It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the cellphones of missing Malaysian Airlines passengers still ringing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
per CNN China may have spotted MH370 on 3/9. Here is an image

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by andy1972

So after two or three days if the passengers of the plane still have ringing phones it means that they are charging the phones?
Because by then the phones should be dead or at least one.

Kidnapping people in a plane takes a skill called attention to detail, so forgetting to discard or "taking care" of the cell phone problem sounds kind of off for a kidnapping.

I guess it depends on the carrier of the phone? If you have a pay card or not?

That is the reasoning I heard on the radio this morning from a technology expert consultant. On the radio station 98.5 FM in quebec owned by Cogeco nouvelles.

Doesn't mean they're charging their phones..simply means their phone is discharged yet..my sony lasted for upto six days if i didn't use it to ring..

It doesn't say ALL of the phones ring.

If the plane IS hijacked and landed in some zone the phones could still be onboard and working but the owners miles away by now, that doesnt take skill or much attention.

Business men have no problem with credit on their phones....so thats not an issue.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

bbracken677

999zxcv
what if lightning hit it it has taken out planes before the super lightning i am talking about that they discovered a few years ago
edit on 11-3-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

Since the plane is not grounded there would be little but localized damage where the lightning hits. I have seen the evidence of lightening strikes on wings, noses and tails and there is normally just a small spot of melted aluminum. Super lightening eh?

i watched a programme a few years ago where they had found out that lightning starts further up in the atmosphere than they had thought possible and might be responsible for some planes getting taken down .

it basically said that no plane would have a defence against it

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

I have been in a plane struck by lightning, a cessna 172, a little radio static, thats what happened. Most commercial airliners are struck several times a year, they are fairly well protected, kinda like a flying Faraday cage .

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
per CNN China may have spotted MH370 on 3/9. Here is an image

Well they have to show something right? BS in my opinion..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Agreed, complete and utter BS, hopefully the truth comes out.

Family members were throwing water bottles at the spokespeople from Malaysian Airlines and shoutin that they are liars. The families deserve to know what the eff happened. What they are being put through is unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My phone can be completely dead and if you call it, it'll ring until voice mail picks up. (Still has a delay to voice mail even when off.) Could be something with how the phones are configured with the carriers over there. Doesn't necessarily mean signal is ringing the actual phone.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

They might be ringing but no one's answering so it really doesn't matter. It's just the eerie reality of the world we live in...

They still have service... The service will jump to voice mail...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Although passengers and crew may see a flash and hear a loud noise if lightning strikes their plane, nothing serious should happen because of the careful lightning protection engineered into the aircraft and its sensitive components. Initially, the lightning will attach to an extremity such as the nose or wing tip. The airplane then flies through the lightning flash, which reattaches itself to the fuselage at other locations while the airplane is in the electric "circuit" between the cloud regions of opposite polarity. The current will travel through the conductive exterior skin and structures of the aircraft and exit off some other extremity, such as the tail. Pilots occasionally report temporary flickering of lights or short-lived interference with instruments.

Since planes are not grounded, the likelihood of damage is much less. Think of yourself standing on a rubber mat and touching a single pole, live wire. Then picture yourself touching that same live wire while standing on the ground or even in a puddle of water.

Every plane (virtually) is struck by lightning at least once a year. The last plane crash attributed to lightning was back in 1967.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Could they perhaps be "locked" into their last known configuration before they went missing??

I know cell phones full can keep ringing becasuuse theres no room left for messages...so they keep ringing.

Im thinking even if the unit is under water...the last known configuration of being "on" can stay like that awhile.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Starsandstripes

Only a handful of governments that would hijack a plane and land it somewhere. Where's the nearest US military installation to where this Malaysian Airline took off?

And perhaps where's the nearest Chinese military installation?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Ask the NSA!

They know exactly where they are and what happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

AWAKS Military planes! Radar Jamming. This is your answer or clue to the answer,s you are looking for.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When all is said and done, it's impossible that the NSA does not possess useful data pertaining to this incident. But then again, they could also bust every drug or weapons dealer and every human trafficking ring and every other major criminal that leaves traces of their crimes on their worldwide spy network, but they haven't done that either. I'm not sure exactly what they are accomplishing other than intimidating regular non-criminal citizens.

They could garner a lot more support if they came forward with evidence showing how they have eliminated 99% of all human trafficking, sex slavery, child prostitution etc... but they can't very well bust their own bosses and best buddies. They probably would be more likely to use the technology to help to Prevent one of their buddies from getting busted by locating and intimidating or "disappearing" witnesses or planting false text messages or false images to discredit or imprison a witness or otherwise troublesome individual.

The NSA needs to be brought to the forefront of the discussion after ANY major event, imo... In almost any situation they will have crucial data.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Maybe this has been said before but did no one have an iphone on board. With track my iphone couldn't they track where the phone was This is all weird.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Also if the NSA can track phone calls and text messages there are over 200 people on that flight that can be tracked. Usually someone on every flight will try and sneak in a text or something. Someone knows something and isn't talking. They aren't talking because its scary......

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

HeIsLegendPB
Also if the NSA can track phone calls and text messages there are over 200 people on that flight that can be tracked. Usually someone on every flight will try and sneak in a text or something. Someone knows something and isn't talking. They aren't talking because its scary......

Unless the plane was hijacked and the hijackers depressurized the plane while the passengers were mostly all asleep, killing them all pretty quickly while the hijackers had oxygen and were prepared. Depressurizing the plane at high altitude would kill the passengers before they had time to access their phones, most of them probably not even waking up when depressurizing occurs.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
For everyone that keeps talking about tracking the phones...I AM SURE they have already thought about this! Common, this would be the first thought in anyone's head. Either they already did and they aren't telling us, or its a glitch. Some of the phones were still ringing even when they are off or destroyed because as others have mentioned, its not the phone but the system instead that will still let the caller hear a ring.
The only other possibility is that the plane landed safely, hijackers took the phones and put them all to the side and some still rang for a few days because they were still on (possibly in airplane mode). After a few days, the phones went completely dead which is why they are no longer ringing. Being that the phones were put to the side and not being used, the batteries wouldn't have died so quick. The phones battery would have lasted a few days even in airplane mode, but then would eventually die.
edit on 14-4-2014 by ConcreteAngel1 because: puncuation

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join