It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ektar
I know for sure that you can buy OTC Metronidazole at the fish store
& it is the same stuff we use in animals as well as ourselves & is safe due to having to be
approved in the first place.

Cheers
Ektar

Flagyl 400mg 100 tablets $37
Amoxicillin 500mg 500 tablets $66
Doxycycline 100mg 250 tablets $52

All sealed USP pharma people medicine and within expiration date, no script, and free shipping. You do have to wait about 10 days so you need to buy early.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I am going to say antibiotics and pain meds!
The truth is Antibiotics can be made but I doubt many
people really know how! I am going to guess that
antibiotics could be something many people will die
without, as this would be the most widespread needed
drug! I'm sure that any drug can become extremely valuable
if you can find someone desperate enough for it! There is
one minus to possessing such a valuable commodity is what
people would be willing to do once the word is spread that
you have it!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While stocking up on most of the essentials...the other idea is to go old school and ensure I'm growing the medicinal plants needed, and know how to prepare essential medications from them. Amazing some of the things you can grow that make good medicine.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The best thing to have when the SHTF is knowledge. A basic knowledge of plants and herbs and what they will help heal is very valuable. The most basic plants have certain properties that can save a life. Like pine needles are full of vitamin c and honeysuckle flowers are an antibiotic.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lets get to the point. Putting aside how you get the meds, lets look at what would be useful.

Chances are you will probably be eating/drinking from less yhan reputable sources. D&V will be a real issue. It can completely debilitate and drain a usually fit adult in short order. Therefore an antiemetic plus something to bung you up will be useful, eg loperamide and stemitil.

Hygiene will be difficult so even minor wounds will become infected easoly. Couple tjis with reduced nutritional intake an infections become potentially life threatening. Broad spectrum antibiotics are a must, as is some kind of antiseptic such as betadine.

Analgesia is a must. Basics such as paracetamol and ibuprofen also serve as anyipyretics should a fever occur. NSAIDS such as ibuprofen/diclofenic will help reduce swelling in minor soft tissue injuries as well as reducing pain.

Antihistamines are very useful. Chlorphemamine is good but causes drowsiness. Loratadine is a better choice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join