It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Says Fluoridated Water is Causing Cognitive Disorders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can't lie I do enjoy poking at you in a fun polite educational way but since that is your belief can you maybe grace the rest of us with the links to that research you mentioned?

ETA: Also I forgot to ask why don't you ingest fluoridated water?
edit on 10-3-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

can you maybe grace the rest of us with the links to that research you mentioned?

You can dig around through these:
www.google.com...

Also I forgot to ask why don't you ingest fluoridated water?
I didn't say that. I said my water is not fluoridated. Probably some of the bottled water I drink on occasion is fluoridated, don't really care if it is or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you're afraid of fluoride, might want to skip out on tea. It's full of both aluminum and fluorine.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't get it why are you dancing the obvious point. If you drink water the only way to have unfluoridated water is to either distill it drink distilled or install/use a triple osmosis filter. That is unless I'm late on my tech these days…which I welcome new knowledge anytime. So why then do you say most of the water you use isn't fluoridated. I guess in hind sight you could have a well. If that is the case and you don't have to seek out "clean" water I will ask flat out would you drink city water. If not then why?

ETA: I see by your link you have posted quite a bit on this, but for the sake of not having to dig through pages of posts to find links and such can you just post maybe your top 5 sources? Also I have never debated anything with you and seldom stick around for a debate but I feel confident that poison is bad to ingest so I will stick it out in this one.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yes our food and beverages are laced with many toxins, usually in very low levels so it is deemed safe.

Personally, I try my best to research which products contains fluoride, heavy metals and any other toxins and try to avoid them as difficult as it may be. I am a huge fan of seafood so I am exposed to mercury and most likely radioactive isotopes which have been deemed "safe" to consume. My seafood intake has drastically been reduced because every bite I take all I can think of is the crap that might be in it...I rather be safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

RickyD
If you drink water the only way to have unfluoridated water is to either distill it drink distilled or install/use a triple osmosis filter. That is unless I'm late on my tech these days…which I welcome new knowledge anytime. So why then do you say most of the water you use isn't fluoridated. I guess in hind sight you could have a well.

Yup. My well at home is about the next thing to distilled water. You get tiny traces of iron, copper and silicon. That's all that registers. No insecticides, no fluoride. And unfortunately, no carbonates, I'm going to have to put in a neutralizer this year.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Bedlam

Yes our food and beverages are laced with many toxins, usually in very low levels so it is deemed safe.

Unfortunately, black tea can have so much fluoride in it it's a health issue - up to 9mg per liter.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

If that is the case and you don't have to seek out "clean" water I will ask flat out would you drink city water. If not then why?
I do drink city water. There is no natural or artificial fluoridation in my municipal water supply. My tap water contains no fluoride (well, not at detectable levels anyway). If you're unsure about your location you can check here:
apps.nccd.cdc.gov...

When I am in areas outside of municipality, I have no aversion to drinking tap water. Fluoride toxicity is not a worry of mine.

edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If i am not mistaken there are study's that have been done that show the ingestion of fluoride is actually bad for your teeth, the reason if i am not mistaken is because fluoride is a dangerous poison and any long term ingestion of poison is going to have adverse affects on the human body. The application of fluoride onto the teeth has been shown to be somewhat beneficial, look on the back of any fluoridated toothpaste and the warning should read along the lines of

'' for children under 3 use a very tiny amount and seek immediate medical attention if ingested.''
this is Europe so i don't know if America has the same laws regarding medical warnings.

also i recently checked my local water supply for fluoridation the website or water company in question read

''currently we do not fluoridate our water supply as evidence is inconclusive regarding medical benefits'' or something very similar.

here is a good documentary about fluoridation in America which even shows that its not strictly sodium fluoride that goes into the water.

The Great Culling:Our Water

Also i do firmly believe fluoride has adverse affects on the brain as most poison's do.

here is a pic i thought some might like to see

Percentage of population receiving fluoridated water, including both artificial and natural fluoridation.
Dark red = 80–100%
Bright red = 60–80%
pink = 40–60%
light pink = 20–40%
very pale pink = 1–20%
white = 1%
grey = unknown

edit on 10-3-2014 by JokerThe1st because: Added info

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I said "low levels" and "deemed safe", I was going by the logic of those who regulate these amounts and decide what is safe and what is not. There is no doubt in my mind that they allow higher levels than they should. After Fukushima they raised the acceptable level of radiation so it does not surprise me that they have been doing it with our food.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Your lucky you don't live in a farming area. The place I grew up in which we drank the most tasty water from the well…you can't now. Every time we got flooded out by storms the well was contaminated with agriculture chems and undrinkable. My folks had to buy all their water until a new well could be dug in a higher location. Even still we don't use it for drinking but do use it too cook as it's not feasible to buy that much water.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So about that mess of post links you gave me can you possibly narrow that down to 5 links to peer reviewed sources saying it's healthy to ingest the poison fluoride? I'm a student myself right now and that list of links would take forever to dig through (which I suspect was your point)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

I believe you are correct, you are speaking of dental and skeletal fluorosis which are two very serious diseases.

Feel free to search those terms if you are interested in learning more.

Perhaps Phage can correct us?

Phage what are your thoughts on dental and skeletal fluorosis due to prolonged sodium fluoride exposure?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

After Fukushima they raised the acceptable level of radiation so it does not surprise me that they have been doing it with our food.
Who did? What acceptable level of radiation was raised?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by Bedlam

Your lucky you don't live in a farming area.

It is a farm, but there's no large scale farming anywhere near. Most everyone out there farms a few acres of truck patch, a dozen cows and some chickens and goats, and lets the rest go to thicket. No chicken houses or pig farms as far as the nose can smell.

I was actually sort of worried about pesticides and the like, paid for the very pricey analysis, and it's zip.diddly across the board. No petroleum residue, no organophosphates. Nothing. It's actually TOO pure, I'm going to have to put in a neutralizer to add some carbonates to stabilize the pH.

When things settle in a bit, I'm converting some of the high areas to blueberries, the fertilizer and pesticides needed are very low, nothing eats blueberries around here so you don't have to spray for bugs. They like the soil more sour than it is so I'll have to diddle the acidity a bit but not a lot.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

So about that mess of post links you gave me can you possibly narrow that down to 5 links to peer reviewed sources saying it's healthy to ingest the poison fluoride?
That's not exactly what you asked for before. You asked for information about the efficacy of water fluoridation. Since you have already started shifting the goalposts...no.

But you already pointed out that toxicity depends on dosage.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did but I know good and well no amount of poison ingestion is healthy so your point kinda becomes moot. Therefore unless you can muster a good argument about how you can ingest a poison for health benefits then I suggest finding another thread to debunk.

ETA: also the goal posts never moved you were just dancing so hard you thought they were.

Edit to the edit: Just because it has a low toxicity doesn't mean it's good for you it only means the effects are slower and more gradually felt. Which is why Napoleon was poisoned slowly with arsenic...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Phage what are your thoughts on dental and skeletal fluorosis due to prolonged sodium fluoride exposure?
Skeletal fluorisis is serious. Dental fluorosis can be but it is mostly of cosmetic concern. The occurrence of both is dependent upon the concentration of fluoride in the water.

I am not aware of cases of skeletal fluorosis due to sodium fluoride exposure though, only from high concentrations of natural fluoridation. That's why the EPA has a limit on natural fluoridation levels. If there's too much fluoride it must be removed, or the water supply not used.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Therefore unless you can muster a good argument about how you can ingest a poison for health benefits then I suggest finding another thread to debunk.
Alcohol is a poison. www.medicaldaily.com...
But this thread has already been debunked. The article in question does not say what the OP says it says.

Which is why Napoleon was poisoned slowly with arsenic...
I see. Then why are people who have been drinking fluoridated water all their lives still walking?

edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by Laykilla removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join