Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I've not been following this on ATS but have been watching this on the news. A BBC broadcast about three days ago stated that passengers phones were still switched on and emitting signals. We were shocked to hear the story, thinking if people were still alive they had just alerted hijackers (or whatever) to a possible means of locating them. Needless to stay it was the first and last time that story was broadcast.

the misinformation is frustrating but the circumstances are fascinating.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iafconfederacy

they been sucking on the peace pipe way to long, this will never happen

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Downturn

iafconfederacy
Not sure if this has any credibility, but here it is.

Am I the only one that finished that off and wondered what the eff I just read?

2.5 minutes of my life that I can never get back.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
to be honest i think that the aircraft has crashed, it has been a blown out cockpit window or similar (the door that was found looked like an over wing escape hatch) that has caused a rapid decompression, pilots have tried to change the aircraft heading back towards the originating airport and passed out whilst turning the autopilot heading dial and its headed out over the straights (reason why the military has it on another heading and height) and its has flown on until the fuel has exhausted and it has come down either in the Indian ocean, or bay of Bengal, i don't think that it headed north otherwise the Chinese would have intercepted it, and the US would have seen it from either Japan or Guam. if it reversed course and continued until the fuel ran out it could have headed towards Madagascar. fuel range alone was meant to be 4-5 hours worth, at maximum cruise at altitude 490kn (590ish mph) would take it 2360 miles - 2950 miles, then for how ever long it glided for before plunging into the sea (approx another 75-100miles) which would make the square miles in the search area astronomical

my 2 cents

Wee Mad Mental
edit on 15/3/2014 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They now conclude the plane was in the air for 7 hours, was deliberately
stolen, and are looking in the pilots home.

In other developments Saturday, police officers were seen arriving at the gated residential compound where the flight’s pilot, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, reportedly had his home, and Malaysian news media reported that a search was underway after a week of false rumors about a raid. A police spokeswoman declined to comment, saying that no details would be available until a news conference early Sunday evening
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

weemadmental
fuel range alone was meant to be 4-5 hours worth...

it is close to a six hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing at normal cruising speeds. Additionally, the most recent update is that the plane was in flight at least 7 1/2 hours after it's transponder was shut off.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm watching CNN right now and the latest points of interest of the plane's whereabouts are northeast of Iran and southwest Indian Ocean off the coast of Australia. Also they're now reporting that they are searching the homes of the pilots.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

does any one know the exact fuel load, 7 1/2 flight at 35000 would take it about 4500 miles

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

at that range and maximum speed, you could check Siberia, the Antarctic, Madagascar, Australia, New Zealand, Iran, Iraq the list goes on

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

7.5hrs at 590 (max speed at 35000) would mean 4425 miles from its last position, the square miles to check would be horrendous

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm curious as to whether the plane could have stayed off radar by flying above radar. There has been a lot of mention of flying below it to stay off radar but I'm curious as to whether it had the capability to fly that high and what the effect on fuel would be. I read somewhere that the passengers or rather those outside the cockpit could have been knocked unconscious by high altitude and a small decompression if the whoever controlled things wanted (although I know nothing of the feasibility of doing so

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by josefrees

i dont think its possible to fly above radar, a civilian jet would not be able to climb to such a height where it could be lost in the clutter, a decompression would kill within minutes, a rapid decompression would be like a fog in the cabin and people would freeze to death or asphyxiate straight away.

This sort of accident has happened before see here

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Officials - ‘It Is Conclusive’ Someone
Hijacked Missing Jet

The official, who is involved in the investigation, says no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking
was no longer a theory. “It is conclusive.”
washington.cbslocal.com...

They have the data from Satellite, the Rolls Royce engines
have a sat uplink and they kept pinging pressure and temps
to the Satellite. Following the direction of the pings,
engine temps and pressure lead them to believe
the Plane flew for 7 hours.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

weemadmental
reply to post by josefrees

i dont think its possible to fly above radar

They keep track of the plane by its own contrails, this is no joke.
NSA can look that up in minutes, if not seconds.

A 777 at 45,000 feet is going to blowing a big one.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

except that the malaysians keep talking out of turn, contradicting themselves, and the other nations helping with the search and basically making their efforts seem almost comical (see witch doctors for conclusive evidence).

The plane is gone. It might turn up. It might not. I'm more bothered by the poor souls on the plane. If the plane was stolen, they are not needed and would, most likely, be killed. If the plane was hijacked, they are collateral and are living in hell at the moment. I'm almost leaning towards hoping it crashed and they all died quickly, painlessly and with as little knowledge of their fate as possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That's the first time I've heard of that mentioned as a means of real world tracking of aircraft like this. I've heard it referenced in how stealthy aircraft can be tracked with enough sophistication applied, but as far as I know, they still need a rough area of sky to try detecting in, in real time, vs the ability to blanket a region and just report anomalies?

I'd love to hear if I'm wrong about that? It would be a whole new aspect.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I've heard it referenced in how stealthy aircraft can be tracked with enough sophistication applied, but as far as I know, they still need a rough area of sky to try detecting in, in real time,

Real time tracking is standard with Boeing, even with Malaysia opted out,
that is to say when the transponders are on. With them off, the Rolls Royce
engines will continue to transmit data via sat uplink, pressure and temps,
just how real time I cant say but will say its not a week later...

As Crake said above, my heart goes out to the people aboard, and loved ones.

edit on 15-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Edit. Oh, so thats just the satellite's position?
edit on 15-3-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

MrSpad

LordOfDestruction
I dont understand the whole hijacking point of view on this, dont terrorist cells usually claim a hijacking when or after they do it?

Most hijackings are the act of single person with no ties to a group. Of course 911 ruined that because where people once would cooperate and know they would be fine now they go after the jacker because they have nothing to lose.

Where did you find the statistics to support that claim? I am sure inread somewhere that a hijacking is done by 3 or more.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why would you hijack a plane and then make no demands?

I find it strange how no subversive organisations have claimed responsibility?

Billy

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join