It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Picks up Dog Poop With American Flag!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people LOOK for things to get upset about.

You must live a charmed life if this sort of thing counts as something worth getting worked up over.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

It's a simple matter of respect. You never do anything with a flag besides display it in it's correct manner.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Probably cheaper to use the flag and buy another than pay the poop fine...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

BostonFlynn

It's a simple matter of respect. You never do anything with a flag besides display it in it's correct manner.

As far as history goes, using flags as a manner of National Identity is a relatively new phenomenon. So much so that is has become fodder for comedians.

At the end of the day, it is a meaningless cloth. The meaning comes from the people who project their feelings upon that banner. In many parts of the world, the concept of getting upset over the treatment of a flag would be seen as curious. Given that it is legal to burn an American flag out of disrespect (or respect, in the manner of the ritual to properly retire a flag), that pretty much means that the flag only has meaning if someone prescribes to that interpretation.

The military of the world have a longer and more ritualized respect for flags and their symbolic meanings. I do not think it is a coincidence that American citizens would closely align their feelings about the flag along similar lines to the military.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

In a word YES! I, and many of my family, served proudly under the flag and we would not stand by and see it disgraced.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Then you are also going against what your family has fought for...freedom of expression and freedom to protest.
You have to take the good and the bad with freedom...you may not like it but it is their right to do it.
It isn't your right to attack them physically that would be against what people have fought for.

At the end of the day I could wipe my arse on Star and stripes bog roll and that would be my right and no one has the right to stop me physically, sure you can protest and express why you don't like it...thats how it works.
edit on 12-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Isn't this what your government has been doing for decades?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Also some of you are treating the flag like the Koran.

Legal to burn the flag If you wish...people have fought and died to give you that right.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

CT_Flyboy
reply to post by boymonkey74

In a word YES! I, and many of my family, served proudly under the flag and we would not stand by and see it disgraced.

Rather than getting upset over symbolic acts, why not do something about the state of the nation itself. Do something about Congress and Senate, get involved in primaries for President.

Getting worked up over the treatment of a flag means giving other people the power over you to act.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by smithjustinb

Get on with what?

I rest my case this is exactly what is the problem with America today.
edit on 11-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Poor leadership and lack of patriotism is the problem with america. You rest your case? You havent even presented one. Get on with what? Im not going to try to interpret your vague comment. Elaborate.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjutinb

Did you honestly and in all seriousness just say that lack of patriotism was the problem with America???
I've literally heard it all now.
edit on 12-3-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Lol. Who gives a crap? Americans care more about what people do with their flag than what they do with their country. Look around people. Your flag won't be good for anything else soon enough if you don't stand up for yourselves and address the rampant corruption and evil going on in your political midst.

And that applies to most other countries in the world too, including mine. I'm not picking on America. We all need to pick our act up!

It's just a piece of cloth with a symbol on it. What does the symbol mean? Blind patriotism, or justified pride in one's nation? Because if you guys are proud of your nation in these modern times, then you are truly sick in the head.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
People here seem to be more worked up by a couple of teenagers using a US flag to pick up dog doo than they are about the crimes and murdering their country does. Speaks volumes about 'Murikens.

Never mind that it's protected free speech. Turns out a lot of 'Murikens hate their Constitution except for the parts about guns and religion. What a load.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Poor leadership and lack of patriotism is the problem with america. You rest your case? You havent even presented one. Get on with what? Im not going to try to interpret your vague comment. Elaborate.

ill elaborate then. Your a lazy dude want every thing given to you without having earned it...the typical liberal american. You did ask for elaboration so don't blame me if you didn't like what you heard.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Just to prove it wasn't me

Here is my leg...completely different to the person in vid.

Hehehhee

So you are not a monkey?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

BostonFlynn

Imagine if every US flag were disposed of properly.

I must assume that all these "ooh rah" lunatics are walking around picking up little flags that fall off of cars, flags that are left on the street after parades and any other discarded or forgotten flag no matter how small or how Chinese and fold it and burn it with honors.

Otherwise your not respecting it, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Are you complaining he cleaned up his dogs poop? Who cares if it was with an American flag, people burn those in the middle east every day, at least he was being respectful of his neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

In light of the responses, he,

Must be an ATS member.
edit on 103131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I thought it was a bit lame in funny sort of way and well within their right to do so. I will however protest vehemently if boymonkey74 exposes any more of himself.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's not like the American flag stands for anything other than a criminally corrupt government.

It isnt something to be proud of, so having that flag relegated to poop scoop or a JO rag seems appropriate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join