It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sounds!! The Sounds!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Emerys

minusinfinity
reply to post by gortex

So you're saying you're open to any theory as long as it doesn't involve extra terrestrials?

I am open to any theory.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

Here is a theory someone is taking the PI** (extracting the urine) youtube the solution for the gullible!!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It just bothers me how in every video there are those bright clouds that look like V . Like a spike pointed down.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

draknoir2
However, I myself have been awoken by strange nocturnal sounds. My usual first impression is that it is a train, but it does not pass. Just a static drone.

Found a youtube video from my area with the sound. I believe this one is genuine because it sounds almost exactly like what I'm hearing at night.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Doesn't that sound like a description of an airplane flying over. It gets louder than fades into the distance. Of course no planes in 1890 . Time warp? Just kidding.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We have had many threads re these noises but as shown before they sound like the Reaper Horn from the Mass Effect game.

Go to 2:15 on this video

I think it's people messing about with that sound making a video and posting on you tube and having a laugh at the results!!!

I posted this on a previous thread

wmd_2008
I dowloaded the sound from one of the you tube videos the wave file looked like this.

That image is from a sound on a youtube video compared to the sound wave shown on the video re the game.
edit on 11-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

wmd_2008
We have had many threads re these noises but as shown before they sound like the Reaper Horn from the Mass Effect game

I think it's people messing about with that sound making a video and posting on you tube and having a laugh at the results!!!

That image is from a sound on a youtube video compared to the sound wave shown on the video re the game.

Not a videogamer, so I wouldn't know. Neither that nor the waterphone thing sound like what I've heard, which most definitely is a real sound. I'm sure there has been a lot of hoaxing ever since the reports of "skyquakes" made it to the mainstream, but I'm also sure that there are actual sounds being reported as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I am at work currently, but I will check this vid out as soon as I get home this evening and check it out. Thanks for the information.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It certainly sounds less melodic in nature than some others I have heard. Not something I'm particularly interested in hearing 1st hand.

draknoir2

draknoir2
However, I myself have been awoken by strange nocturnal sounds. My usual first impression is that it is a train, but it does not pass. Just a static drone.

Found a youtube video from my area with the sound. I believe this one is genuine because it sounds almost exactly like what I'm hearing at night.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Just heard it again... twice in the night/early AM. I never have a decent recording device handy [and I'm usually groggy]. I'm going to have to set something up by the bed when it's warm enough to sleep with the windows open. It was loud enough to hear with them closed this time, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
I really do think all these videos are fake.

Just sounds like a waterphone to me

edit on 10-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Makes me wonder if its possible a similar process (for lack of a better word) happens on a large atmospheric scale to make these sounds. maybe intense pressure changes... im no scientist tho

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

In The Key Strieber was told that warming at sea level results in "cooling aloft". The idea was that these cold layers in the upper atmosphere would spill down and freeze everything. This is the idea behind the film The Day After Tomorrow. And I'm wondering if the severe cold snaps in America recently are indicative of this mechanism.

Scientists apparently have figured it out; layers of cold/warm air form a boundary that reflect sound and the distant sounds of a factory or industrial plant, hundreds of miles away, are heard as eerie sounds.

But the thing is, these sounds are only being heard relatively recently, so what has changed in the atmosphere to make this happen?

Is this atmospheric change linked to the strange sounds?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join