It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you being unfaithful to your spouse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm talking about right now, not in the past.

I never was unfaithful to my two x-wives, but I thought about it. If conditions had been perfect, I might have done it. So I don't want to judge you if you are currently being unfaithful to your significant other.

But if you are thinking about being unfaithful to your significant other, my advice to you is that the pleasure you might derive from it will not be worth the stain to your soul that is the result of your failure to be true to your pledge of love.

We can be led to this temptation, but I have doubt that this temptation is a product of fate or karma. I see it more as a trap.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I don't have a significant other, but this sounds unhealthy to me - I think it would be important to identify the reasons for wanting to cheat and then see if there is anything that could be done about them? Of course, fantasizing and doing are different - it does seem like a trap, yeah.

It seems like it would lead to a very hard time - and I don't like to pick up or learn bad habits, because they can be harder for me to get rid of then they are for me to pick up -
edit on 11amTue, 11 Mar 2014 00:55:15 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Nope. God could not tempt me. My husband is one of the greatest men I've ever known.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Never did, never would!

I am now single and would not ever consider um, 'a relationship', with a married women. I believe in one relationship at a time unless that relationship is on different foundations.

P

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I couldn't, wouldn't want it done to me. It's a messed up feeling when someone steps out on you.
Besides my guy is irreplaceable. ~

Agreed on Karma and the longer term damage done by doing so.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
never have .. and never will .. 3/4 of my 13 ex-wives did that to me .. maybe one day will find one that wont cheat on me ..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

droid56
I'm talking about right now, not in the past.

I never was unfaithful to my two x-wives, but I thought about it. If conditions had been perfect, I might have done it. So I don't want to judge you if you are currently being unfaithful to your significant other.

But if you are thinking about being unfaithful to your significant other, my advice to you is that the pleasure you might derive from it will not be worth the stain to your soul that is the result of your failure to be true to your pledge of love.

We can be led to this temptation, but I have doubt that this temptation is a product of fate or karma. I see it more as a trap.

The measure of a man is what he will do if he thinks he won't be found out!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Being an unfaithful husband to my wife is something that never crosses my mind, not even when I see an attractive women, beauty doesn't catch my eye as quick as my wife's does.

And because my wife has delivered me two beautiful boys, she has my heart and soul until my last breath.

I can't live without my women, I would become nothing, I would rather not be here then be without her.

Anyone who cheats on there partner need to ask themselves this one question:

Why are you with her, if your minds not?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I can say there maybe some temptation, but after 18 years and four young ones, I love my wife wholeheartedly. I'm allowed to look but no touchies. Dammit!

Regards Bally.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Personally, I could never do it. I am loyal to a fault.

I have a dear friend of mine going through hell right now because she stepped out in her marriage and got caught by her husband. She has basically ruined her life as well as her two children's and, of course, her husband's.

I feel horrible for her husband because I know how it feels to be cheated on by someone you love but, he has turned around and done the same thing to her. I don't necessarily blame him for his reactionary way of dealing with the betrayal but, it has only compounded the problems.

I don't foresee them working things out and it's just a sad, sad situation. My husband has been friends with this guy since they were little boys, our two boys play with their boys, we hang out together quite often and now the dynamics have changed and in just a little over 2 months.

It's not worth it....I personally feel that if you are that unhappy in a marriage, that you would cheat on your significant other, you should just end the marriage.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Is anyone really going to admit to this? LoL!

I mean - in the now, cheating NOW? Kind of risky.

Anyways, I stepped out on a couple of boyfriends as a teenager. I regret it and I'm ashamed of it. But, as an adult, particularly one who is married now, I would never. It's just selfish, destructive and dispicable.

I have ZERO respect for a married person who makes this choice and I feel they cannot be trusted with serious matters as they have no integrity.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I have ZERO respect for a married person who makes this choice and I feel they cannot be trusted with serious matters as they have no integrity.

That says a lot about quite a few presidents and other international leaders. As for myself I am not married and not in a position to make any meaningful contribution to this topic.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I am not married but i have been with my sexy hippy chick for 12 years
and i still love her as much as i always did

I have never cheated on any of my partners even when i was a teenager

so there is no way i would now i'm a slightly more mature forty something

If you'r partner no longer floats your boat and you have found someone new who does
then do the decent thing and finish one relationship before you start another

Cheating will inevitably lead to lies and deception
this is not only a disgusting way to treat someone you at some point loved
but will also plant a seed in your self which will grow and at some point bite you in the bum.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Nope and I wouldn't/have no desire to be unfaithful either. My fiance is actually pretty perfect for me. Even if I had the temptation, which I've not yet, I wouldn't be a fool and risking losing the one person who is exactly what I both want and need on this planet. It's kind of like Paul Newman's little quip about his fidelity with his wife--"why fool around with hamburger when you have steak at home?" Sums up my sentiments. Ya'll are hamburger to me but I hope that, someday, you're somebody's steak.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No. I can't say I've never found other men attractive. That would be a lie, but there's never been a serious risk or temptation to act on it. Eye candy is eye candy and that's just tiny compared to the total package my husband is. Any tiny excitement a fling might win me is going to be a poor trade compared to what I would lose - my best friend, my partner, the father of our son, and the love of my life.

top topics

join