It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 is under 25; even senior Homelessness soaring; 200% increase in Homeless last year!*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Very true that, Iam off poorly at the moment (man flu lol) and I can only go back after 3 days of being clear so I will be a weeks pay down next month
and I will have to get into more debt just to help pay the bills

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Qumulys
The homeless are not the problem, they are the symptom..

Capitalism is the cause.

Unless you were born in the 1950's/1960's or earlier, you've probably never seen capitalism. Right now we have authoritarianism that is a blend of fascism, communism and complete criminality.

This disaster is only still floating because of constant and massive propaganda -- not just to the US, but to the world. How else could the "west" get by overthrowing governments, slaughtering their people and stealing their assets?

That's about as black-and-white as it gets.

edit on 11-3-2014 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Diisenchanted
Actually it is the progressive establishment that is the problem.

The only thing progressive about this parasitic establishment is the ever-faster rate they are gobbling up the resources.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

What do you want?? This is 0bama's America.

Can't wait till the Govt controls even more of our lives.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

That's crazy! But you won't hear it on the mainstream TV news while a Democrat is in office. They don't report on troop deaths, homelessness or report any negative unemployment info. As soon as a Republican is back in the White House they will be back to reporting the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Only Problem I have with the homeless is this. At 14 years old I left my house and willingly became "homeless" ( Being a rebel teen) but that and living in the High Desert drastically increased my chances of failure. I made a lot of mistakes, and learned to survive. Not one time did I sit around and wait for anything to happen to me. I have had numerous job offers through-out the years, I am currently working my arse off now. 90% of the time in my opinion, there isn't an excuse to sit around and beg for money. Thats just lazy. How bout they actually get out and look for a job.If could do it Anyone can. And yes I suffered addiction. Which I overcame as well. ATS has helped me a few times, not going to lie. And now my life is on the right track. So many homeless are just lazy. and use the numbers and percentages as a huge excuse to not do anything. just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

Well you are right, I was probably being way too kind calling it capitalism. What I was getting at is that the sense of community died when the age of capitalism began. An age of fiscal rape, where selfish greed is a-ok and to hell with consequences.
There was a time when a town would only survive if they all pitched in to build water well, or plant the summer's crops together. I guess I long for those days. Sure, if the crop's died the whole town died. But there is a kind of simple life beauty in that, at least it was as a community.

Now regular schmucks become fiscal lords and kings with a revolting amount of money and zero conscience. Sure, some of the homeless are lazy, but they probably grew up with parents unable to get work, and even when working probably could afford no better that scummy living conditions anyway which only made more bills.

A dead end job (honest work that some people enjoy) should at least give a comfortable roof over ones head, a chance to pay bills and a little left over to save.
That's sadly not going to happen when the scales are wickedly askew with a kilo of gold on one side and the opportunities of a feather on the other.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's not much we can do about the homeless when we are all just one step away from it ourselves. Until things change and people are given the opportunity to prosper without government getting in our way every step of the way ... this is only going to get worse, not better.

I'm not sure how we can be expected to do much to help others when we can barely help ourselves.

And as for the empty houses ... just giving empty houses to homeless people has been tried. If they don't have the means to maintain the property, it is just an empty shell with no power, no water, no gas and a person squatting inside it. That's not a sanitary or safe condition for either the person or the property.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I like how this OP starts. Obviously homeless people are like stray dogs and should be put down. Unbelievable considering most people are a paycheck away from being in the same situation. All you filth that look down on the homeless need a reality check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join