It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Says Fluoridated Water is Causing Cognitive Disorders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

So....the care and keeping of the public health depends on what the price tag is then.
Cost vs. benefit, yes. Flouride treated water is cost effective.

Industrial waist is cheap to purchase and saves the industry that produces it a sizable chunk of change in disposal cost. Seems rational.

Are you talking about hydrofluorosilicic acid? That's one form that's used. It isn't a waste product and it isn't disposed of. It's useful stuff. It's intentionally formulated and sold, mostly for use in the refining of aluminum but other things as well, besides fluoridating water.

edit on 6/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you've got me confused with someone else...i never said what you quoted..

as to the rest...i think it should be an individual decision....it makes no sense to ADD something to the water, and make everyone have it, when it's easier, and cheaper, to simply let those who want it, go get it themselves...

i personally don't believe it's in any way, beneficial...but that's where we hafta agree to disagree...

in any event, i hope you get your replies sorted, get back to me..

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
You're correct. I apologize. That's the second time I've done that tonight. I'm hungry. Must be low blood sugar. yah, that's it.

This is the post I incorrectly attributed to you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/4/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You're correct. I apologize. That's the second time I've done that tonight. I'm hungry. Must be low blood sugar. yah, that's it.

no worries....

This is the post I incorrectly attributed to you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i know...

go eat something.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: RickyD
Alcohol is a poison
www.medicaldaily.com...

Way to dodge...its obvious to everyone how you pick and choose the people you'll debate with. Perhaps it's because someones ego won't let them admit when they're wrong but in any case we all know your wrong when it comes to your opinions on fluoride. Just admit it already...fluoride is harmful when ingested and putting it in our water supply is a bad idea.
edit on 4-6-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

now, now, ricky....opinion is opinion, it's never fact, and an opinion can never be wrong. it can be wrong-minded, ignorant, or just plain stupid, but by it's very nature, it can't ever actually be wrong.

that being said...

if someone is asserting that their opinion is fact....now they've crossed the line, with their views, from opinion to assertion. at that point, the burden of proof is completely on them, to prove that their assertion is factual.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You are so right...my bad Phage...this is America and we are free to make up whatever opinion we want and try our best to convince others it's the right one. I on the other hand would prefer to use facts to base my opinion on and those facts say fluoride is toxic and therefore I can surmise its bad to ingest in any manner. Beer too is a toxin however if we wanna talk of things used in moderation not harming you well beer is way higher on that list than fluoride. This has been my point since the thread began.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

and i'm agreeing with you.

and i hope you're not implying that i'm phage....

anyway, i could be of the opinion that unicorns, faeries, and leprechauns are real....obviously, they're not, but i could hold that opinion. when i assert that they absolutely ARE real, that's when i've moved the notion from opinion/belief, to assertion/fact..

i don't personally believe we should be ingesting fluoride, but that's me....i certainly wouldn't elect to do it, had i the choice. my thing is that it SHOULD be a choice...forced dosing is wrong.....don't fluoridate the water. if someone thinks they need the fluoride, let THEM buy it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Agreed…and for the record no I don't think your phage…you're your own special person lol. I do agree with the choice thing. I think it should be down to the individual to buy their own. Hell there could be a whole new line of products to build and sell…the home water fluoridator. It'd be like one of those in line water filters but in reverse…it poisons your water instead of cleaning it.

ETA: now I see why you thought I thought you were phage…had to reread a few times for it to click. I often write what I'm narrating in my head. Well in my head we have face to face conversations not online ones except most faces are based on avatar so it's quite funny lol. so when I said that in my head phage was in the other room and I was talking loud so he would know

edit on 4-6-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

ahh, i understand.....

you're an odd one..

sorry, but the idea of having a face-to-face convo with a "shillish" version of John Lithgow, is none too appealing, lol

at any rate, there's already fluoride products....there's purposely fluoridated water, and fluoride pills, and all kinds of other "wonderful" products....i don't see the point in using our tax dollars to give us something we don't want.....shouldn't they be using that tax money to fix the roads, or train the cops to not kill kids holding wii-motes, and not tase black guys in the nuts til they puke?

there are plenty of other productive uses for the tax revenue...they should stop sticking their noses in our business...
edit on 6-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join