It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Science U is Online!! Do you like to learn more about String Theory and Quantum Mechanic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just as title said - do you like to learn? World Science U is great start for both, someone who just like to learn basics or someone who really likes to learn all details. Please see this promotional video:

Philosophy

World Science U believes that digital education should be more than a new delivery vehicle for traditional instruction. Our initial offerings, taught by Brian Greene, Professor of Physics and Mathematics at Columbia University, are a step in that direction. In the coming months, we will announce additional instructors and courses.

Science Unplugged

Science Unplugged provides hundreds of short video answers to a wide range of questions from “What is a Higgs Particle?” to “What happens to time near a black hole?”

Short Courses

Short Courses, aimed at a broad spectrum of lifelong learners, typically require two or three weeks to complete, and have no homework or exams. They provide non-technical explorations, which go beyond traditional science popularizations.

University Courses

University Courses are university-level offerings that typically require eight to ten weeks to complete. Students work at their own pace, and will earn World Science U certification upon successful course completion.

World Science U
edit on 10-3-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Nice! I hope there are lots of competitors as well, we need to escape from institutionalized education.

edit on 10-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

That is pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am glad you guys like it.

I was using Udacity for couple of years. It is great way to continue growing and learning, but World Science U is special as it specialized around String Theory and Quantum Mechanics. Thanks to many misunderstanding and misuse of quantum theory by Chopra, I got interest to learn more about it.

new topics

top topics

join