It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Perhaps Courtney Brown of Farsight Institute, can remote view, the location of the plane (sarcasm?).

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

i'd like to see world peace but i think im getting a little ahead of myself. i feel the same way as one of the relatives on the news the other day, i don't want to know the outcome cus as every day goes by of no news, theres that little bit that hopes it has landed and they are all still alive. i just hate to think its deep in water, it would be nice for just once to have a miracle that these people are still alive.

feeling helpless

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

andy1972
Sorry to ask again but how much fuel did this invisible plane have on board and how far could it go ??

I've asked before but can't find the post

they are looking in a 27 thousand square mile radius ....that's a lot of hay bales to find that needle

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

andy1972
Sorry to ask again but how much fuel did this invisible plane have on board and how far could it go ??

Why don't you read the thread? every thing you have asked has been answered or isn't worth asking.

More reading, less writing would be good

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

andy1972

The aircraft was fueled for a 2,500nm flight. This would mean it would have a roughly 2,500nm radius if 'good guys' were in control of it. If 'bad guys' were in control of it, and they ignored the required fuel reserves, that range would then expand out to about 4,500nm (or more) max range.

To get more accurate, you'd need to subtract out the known mileage traveled (roughly 400nm or so) and draw the radius circle from a point about 400 nautical miles NE of Kuala Lumpur, out over the South China Sea.

Just for grins I did just that earlier today. The 'bad guy' radius extends out over a staggering amount of water and real-estate. Reachable countries include North Korea, all of the '-stans' (including Pakistan and Afghanistan), Yemen and possibly even Somalia, Western Australia, Philippines, of course Indonesia. Also included would be obviously China, all of SE Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myannmar, etc). Bangledesh would be in there as well. Shoot, this aircraft could have made it all the way to Iran even.

That no one seems to know even what direction it went seems just incomprehensible to me! However, that said, the possibilities of where it could have wound up (crashed or otherwise) is chilling to say the least!

edit on 3/13/2014 by Flyingclaydisk because: added 'known'

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Finally, they are now using the satellite data to pinpoint the last pings!

Here we go ;

REPORT: Malaysia Airlines jet may have crashed into Indian Ocean; jetliner 'pinged' satellite after vanishing from radar

U.S. officials have 'indication' Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into Indian Ocean. USS Kidd headed for area to help with search; plane continued to send satellite'pings' after falling off radar, report says
www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
found this comment on another website:

Don't want to confirm this, but one of my friends in the ''know'' who gave me correct information about AF447 in 2009 just text me saying the track of the aircraft changed from 024 degrees to 333 degrees and the change in attitude from 35,000ft to 0ft in the space of a minute coupled with the change in track signifies a rapid uncontrolled descent - I really don't want to get into speculating what caused this but I thought I'd share the information, have to say it's devastating news - I really don't want to believe it frankly. www.boards.ie...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been "processed" here yet , and dont know if it is credible information , anyway...

"Malaysia Airliner Communications Shut Down Separately: US Officials Say"

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

U.S. investigators told ABC News that the two modes of communication were "systematically shut down."

That means the U.S. team "is convinced that there was manual intervention," a source said, which means it was likely not an accident or catastrophic malfunction that took the plane out of the sky.

U.S. officials said earlier that they have an "indication" the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.
It's not clear what the indication was, but senior administration officials told ABC News the missing Malaysian flight continued to "ping" a satellite on an hourly basis after it lost contact with radar. The Boeing 777 jetliners are equipped with what is called the Airplane Health Management system in which they ping a satellite every hour. The number of pings would indicate how long the plane stayed aloft.

It's not clear, however, whether the satellite pings also indicate the plane's location.

The new information has greatly expanded the potential search area into the Indian Ocean.

"We have an indication the plane went down in the Indian Ocean," the senior Pentagon official said.

The official initially said there were indications that the plane flew four or five hours after disappearing from radar and that they believe it went into the water. Officials later said the plane likely did not fly four or five hours, but did not specify how long it may have been airborne.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said, “It's my understanding that based on some new information that's not necessarily conclusive, but new information, an additional search area may be opened in the Indian Ocean, and we are consulting with international partners about the appropriate assets to deploy.”

Carney did not specify the nature of the “new information.”

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

slippeddisc
found this comment on another website:

Don't want to confirm this, but one of my friends in the ''know'' who gave me correct information about AF447 in 2009 just text me saying the track of the aircraft changed from 024 degrees to 333 degrees and the change in attitude from 35,000ft to 0ft in the space of a minute coupled with the change in track signifies a rapid uncontrolled descent - I really don't want to get into speculating what caused this but I thought I'd share the information, have to say it's devastating news - I really don't want to believe it frankly. www.boards.ie...

If true, that would put it in the initial search area.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by slippeddisc

Even in a powered, nose down vertical, dive...FL350 to FL0 would not be possible in 60 seconds.

I'm afraid that report is erroneous...much like most of the others surrounding this incident.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Recent Tweet

URGENT: Malaysia Airlines source tells CNN that the MH370 descended from "erratic" manner in the Indian Ocean after changing its course

Do we know yet WHY the U.S. officials have suspected it's in the Indian Ocean?

The new search zone #MH370 changes everything. But we still need to be told WHY they believe this to be relevant

BREAKING WSJ EXCLUSIVE: Last ping from #MH370 came "at least 5h" after vanishing; last one at cruising alt over water

@CBSNews reporting that communication instruments on board Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 were shut down sequentially.

Sr. U.S. official to CNN: “there is probably a significant likelihood” the plane is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean #MH370

edit on 13-3-2014 by markymint because: Added Tweets

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Finally some progress!

Well well well. The search continues:

Malaysia Airlines Expands Investigation To Include General Scope Of Space, Time

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have a theory. The plane was on autopilot cruising at an altitude of 30+k feet. The plane suffered a loss of cabin pressure. The pilot was unable to quickly secure his oxygen mask and it caused impairment of cognitive and motor skill resulting in the pilots' incapacitation. All on board lost consciousness, or possibly died of hypoxia. The plane is still on autopiot for 3-4 hours and could have possibly angled slightly off-course, finally crashing off the coast of Vietnam. The signal isn't strong enough to be recorded by any receiver at that depth.

Does anyone remember Payne Stewart?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Fidelios
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have a theory. The plane was on autopilot cruising at an altitude of 30+k feet. The plane suffered a loss of cabin pressure. The pilot was unable to quickly secure his oxygen mask and it caused impairment of cognitive and motor skill resulting in the pilots' incapacitation. All on board lost consciousness, or possibly died of hypoxia. The plane is still on autopiot for 3-4 hours and could have possibly angled slightly off-course, finally crashing off the coast of Vietnam. The signal isn't strong enough to be recorded by any receiver at that depth.

Does anyone remember Payne Stewart?

And what about the Co-Pilot? Same destiny? I don't think that is what happened

ETA: Don't forget the new 'Ping' Theory at the indian ocean
edit on 13-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
TomNod apparently now has 10 new satellite maps to search through, not sure of what location they are though?
www.tomnod.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anything out in the Indian Ocean the US has an "eyeball" on. Why am I not surprised to see these pictures so soon?

The wreckage of MAS370 will be found in the next 24 hours. I can almost guarantee it.

After that...the questions will REALLY begin!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

This is speculation only

Hijacked heading for Diego Garcia shot down by military , USA will find bits and pieces floating in the next 36 hours in Indian Ocean , the rest of plane will be in 4000m of water which will make in unrecoverable. ( easier to hide or delay ) someone is covering there behind.

edit on 14-3-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Seeing as how CNN is pushing the idea, quite intensely I might add, that the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, I have to wonder if this will go back to the Iranian fellows who stole passports to get on board. Since the Indian Ocean and that opposite direction would or could be on the course to Iran.

I have two big questions that I've been pondering all day.

1) Why would the "hijackers" turn the plane around if it was doomed to fall into the Indian Ocean, and if it did have the fuel to get to the Middle East or any surrounding locations, why crash it? On top of that, if it was being taken to another location (which it obviously was if it flew that length of distance with such persistence), what would the motive be of taking it elsewhere? Was there somebody on board of significance that we are unaware of? Or even an object rather.

2) If there were no hijackers on board, why would the pilots take it in the opposite direction for so long?

None of it really makes ANY sense. If there was a conspiracy, this is it, at least until the "facts" come out.

Also, how is it even possible that it took so long to retrieve such crucial pings of data?

edit on 3/14/14 by Kitora because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
lenta.ru... (sorry, in Russian)

Malasians deny the version that the lost plane could fly for a few hours after it dissapeared from the radar.
Also they say that the information about the signal earlier from american investigators actually came from Rolls Royce (who are getting information about the engines every half an hour)
Hishammuddin Hussein Minister of Defence and acting Minister of Transport said that people from Rolls Royce and Boening are in Kuala Lumpur taking part in the investigation and didn't give him such information.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join