It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh you're a combat veteran? Sorry we're not hiring.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by undo

It wasn't a resume kind of job.
there was a pretty good size pre-employment packet where I had to provide copies of all my certs training.
"They" ask for proof of military service and I provided a copy of my DD214, discharge paper that give someone a feel for I did and where I served.
She just scanned my paperwork plucking out the DD214 and rolled her eyes. that when I suspected I had a prob

i hear if you contact sean hannity, he will get you a job, because he is helping vets get jobs. although you may have to move.
edit on 11-3-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So millions go into training military people, but then suddenly out of the military, they have no use????????

wth.

Thats a shame, sorry you experienced discrimination for something such as volunteering. As well all know there is good and bad in all group but you'd think anyone with time spent under that system would make a good employee. I mean following orders and instructions and not being useless I would think would be valued skills, not that there arent civilians that can and do work just as hard.

Opinion defeats fact in this world I live in.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
well don't feel bad. i had a friend tell me the other day that all military, active and retired vets, and their families, should be herded into a building with the bankers and set on fire. sounds like the big guys view the military members as their creditors. as they gain control of more and more of the planet, the call to kill their creditors will increase. until, after having served their purpose, the big guys will have everyone who helped them gain world domination, slaughtered in a karma event (which is really just them relieving themselves of their creditors)

same thing happens when dictators take the reins of a nation. they have everyone the government owes in their nation, killed, and especially the useful "idiots" who helped them get in power.
edit on 11-3-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

billyvonhelvete
Thats just bloody wrong, people/companys like that make sick. Ive been turned down before, from job apps, even college and uni coarses because I was up front and told them I suffer from p.t.s.d, so I can relate.
I wish you luck finding a decent employer, or luck in starting your shop/store.
All the best.
B.V.H

See that's where you messed up. You don't need to tell them you suffer from PTSD. It's not their business and they can't legally ask.
edit on 11-3-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

JackSparrow17

billyvonhelvete
Thats just bloody wrong, people/companys like that make sick. Ive been turned down before, from job apps, even college and uni coarses because I was up front and told them I suffer from p.t.s.d, so I can relate.
I wish you luck finding a decent employer, or luck in starting your shop/store.
All the best.
B.V.H

See that's where you messed up. You don't need to to tell them you suffer from PTSD. It's not their business and they can't legally ask.

Indeed. It is part of your Medicals. They have no right legally to ask nor is one legally obligated to tell.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

g146541
How about some devil's advocate in here, as there is more than enough chest beating USA USA types.
Maybe the person in question did not want to hire someone who is statistically in the bottom 5-10 percent of their graduating class?

Statistics please. These kind of statements are only respected with the facts to prove it.

Or just maybe the person was concerned about hiring someone who not only went back for second helpings, but thirds to an illegal immoral war.
When you sign a contract to the government for say, 4 years, you can get deployed as many times as they want you to go. It's not a choice, and you can't claim to be gay to get kicked out anymore.

Maybe this person does not see your "service" as valid as you have only served the corporations interest at the cost of hundreds of thousands of civilian lives and not the best interest of the people of the US.
This is pure speculative opinion. Many gladly serve (as I did) the principles of what the nation is supposed to stand for. Now that we're out and see things outside the filter placed in front of our eyes over the duration of service, we know that what we served and what we thought we served were 2 different things.

Let's face it the soldiers who come back mentally broken, come back that way because of what they have seen and done.
Playing devil's advocate, but any of these are valid, dontcha think?

Finally, some fact.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Bisman
i could imagine vets making the perfect employee.
they never question anything you tell em.
they are only dogs that follow.

Ouch. Not only is this an untrue statement, but it's rather insulting. Marines, for example, are taught to be cunning and adaptable. We train to take initiative. We also do question orders quite a bit, but only unlawful orders, and in due process.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

If what you are saying is true then you have an EEOC claim. It is illegal to discriminate against an individual with a veteran status. I would be shocked in an HR lady would be stupid enough to say something like that out loud, considering their entire function in business is to prevent lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I've hired one of my managers who did 3 tours in Iraq and he has PTSD. We saw it as giving a qualified man a chance to be more than a man with PTSD, and he's had zero struggles with it while at work. Working can be therapeutic if you have a work ethic, and I believe being valued is a way to help someone to cope with PTSD. We are lucky to have him.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why people eat the war propaganda so vigorously in the US?

I mean honestly, if you served in the military and something bad happens to you, you just have to scream "I AM A VETERAN FROM X/Y WAR" and all of the sudden everyone rushes to your aid.

Thank you for your service to whatever coproration you aided in your ploy for tax dollar compensation an silly stickers to proliferate your sought-after image of the "hero". I on't buy your plight, though, sorry. The fact that you think you deserve a $50/h job over anyone else for any reason shows a certain sense of ENTITLEMENT that I don't agree with (see what I did there?).
edit on 12-3-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Bone75

That sucks man, my brother is going through the same thing.
Personally I don't think any veteran should have to do sh!t when they come home. I'd rather see my tax dollars go to making sure YOU don't have to worry about a thing, than see that money go to people who won't lift a finger to help themselves... much less put their life on the line for the rest of us.

Now there is something I wouldn't mind paying taxes for. They sure have earned it. Maybe that would get some of the leeches out there to do something. (i.e. not the ones who ended up there because of the politics etc, but the ones who don't do or never have done anything and expect everyone to pay for them.) and before you scream at me for this callous attitude, I have family that does this and it pisses me off like no tomorrow. There answer is I just love all this free stuff, why should I work, I'm entitled to it.... BS...

Now my vets sure I can agree to that 110%

Grim

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Some people have a very narrow and stupid view of veterans.
I guess those people have been too busy living in their own conspiracy fueled little world where giant evil corporations run everything. Those same people conveniently ignore the fact that they are using a computer built by corporations and posting on an internet that was funded by military research money seems to eluded them.

Not everyone joins the military to kill people or serve some giant evil corporation.
I joined because I grew up in a small town in a frigging dirt poor family.
If I wanted any chance of going to college at all joining the army and getting on the GI bill was it.
Some people join because, hey maybe learning how to fix airplanes, or be a medic or learning how to save people sounds like an interesting job. Not everything in the military is about killing.
Veterans are not asking for a handout or a step above anyone else.
Just not to be discriminated against because they did something most people don't have the guts to do themselves.

So if your one of those people that thinks veterans and military people are just mindless drones, and you find your self in a flood or natural disaster and a big green army helicopter comes to rescue you, just wave them off.
Leave the room for someone that is thankful that someone else was willing to leave their home and family, go into the dark and cold and put themselves in harms way for someone they have never meet.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

mash3d

actually, that is exactly what they are asking for

its not even technically possible to have MORE rights or entitlements, unless other people have less.
so the debate becomes; "how special are we vs you"

so serving the war machine makes you more of a citizen? why dosnt the government take care of them, the vets belong to them. they are only unemployed BECAUSE the government layed them off. dont pass the burden to the rest of us. expecting our already suffering private enterprise to pick up the slack by placing these tools.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I would give the Vets the TSA positions and get the felons off that payroll asap.

Vets know what to look for in terms of people who are trying to carry out some type of bombing or hijacking.

Spread them out in the airports in four levels. 1) Parking lot first arrival areas where they can approach suspicious persons before they enter the building. 2) then place them where people are clearing the security check where they can again observe and see if anyone is acting suspicious. 3) then place them in and through out the gate areas both inside and outside the building, where they can keep an eye out for suspicions activities of not only the passengers but employees. and lastly, 4) put these guys on the planes as Air Marshals a well trained Green Beret, Commando, Ranger and Seal can easily take out two men singlehandedly and I for one would feel a lot safer with them than these wimpy security guard/marshals who are to busy trying to flirt(or other activities) with the airplane staff and passengers.

edit on 12-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am wondering why this is surprising, the soldiers are surprised at everything, cannot believe what they see, what they have to do. Almost like they have been trained to do things that are "Unlawful".

Surprised at the fact that this garbage goes on, surprised that who they work for is utter trash.

Amazement and total stupefaction that their own government figures they are not to be treated well, and that this has been going on for at least 50 YEARS.

What in the WORLD is surprising about any of this ?

Look at who you were working for, and have some understanding that everyone ELSE views it in different ways and reasonably so, that maybe they are not strong enough mentally to work with someone who has been involved in such grey areas.

I work with a vet, and let me tell you it was tough on some of my fellow employees, a few of them could not understand why he was so quiet, calculated, no emotion, great worker, solid strong guy.....but without my help, not a chance in the world things would be very good for the guy.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

some of these have to go into the service because of the selective service requirements. It is not their fault OBAMA is a failure, or congress is a flop.

give em a break.

quiet, calculated, no emotion, great worker, solid strong guy

Hec, I am like that and I have never been in military service. Have you ever thought it is just good work ethics.

Again give em a break.
edit on 12-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I say F her!!! If our country should ever come under attack with in our borders, and she come a screaming for your help, just tell her you’re not hiring right now!

Don’t let her get to you my friend! Not worth it!

P.s.- Thank you for your service...!

edit on 12-3-2014 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

they claim they join to serve the country. But you assume they should just pick and chose who deserves freedoms based on the personal benefits given from that citizen.

you are what's wrong with the system. You are one of the dangerous people.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The worst part is that I never even saw real combat, but due to the areas I was deployed to I am considered a "combat veteran".

The problem is, these people hardly ever come out and say it.

To all of the Vet haters in this thread: Where was any entitlement implied in the Op? He had the necessary qualifications, but was denied due to his military service. Denied work due to somebody's personal political opinions. How is that not discrimination?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Bisman

mash3d

actually, that is exactly what they are asking for

its not even technically possible to have MORE rights or entitlements, unless other people have less.
so the debate becomes; "how special are we vs you"

so serving the war machine makes you more of a citizen? why dosnt the government take care of them, the vets belong to them. they are only unemployed BECAUSE the government layed them off. dont pass the burden to the rest of us. expecting our already suffering private enterprise to pick up the slack by placing these tools.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

Sweet blanket statement there ! The OP is not saying he should HAVE MORE RIGHTS than non-vets . I am a combat veteran and I have never asked for a handout , I have never expected any handouts nor special privileges over non-vets . But when one is refused a job BECAUSE THEY ARE combat veterans then it becomes a problem . If it were a black man , a Hispanic , a Muslim , a woman , handicapped , homosexual , so on and so forth and who were turned down for a job because a comapny does not hire "those types" , many would be on here screaming bloody murder . But it is alright to discriminate because you have a hair up your rear end concerning combat vets .

so let me ask you this.... If I (a combat veteran) applied for the same job as you are , I am just as if not more qualified than you for said job you are saying it is alright for said company to discriminate against me because I am a veteran because you see it as I am looking for handouts ? Am I correct in this assumption ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join