It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Picks up Dog Poop With American Flag!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The administration, the senate does this daily.

Why not get upset about that?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm not one to get choked up by flags and other symbol of "freedom." But what is the point of this? I mean really? It accomplishes nothing. And it just comes off as disrespectful.

Putting feces onto an American flag won't smite the U.S. government one bit. Which is probably the whole reason why they did it. It won't change their minds and make them be less "oppressive." Not to mention if they bought that flag, tax money from it will just benefit the government even more.

I'm not impressed by the act of defiance. Pretty childish to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Lingweenie
I'm not one to get choked up by flags and other symbol of "freedom." But what is the point of this? I mean really? It accomplishes nothing. And it just comes off as disrespectful.

Putting feces onto an American flag won't smite the U.S. government one bit. Which is probably the whole reason why they did it. It won't change their minds and make them be less "oppressive." Not to mention if they bought that flag, tax money from it will just benefit the government even more.

I'm not impressed by the act of defiance. Pretty childish to me.

I have to agree. It's more about "lookit me!" than actually doing anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Take the tone of the action to understand the motives of the participant. Picking up dog poop with an american flag while giggling and hiding your face sends a clear message - "I'm a troll". He's obviously trying to incite hostility. A juvenile thinker who doesn't understand the gravity of his actions.

As far as flag burning goes, I recently participated in some flag burning. It was one of the most reverent ceremonies I've ever participated in. Boy Scouts have a long standing tradition of flag retirement. The ceremony is detailed here: www.ushistory.org... (each troop has their own variation, but all are very respectful of the flag). The ceremony I participated in retired 20 flags. My part was safety, although we weren't utilized.

The ceremony was attended by the Mayor of our town, parents and family of the scouts, and veterans of the community. Every scout who participates in the ceremony understands why it is done, and the responsibility they take when they agree to participate.

It's sometimes entirely appropriate and respectable to burn an american flag. I would go so far as to say that I have a measure of respect for those who burn it in protest. Picking up dog poop with a flag is an action that deserves a little condemnation and not one more word.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The nerve of this guy! You're supposed to put it on someone's doorstep then light it on fire once you've done that...

# your flag. # your country. We all live on earth, get used to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wrong!

edit on 11-3-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The American people need their own flag because our sad-assed government's actions has nothing to do with the majority of real Americans. Make a flag and wipe your ass with the government's flag and mail it to our congress, senate and president. Let them know that they no longer represent us...the people of this country.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Most Americans don't use proper flag etiquette. I have seen flag used on cars. You know, those window flags flapping in the wind. Flags used as table clothes, flag napkins, hanging flag decorations at events, some political events. Just a few of the ways it is improperly displayed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes he has the right to look like a complete jackass.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Boo-frkin-hoo. Stop wasting energy on blowing things up.

If you wanna be a muslim about it and act as if the flag is your Kuran go ahead, but youre making a fool out of yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Actually I see nothing wrong with this, as picking up Dog litter is also a patriotic duty

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If a flag is used to pick up dog # because:

a) there is nothing else to use and/or
b) they find flags to be nothing more than a colorful useful cloth

Then sure. No harm, no foul.

However, if you KNOW it bothers people to pick up dog # with a flag of ANY country, and you yourself have a deep respect for such things, not cool...not cool at all.

Clearly the video is meant to piss people off. And like all protest, is TOTALLY pointless. Why do stupid stuff like this and create division? I guess you would if you wanted to start # and have enemies...but again, that is stupid. Why not start thinking up ideas on how to make things better? Or how about actually DOING something productive? Change will not come about without hard work.

I'm on the side of the fence which uses whatever is available to pick up doggy treats.

I see nationalism (tribalism) as pretty much one of the main things holding humanity back. That and monetary economics.

Good luck telling that to most of the planet... )(facepalm

Oh well. To each their own.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"My Daddy died for that flag!"
"Oh that's odd...I bought mine."
"My Daddy died in Korea for that flag!"
"Oh, thats funny. Mine says 'Made in Korea'".
--Bill Hicks

You can do whatever tickles you pink with a piece of cloth. And don't tell me its about what the flag represents. The flag represents your right to burn, mop up with, or otherwise deface, the damned flag.

What a senseless uproar amongst some of the posters here.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I don't care if he has flag colored toilet paper! We need to show respect to each other
and not some inanimate object that has no soul! Stuff like this really gets me!
There are people that show more respect to a piece of cloth then a human being!
Time to Grow up America!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If Americans cant be patriotic and support their country, who will?

Keep showing how much you dislike your country, and one day, you just might lose it. Then you can do what you are told as in other forms of government. Stop taking for granted what you have before you lose it all and wish you had it back.

We dont need Americans that hate America, we need Americans that can understand the ideals that America was founded on and fight to maintain them.

Any American who shows this kind of demonstration is making him/herself out to be the victim. America is the greatest country in the world. Its just been under poor leadership. It needs reformed and restored. But it needs to be reformed in a way that will strengthen the ideals that it was founded on. This will take patriotism, not anti-patriotism. It requires someone who believes in America enough to care to make a difference. Not someone who doesn't believe in America. That person will continue to play the victim role.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

America is the greatest country in the world.

And the most spoilt so stop whining about every little trivial thing and get on with it like your forefathers did.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

America is the greatest country in the world.

And the most spoilt so stop whining about every little trivial thing and get on with it like your forefathers did.

Get on with what?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Get on with what?

I rest my case this is exactly what is the problem with America today.
edit on 11-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The dog poop, American flag and the "offender" are all made from elements created by God. Human egos in action, as demonstrated in this thread, are interesting to observe...to say the least.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

If he owns the flag. He has every right to use the fabric for whatever purpose he chooses. If the man used a tighty whitey no one would think twice. Yet he uses a flag and other people become offended. That is childish. A flag is nothing more than fabric embroidered with a design. That is all.

Sure, there are many people that hold a flag to be symbolically important. In any case that does not give those folks the right to berate or chastise this man who used a flag as a poop scooper. In the USA at least 1st amendment protections allow the man to use it as a defecating blanket.

Myself I find no offense in this. Personally I believe flag worship or reverence to be an ancient set of beliefs irrelevant in the modern 21st century. A flag is nothing more than a piece of constructed fabric after all. Nationalism in the modern day should consider flag reverence one of the least important aspects of its ideology. True, symbols have been used throughout history to rally peoples to a common cause. In our modern world flags are irrelevant in that respect. There are many other avenues available for groups of like minded people to use as a symbol to gather support.

So to make it short. Let the man pick up all the crap(literally) he wants to with a flag. If it were me I would rather use a flag instead of using an expensive piece of clothing if those were the only choices I had available.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join