It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud tone heard as I fell asleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

I have to say that this notion crossed my mind. I was reading a lot about aliens and the such at the time. I was freaked out for a moment, but my sleep got the best of me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

That sounds exactly like what a person would experience when you experience exploding head syndrome. I like saying that.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I never knew that when you make a thread and enough posts have been made, when you switch from page two back to page one, you can add stars to those who you already stared.

Is this a bug?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

No, I just shook it off and went back to sleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

If you search for it, threads with exploding head syndrome already exists.

I didn't know about this till after I created the thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

All these tones/thumps you people are experiencing sound like what happens when the Pineal galnd (third eye) opens. This can happen at the onset of an out of body experience.
The bang you heard was you entering back into your body.

I was trying to find a link that I have in one of my threads to share with you that explains all this, but god only knows which one it's in. If I come across it, I'll share it later.

ETA: I found this video where David talks about the tones and bangs people hear when the pineal gland is activated:

edit on 3/11/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

sled735

All these tones/thumps you people are experiencing sound like what happens when the Pineal galnd (third eye) opens. This can happen at the onset of an out of body experience.
The bang you heard was you entering back into your body.

I was trying to find a link that I have in one of my threads to share with you that explains all this, but god only knows which one it's in. If I come across it, I'll share it later.

ETA: I found this video where David talks about the tones and bangs people hear when the pineal gland is activated:

edit on 3/11/2014 by sled735 because: add link

Now why did you have to go and make our nice mundane explanation into something paranormal.
It actually scares me to think these sounds could be related to an OBE -- but maybe that's because I'm not a very adventurous type.

In reading more about the exploding head syndrome, I've seen mention of bright flashing lights. This is another thing that happens to me all the time and is really, really, really annoying. It actually still happens now, even though I haven't heard the sounds in a long time. As I am trying to drift off to sleep, I see the brightest flashes of light. I mean, really really really bright - blinding. Even if the room is completely dark. I had no idea it was related to the loud bangs, or hearing my name, but apparently it is.

OP - have you ever experience visual disturbances like that? Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
This happens to me all the time. Does anyone know if it's common? A long time ago when it would happen to me, I would assume that maybe other people could hear it, too. I heard that depending on whether you hear it on your right or on your left, it makes a difference. OP, do you remember what side you heard it on? I know that I'm asking two different questions (to different people and audiences), but if I could get them both answered, that'd be great.

My neurologist asked me that question, right or left side. I'm almost certain I told him left, because I suddenly jerked my head to the right and it felt like I had a slight sprain on the left back side of my neck just behind my ear. I only remember the doctor kind of blowing it off like it's no big deal... He didn't explain what the significance of right or left sides would mean. I guess because of the 2 hemispheres of the brain control different things.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If you semi-concentrate, sometimes you can get that tone to shift to a different frequency, higher or lower. It takes a little practice, though, because you have to train yourself to hover just on the edge of falling asleep, which you may not even want to do.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

I was relating it to the Ra material. The Ra material says that the left side has a more sinister origin, whereas the right side has a, shall we say, better origin. It does have something to do with right and left brain lateralization.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Yes, I've seen the bright flashes of light too. I've read that these flashes are "signals" from "above" communicating with us, and they are also supposed to be upgrading our DNA when this happens.

There is a very interesting, and famous story about a woman who would communicate with a spaceship using the flashes of light they sent down while she stood on her porch.

ARRRRGGGG!!! My mind went totally blank... I can't remember her name, or the case. It was really good evidence about the flashes of light. Oh well, part of getting old, I suppose.

If I ever get my memory back, I'll post it when I have more time. Sigh... I hate it when that happens!

edit on 3/11/2014 by sled735 because: sigh

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Spirits tend to be around at that time due to the veil being lighter and over all psychic. Energy is up when most are at deep sleep (REM) which happens at that time. Also most people die I believe 3-5 A.M. I would guess either a spirit or it was self manifest if you were half in REM and half awake and had any nerves or anxiety it would be easy to have sound, sight or movement manifest around you frm you as a brief poltergeist activity but not as an poltergeist entity just something you manifested.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That was weird. Last night I sacked out in our basement around 4 A.M. and woke up about 5 A. M. to a sound like a hum. It wasn't the freezer or the furnace but sounded like a hum or almost a drone coming from outside or through the basement walls. I immediately thought " UFO" and thought maybe I should go up and look outside. It wasn't loud and I was thinking if it had any effect on me. It kind of fell into the white noise spectrum, odd in that I didn't know what it was or where it was coimng from, but relaxing in its own way. I fell asleep to it and woke up an hour and a half later in time to take the trash out which is kind of why I was down there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Char-Lee

bitsforbytes
I just found out that this is what probably happened.

Exploding head syndrome. Sounds worse than it really is.

Well this is interesting as i saw on a thread about out of body experiences people mentioned such a sound.

These loud noises are a common feature of out-of-body experiences. In surveys, as many as 85% of respondents indicate perception of them during the onset of such experiences.[5][6

Not this high pitched though I think. At least not for me.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
I just found out that this is what probably happened.

Exploding head syndrome. Sounds worse than it really is.

OMG...this is what I suffer from!! I never knew that there was actually a medical term for it....other than crazy.

This has happened to me off an on since I was a twenty- something. When I was younger, it was always voices that I heard. For the last several months though, this occurs on a daily basis. It is usually a loud bang. When it first started happening, I thought someone was trying to break into my apartment. Sometimes it is loud voices. It always happens when I am drifting off to sleep. I wish it would stop because the loud banging ones usually scare me awake.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Circumstance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Circumstance

Glad you learned something new!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I don't recall at the moment having specifically have this happen to me. I had premonitions dreams where something happens to someone in my family and months later have come true. It was more a nightmare.

Sleep is so good and mysterious at the same time. When I was a child, I would try and catch myself falling asleep, I would try to pin point when I was going to sleep. hehe. The things children do. I was never able for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was under the impression this was fairly common? Just about every person I know has heard explosions,banging, their name called, etc while on the cusp of sleep. I have it happen fairly regularly myself, to the point where I sometimes ignore the explosions I hear because I know they're not real

Hearing my name spoken/called, however, will get me out of bed in a flash every time. "Nyiah!" < insert me stumbling & stomping out of the bedroom > "WHAT? I'm trying to sleep, what? Spit it out." "Huh?? Nobody called you..."

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

i have the same try squeezing your pineal gland
edit on 16-3-2014 by Denoli because: misspell

<< 1   >>

join