It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you fall in Love in a few days?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just wondering if you can fall in Love with someone in a few days.

I've been in Love once before in my life, and it took time, was gradual, before I finally told her I Loved her. Maybe 4-6 months or so.

But recently I met someone abroad, and we spent 3 intense days and nights locked in a room with each other, getting to know every inch of each other, facet, personality, hearts, meditating together....I mean to be honest I was pinching myself the whole time because of how surreal and magical it all was, as was she. I honestly thought a director would pop out at any minute and yell "CUT!!!!" to whatever scene was currently playing out between us, and the first few days, we would even forgot to eat anything at all.....

.....so in this sheer intensity between us, on the third day, she looks me deeply in my eyes, piercing into my soul, and says... "I Love You."

....and it hit me like a ton of bricks, so real, such a surprise to me. I paused and had to reach deep down within to scan my own heart. Took a few minutes in the pause, but it was there, subtle, but I found it, that I Love her back, and I told her so.

.....I mean it wasn't at a profound level where I was ready to tell her that, just a small flickering beginning of Love getting ready to erupt, but still "something" was there.

Anyway, since then I have wondered. Can you really fall in Love after a few days of being with someone?

edit on 10-3-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

Note **** One additional Caveat I forgot to add to this whole scenario. My sister has a friend who is psychic who has been "On" a good maybe 85-90% of the time. She told my sister I would meet my soul mate on this "trip abroad." I just completely scoffed and brushed it off as willy nilly leprachaun make-believe woo woo. Even during my time with this woman, I complete forgot about the "psychics claim" until coming home and my sister saying "I Told you so!!! She was right!!!!"

This added caveat certainly puts an interesting spin on things, and the time I spent with her certainly did have a soul-mate-ish feel to it.

Hope she doesn't find my ATS threads, he he he

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

dominicus
Anyway, since then I have wondered. Can you really fall in Love after a few days of being with someone?

Yes.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Sure why not... Might just be infatuation though...

But sometimes you just know

Congrats btw

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I doubt it. The few days scenario has more impulse than rational thought. With that said the leviathan hooks can go in very quickly haha

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sounds like you two found happiness, maybe love. I don't think there is a gestation period or expiration date for love, you know it when you feel it.

Congratulations!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think so. If you find someone who you really "click" with, the feeling can come very soon. Maybe she's your soulmate, who knows?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

I doubt it. The few days scenario has more impulse than rational thought. With that said the leviathan hooks can go in very quickly haha

well the thing is.....I've been around the block in the past and have had meaningless hook ups..... this was anything but.....

lots of movement in the heart where its kind of doing its own thing. We aren't even each others types, as I would never ever go for this type of woman, nor would she for me, but there was much synchronicity on a number of different levels that had the taste of fate bring us together even if we didn't want to....

I know what comes out of the heart, has nothing to do with impulse & rational thought, for if it was the latter, I would have never went for her

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Oh man I feel so sorry for you. Im heading back into rehab for just such magic. The devil is in the details, man.. they dont come out till after the 'homeynoon' period. And boy unless you hit the jackpot, as some do, that true love when it is snatched unfairly away from you hurts more than being cut open and bled dry..

My 2 cents of course.

Also we knew each other almost 30 years ago. Life has a way of reminding you why you dont deserve nice things.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Men fall deeper in love if they are sexually attracted to a woman.

Women fall deeper into sexual attraction if they love a man.

That's all you need to know about relationships.

edit on 10-3-2014 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I was compelled by your story to share this Friends Listen to Endless Love in the dark"

Seriously,
I knew after I met her parents and learned more about her not so pleasant past. I thought how much work it could be to be with her. But that thought lasted about 3 seconds. From then on Nothing past present or future would sway me from loving her.

We dated four years before we got married,we were young. But I would have married her after 3 months.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ohhhhh! That's so sweet; being in the stages of paranoia, of wich that You think everyone is a playact, inside of a Grande Play. Koodos to Yoo. Have Fun

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

And boy unless you hit the jackpot, as some do, that true love when it is snatched unfairly away from you hurts more than being cut open and bled dry..

yes, I've gone through a hellish loss/break up the first time around. Made an oath to never again risk love for the hurt that can come with it. And it brought me to a path of various realizations toward enlightenment and almost becoming a monk.....a brken heart led me to question self & reality...and find Self & reality

....but now "this" has happened. I still have time to back out, but then I would need to risk the investment of time with her, to see if she is a "jackpot", Or walk away never knowing what could have been....

....a real nail biter this one....especially the "psychic caveat" I added to the end of the OP

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

If you let her go you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Real compatible partners don't grow on trees.

You will find yourself comparing all future dates with her, and very few will measure up.

Play it out, see where it goes.

It's the only way you can be sure and avoid living a life of regret.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah I think you can. It's not going to be the same kind of deep love that's fostered over years of getting to know someone, but you can definitely have a very strong connection with someone and grow to love them in a short period of time.

My two longest relationships were kinda like that. About 3 years for the first, and I knew after seeing her at the most 5 times. Still talk to her regularly (still kinda in love sadface). The second was like 4 years (shoot maybe 5) and I knew within a few months that I loved her. Didn't end great, but I knew I loved her (still do) but we don't talk often anymore. These weren't just smitten kitten, this was love love.

At least I think it was love love. Ever remember being brokenhearted by a girl and insisting you were in love, only to have wiser/older people tell you that you don't even know what love is yet? They were right when I was young (before these two ladies)... I worry and in some ways hope I still haven't figured it out yet. If you're looking for an excuse to contact her I say do it! If you want I'll tell you a story about the happiest marriage I've ever seen that almost became long distance (exchange student). The couple is still married (40 years?) later and still obviously adore each other. May help that they're the sweetest people ever.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I was 28, living the life of a traveling man, sexual relationships with women in multiple states and two countries, and loving the freedom, when I met a girl. I knew within 5 minutes. We lived in separate countries, but not for long, I've not known another since, (nor wanted to), we've been married for 14 years, 2 kids, 2 countries, 5 states, never had a second guess, and it was the last thing in the world I was after. Again, 5 minutes and I knew my life had changed.
Our life wouldn't have lasted more than 18 months if it wasn't for the grace we found in our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I don't think so.

I think the 3 day thing might be infatuation or attraction/lust.
That is why many People say they were 'in' love with someone and then they fell 'out' of love.

love isn't infatuation, lust etc.

it is a tiny little thing that People expect to be bigger and they even use the word to describe other emotions. Bit like, when someone says they are depressed... depression is used to incorporate a wide spectrum of emotions.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's called falling in lust. It can masquerade as love however.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Of course you can.

Some love lasts a few minutes, some for days and some for more than a lifetime.

No way to know if you don't get on the train and leave the station, though.

Just remember that sometimes the ride is a short one, and sometimes it never ends.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I have fallen in love in seconds before now. Tis dangerous to do so, as the scars upon the skin of my id will attest, but possible, sometimes even unavoidable.

I wish you the best of luck in this Dominicus.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
All I can add is YES YOU CAN. In 2001 I meet my now wife, I like to say it was love at first "conversation" I was introduced to her by my then 16 year old son, who had just became fast friends with her 14 year old son. We have been together ever since. She and I were both single parents for a long time before we meet. The things we have in common are numerous. But we are as different as night & day. She is a college graduate, deans list, magna cum laude, ( spelled that wrong I suppose). I on the other hand barely finished high school. But we fit each other like gloves, custom fitted gloves!! She is the ying to my yang. She is the woman I will grow old and in the way with. I know it sounds corny, but she really is my soulmate ( I so hate that phrase). We have been married 11 years now, got married at the magistrates office at 4:45am. ( that's the best time as all the bail bondsmen are'nt there yet) LOL. As a side note we found out that day that the actor Charlton Heston was married in my home town, he was being sent over seas during the war and was in Greensboro N.C. at the OverSeas Replenishment Depot that used to be here. He wanted to marry before shipping out. As a side note, he remained married to the same woman for the remainder of his life.
edit on 11-3-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join