the aircraft could have gone down in order to ensure no possibility is overlooked.

6. In addition, I would like to state to the media that all information and developments will be released via official statements and press conferences as soon as possible and when appropriate. Our current efforts are focused upon on finding the aircraft as soon as possible.

Thank You

GENERAL TAN SRI DATO’SRI RODZALI BIN DAUD RMAF
Chief of Royal Malaysian Air Force

Released On:

11 March 14
Kuala Lumpur

www.facebook.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If it is a nefarious plot involving the Iranians, then one possible destination could be Saudi Arabia (thinking of the King of the North attacking the King of the South and setting off the Gog-Magog war maybe? No I don't claim to be a biblical scholar, but that's the impression I got from reading all the stuff on here)

For certain though someone is lying big time and while our attention is focused around Indonesia and Malaysia, what is going on elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

These aircraft are more than just flying buses. I would be more interested in what is in the cargo hold. The insurance records of major incident aircraft losses in the past have shown that it is not uncommon to carry upwards of 250 million dollars of various high value tangibles on a single transit. If an upstart military group, warlord, or black marketeer were so bold, a hijacking would not be out of the question, and would explain the lack of demands.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

xavi1000
The question i'm asking why Malaysian authorities were lying ? How those two young men look anything like soccer player Mario Balotelli ?

I could have sworn the soccer player look-alike was the blurred man on the right there. He does resemble the player in the non-blurred version I've seen...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I saw something odd on Flightstats, are airplane call numbers usually reassigned, even in the case of a missing or crashed plane? Just curious. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thisbseth
reply to post by Skyfloating

Last night I heard a pretty good theory on the Coast To Coast show (don't criticize me, as I work graveyard shift and its the only thing interesting on)

Well as I was saying the caller said " What if the 'Terrorists' hijacked the plane, flew it under the radar to a landing pad or field where more 'Terrorists' loaded a nuke on the plane. Then they could easily just bleep back on the radar, get grounded to the nearest airport, like China. and BANG"

He said something like that, but after hearing it it kind of made sense to me. anyone else or nah?

Flying "under the radar" takes a large amount of fuel. The aircraft is designed to have range at normal cruise altitude.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed

Vasa Croe
I am going to roll with they landed it in the Maldives. Plenty of religious extremism there, airport could easily handle this plane, and if the right people were involved it would be the perfect place to refuel and prepare for something big. Conspiracy hat on. Would love to find out if the passport thieves are linked to any extremist groups. Fully fueled and without passengers I believe they could hit most major cities with this plane on the globe.
edit on 3/11/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

For me this theory sounds extremely far-fetched and better suited for a night at the movies with some flick starring Brice Willis - but in PRACTICE entirely unpractical and causing a TON of "logistical" problems.

* We have radar tracking the plane and so or so it would be extremely difficult to go with the plane somewhere "in hiding" which means they would have a really sophisticated way of going somewhere while at the same time (somehow) manage to avoid all radar.

* They have 230 passengers and crew. What about them?

* "They could hit most major cities"....how should that work? Do you think they could easily board the plane (after they did whatever unspeakable things to 230+ people) without being detected by RADAR? Much luck flying into China, the US or whatever other halfway developed country. There is radar, there are satellites. You cannot "simply" take a 777 and "sneak around" with it across the globe, especially not after 9/11. They would be shot down before they reach whatever they want to reach. How long do you think they could remain in, say, Chinese or US airspace without identifying themselves? Do you think they would make it to, say, New York, Beijing or wherever like that?

I am just saying...a great plot for a mediocre movie but it's not practical, that the plane ended up in the ocean and sank entirely is MORE plausible to me.

Sure it is far fetched. Bet you would have said the same prior to 911 if someone made that story up as well. It plays out like a mediocre movie too.

You think a terrorist group would give a second thought to killing 230 passenger and crew in order to achieve their goal?

So....if radar tracked them then where are they? There would be a small enough window when they went off radar to give a vicinity to look for debris, that and if radar were tracking then how are they just now finding out today that they made a deviance from the flight plan and flew to the west? They only just got that data from a military base that happened to pick them up.

Sure they could easily board a plane after doing whatever...they walk onto the plane and take off.

While it sounds implausible, so does the ability to actually hijack a plane these days, or board with a fake passport, or a number of other things. Fact is, tracking was turned off before the plane was picked up by the military base meaning it was deliberate and points to hijacking.

Not sure two guys could pull this off unless they had help.

I have to assume the entire hijacking was planned with inside help. The passports were both stolen over a year ago and I would think there would be a flag on them in ANY airport yet there was not. There was no distress call or signal issued from the pilots and with all the safety measures in aircraft now, how did these guys take over an airplane and get into the cockpit without time for the actual pilots to send anything at all? It was obviously done prior to the change of course and the transponder being turned off so the plane exploding can't be an explanation.

Inside help is very likely. With a well planned and executed hijacking, who knows what could have been planned for the rest of it. I would say just the planning of the hijack of the plane alone would be quite an undertaking, so who is to say that was the end of the plan.....would be kind of a silly plan to just hijack a plane.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Very possible in my opinion,
I posted the latest tweet from the RMAF Chief, see above;
now that these news sources have been located it should be easier
to follow the "official line" . Funny how all of the "official" news
outlets can be so confusing, for whatever reason.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The PILOT "hijacked" his own plane. He was a POLITICAL ACITVIST WHO CREATED HIS OWN FLIGHT SIMULATOR. He is the terrorist. He would know how to turn off all equipment and where to go to hide from radar. I think the plane is still intact.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

QuantumEffects
The PILOT "hijacked" his own plane. He was a POLITICAL ACITVIST WHO CREATED HIS OWN FLIGHT SIMULATOR. He is the terrorist. He would know how to turn off all equipment and where to go to hide from radar. I think the plane is still intact.

Yeah, after 18 000 flight hours and great career and renome in aviation he suddenly became terrorist.Roll eyes ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Nyiah

xavi1000

I could have sworn the soccer player look-alike was the blurred man on the right there. He does resemble the player in the non-blurred version I've seen...

The guy in the middle does appear to be black.....look at his arm, maybe the Malaysian guy was confused (and maybe not)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join