It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Someone commented on another thread that past flights that crashed ended up having their callsigns retired. Once/If they find this plane, they will likely stop using MH370.

Also, this was reported by Reuters, though it may not have anything to do with the missing plane (especially since it went through a check 10 days prior), but it's something that's been being talked about on media sites.

Boeing Co on Wednesday said the missing 777 Malaysia Airlines jetliner was not subject to a new U.S. safety directive that ordered additional inspections for cracking and corrosion on certain 777 planes.

The Federal Aviation Administration last week ordered additional, repeated inspections of certain Boeing 777 aircraft, warning that corrosion and cracking could lead to rapid decompression and damage to the structure of the aircraft.

www.reuters.com...

Here is also a rundown from Guardian:

A Chinese government agency has published satellite pictures that show “three suspected floating objects” in the South China Sea. The images were published by the Chinese State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defence (SASTIND), and dated 11am on Sunday, March 9.

The images were published on Wednesday evening local time in Beijing, some 10 hours ago, but were not picked up by international media until the past few hours. China’s official news agency, Xinhua, says the objects measure 13m by 18m (43ft by 59ft), 14m by 19m and 24m by 22m. For context, the Boeing 777 is just under 64m long.

Publication of the images has raised the already-strained tensions between the Chinese and Malaysian authorities. Two thirds of the passengers on flight MH370 were from China, and the authorities in Beijing have made it clear that they have deep concerns about how the Malaysians have conducted the search. Malaysian civil aviation director general Abdul Rahman told CNN his agency had not seen the images as of 6am local time Thursday.

The Malaysian authorities leading the investigation into the missing plane have added to the confusion about its last known whereabouts. At a hostile press conference military officials said the last possible recording of flight MH370 was at 2.15am on Saturday morning 200 miles north west of Penang. The authorities had initially said air traffic control lost contact at 1.20am on the east side of the peninsula. On Tuesday the head of the armed forces was reported as saying it was picked up by military radar at 2.40am - a statement he has since denied making.

The search area has been expanded still further to two areas either side of the Malaysia peninsula. The total search area now covers 27,000 square nautical miles and involves 42 ships and 39 aircraft. The investigators said they were still not sure whether the aircraft changed course and were “baffled” by why no distress signal was sent. Malaysia military chief said raw data of the radar recordings would be released to the public once it had been corroborated.

Malaysia Airlines insisted that the missing Boeing was airworthy before taking off, but declined to reveal whether it had been inspected for a known potential problem with the fuselage. In November the Federal Aviation Administration warned airlines to look out for corrosion under the skin of the Boeing 777’s fuselage related to a satellite antenna. Boeing said in a statement that the antenna covered by the safety bulletin was not installed on MH370.

The last message from the cockpit of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight was routine. “All right, good night,” was the signoff transmitted to air traffic controllers five days ago. Then the Boeing 777 vanished.

Verification of the debris is currently in progress.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 12-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A note about the ringing phones as people are still assuming they need to be switched on to ring besides being mentioned earlier that they don't.

When you make a call from your mobile to another it goes through whichever carrier you are connected to, that carrier then tries to find the phone you are calling, if they are still trying to locate the phone after a few seconds they will send a ringing tone to your phone so you don't think nothing is happening and hang up, when they eventually find the last location of the phone and can't access it then it will either return a 'not available' message or go to VM but you will have heard the phone ring a few times.

To test this try phoning some friends on different carriers or on holiday abroad and ask them how many rings they heard, it will likely be 2 or 3 less than you heard.
edit on 12-3-2014 by quber because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Cydonia2012

andy1972
If the photos are from SUNDAY, why wait until now to release them..or have they only just noticed??

my thoughts exactly. Even if this was the wreckage, by now it probably drifted so far which makes these pics irrelevant. If they saw this sunday, why didn't they go check it out then?

They're literally combing through thousands of miles worth of satellite imagery by hand looking for small anomalies that fit the bill and you think it's strange that it would take them a few days? If anything its strange that they found them so quickly.

Also just because the images are taken on sunday doesn't mean they were processed on sunday. It's not like satellites update 24/7 of every area of the planet.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by quber

When my cell phone is turned off completely, the person calling it hears no ring whatsoever. It simply goes directly to voicemail. Why doesn't the caller hear a couple of the phantom rings you describe?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

If you pour over satellite images, you'll always find "things" floating in the ocean. That's what happens when the earth is populated by humans. For the sake of the families, I hope this doesn't end up being another wild-goose-chase. But, I do enjoy seeing CNN create hours and hours of discussions when so little is known. They seem to have a personal interest in this story for some reason.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

carewemust

If you pour over satellite images, you'll always find "things" floating in the ocean. That's what happens when the earth is populated by humans. For the sake of the families, I hope this doesn't end up being another wild-goose-chase. But, I do enjoy seeing CNN create hours and hours of discussions when so little is known. They seem to have a personal interest in this story for some reason.
-cwm

This is the first time there have been multiple major objects found, though. I believe the last big object was a cable spool that they believed was life raft.

China’s official news agency, Xinhua, says the objects measure 13m by 18m (43ft by 59ft), 14m by 19m and 24m by 22m. For context, the Boeing 777 is just under 64m long.

That makes me consider that they may have actually found something. If they did, you know they're going to bash Malaysia even more than they already have, since they switched the search to the complete other side of the peninsula instead of out into the sea it was last seen in.

As for CNN, I don't blame them for having hours of discussion on the topic, especially if no other station is doing that. News stations love exploiting this kind of stuff for viewership.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Could the Oz guys give an helping hand with their famous JORN? (not sure if it can reach or not China Sea)

BTW, and answering some theories before of a plan to use the same plane in a further complot/terror scheme/whatever, why the hell they would have all the trouble and risks of a modern airline like MAS, on a advanced asian hub airport like KUL, on a crowded pax plane, when it could be so 300% easier to grab an old african cargo boeing, or inner-CIS old antonov, filled it with whatever they(the bad guys) wish, and putting it flying towards the place they want...it just make doesnt any sense at all!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This may have been posted
Ufo talk now ,well that could mean anything really ,from giant cigar to drone??

[.....Authorities investigate unidentified flying object

Air force chief Rodzali Daud said authorities were investigating an unidentified flying object about 320 kilometres north-west of the Malaysian state of Penang at 2:15am on Saturday.

That is hundreds of kilometres to the west of the plane's planned flight path between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.

Authorities have said radar data records indicated the "possibility" that the plane may have attempted to "turn back" to Kuala Lumpur shortly before its disappearance, but have not revealed the specifics of the data.

"We are corroborating this. We are not saying this is MH370. It's an unidentified plot," General Rodzali said.]

edit on 12-3-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

UFO involvement is what I first suspected after it was reported that the plane's technology (some of it top secret) stopped communicating and it had vanished into thin air. A shoe-bomb, or small explosion onboard wouldn't have severed every communications conduit in an instant.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

carewemust
reply to post by 12voltz

UFO involvement is what I first suspected after it was reported that the plane's technology (some of it top secret) stopped communicating and it had vanished into thin air. A shoe-bomb, or small explosion onboard wouldn't have severed every communications conduit in an instant.

the Unidentified Flying Object in that story is the plane not some spaceship. They mean that they picked up an anomaly on a radar that might coincide with the theory of the plane trying to turn back for some reason.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Are you sure about that because the General isnt
"We are corroborating this. We are not saying this is MH370. It's an unidentified plot," General Rodzali said.]

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

12voltz

Are you sure about that because the General isnt

No but Occam's Razor sure is. We have a missing plane and an unidentified anomaly that would coincide almost perfectly with the plane trying to turn back due to electrical failure which would also explain the loss of the transponder.

I could say that it's aliens but it's not. There are plenty of logical explanations that don't require a complete leap of faith. It's only been a few days and these situations have happened before there's no reason what so ever to simply assume that because we don't have all the evidence we should start proclaiming that it was an abduction so that when we do get the answers it must obviously be a cover up for the spaceship.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

No one has mentioned 'aliens' in any of this ,only UFO which could be anything
unident
Personally i tend to think it lost all electrical power ,then landed on the water and sank from landing damage,very quickly but mostly intact. Losing power, well thats a long term trend with ufo encounters,from what i have read
edit on 12-3-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

kosmicjack
There is also this weirdness:

The 727 that Vanished from Angola in 2003

So, they never found that one either and there were ties to known terrorists.
edit on 3/11/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

This kind of backs up a thought I have been having regarding this mystery.

What if there was a suitcase nuke or some other kind of total devastation device already on the plane?
What if the CIA or Mossad or some other World Police/Team America type organization knew about this and were secretly observing the operation?

What if they knew that the plane would be hijacked and flown into a city somewhere for detonation?

What if they quietly shot down the plane and quickly cleaned up the evidence before anyone knew what was going on?

What if this was done to save the lives of thousands?

If on 9/11 we actually knew that the planes where heading towards the trade center, wouldn't shooting down the planes before they hit their target be the right thing to do?
Even if it meant killing the innocent passengers?
I think so.

Perhaps this is what happened and perhaps no agency is coming clean with this because they don't want their cover blown due to a deeper operation.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Apparently the new location is an old location

Vietnam has already searched the area where Chinese satellites showed objects that could be debris from a missing Malaysia Airlines jet but a plane has been sent to check the area again, Vietnamese military officials said.

Source: www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Logarock
For all we know at this point, the plane could have been drifting in and then out and back into a dimensional warp. It is said happened before.

Sure that's highly plausible. Why stop there though, why not the possibility it has been abducted by time travelling aliens from the future? Or maybe it has just been hidden from us by magical fairy dust?

At this point I no longer have any faith in humanity left..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

It was the Daleks!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Bitxushanty

It was the Daleks!

Sounds a lot more like The Faceless Ones... or even that awful, awful 5th doctor story with the concorde. Hey there you go, case solved - It's been sent back into prehistoric times!!

Well that's at least as plausible as 'dimensional phasing'..

I've noticed you can just bald faced assert something around here and then that becomes 'fact' for you and your small band of followers. So there goes. I am asserting the plane has been disappeared back into pre-historic times. I have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back this assertion up and, here at ATS where we all like to "Deny Ignorance", I don't need any. I can just assert that bollucks all over the forum..
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uWed, 12 Mar 2014 21:57:46 -05003-0500fCDT09 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I have an open mind and i consume of a lot sci-fi, but this one is very human nature. A lot of misinformation, a lot of conjectures, a lot of curious stakeholders. I bet on assassination, because of technology "traffic", our it was a test of some weapon our cloaking device, as other people suggested.

edit on 1751231xu4110pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Logarock
For all we know at this point, the plane could have been drifting in and then out and back into a dimensional warp. It is said happened before.

If we saturate the area with tachyon particles, by converting the particle beam defense arrays in Australia to emit tachyon particles, we might be able to detect this "tear" in our normal space and we can launch a probe inside with sensors modified for the phase shift and perhaps, find the missing airliner!

We could then launch an unmanned shuttle inside carrying transport pattern enhancers and transport the entire crew and passengers back to our normal space!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join