It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh you're a combat veteran? Sorry we're not hiring.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Maybe the person in question did not want to hire someone who is statistically in the bottom 5-10 percent of their graduating class?

That's funny, during my time I served with all manner of people from college graduates to middle age guys going through a mid life crisis.

People join up for all kinds of reason and believe it or not, its not because they are all stupid.

Or just maybe the person was concerned about hiring someone who not only went back for second helpings, but thirds to an illegal immoral war.

Maybe you are unfarmiliar with how an army works. Soldiers do not have a choice. You go where you are told to go. If you don't go where you are told to go, you go to military jail.

Maybe this person does not see your "service" as valid as you have only served the corporations interest at the cost of hundreds of thousands of civilian lives and not the best interest of the people of the US.

That is fine if they do not agree with the premise for a war, but to discriminate against a man because of your political views is bigotry of the highest order. Someone can not agree with the reasons for the war, fine. But don't persecute those who have no choice in the matter for it. Believe it or not, most of the soldiers I knew when I served knew we weren't protecting any Americans. All of us would have rather been home with our families instead of getting shot at in far away countries.

Let's face it the soldiers who come back mentally broken, come back that way because of what they have seen and done.

Oh really? You don't think that the fact that some of these guys have been to year long deployments 5, 6 or 7 times has anything to do with it? They are all scarred from all the babies they killed right?

Playing devil's advocate, but any of these are valid, dontcha think?

No. It seems you have learned almost everything you know about the military from movies and ATS.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
From a non-vetran:
1.) If a company refuses to hire vetrans go directly to the local American Legion and/or V.F.W. and report them. If a higher executive of the company is a vetran that hiring officer may find grass stains on their behind. As a second action a vetrans picket line outside the plant or office will bring the light and heat of the press and broadcast media down on the company.
2.) A big chain store like MACY'S really could not stand the bad publicity of a national vetran's boycot and picket lines. Watch them back pedal.

Remember: 1.) Show a big crowd.
2.) If you can not raise a big crowd, make a lot of noise.
3.) If you can not make a big noise, make a big stink.
(Saul Alinsky, "Rules For Radicals")

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

A friendship of mine had a very similar occurrence, but he is the veteran in this story rather than me. Anyway, he's been turned down jobs too many times. Nobody ever says it's because he served in Afghanistan. They normally cite a low misdemeanor from when he was 16 as the reason, but when people we know, including myself one time, with more recent and worse records got the same jobs he applied for... well... It makes you think. And he is much more polite and articulate than most of us (in our 'cliques'). Go figure.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i could imagine vets making the perfect employee.
they never question anything you tell em.
they are only dogs that follow.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
She is totally a product of the propaganda behemoth that has cloaked the globe.

Yes I filed a complaint with Veterans affairs, fat lot of good that'll do...

Now, that is a shame, knowing that the government will simply hit "delete" after reading your complaint - but, as a vet are you really surprised....

The American government ensures that propaganda ferments public attitudes such as the one you have encountered (think "all Muslims are terrorists" mentality)

The American government treats their honoured military active, vets and fallen like utter crap.

The American government treats their citizens as terrorists.

The American government treats the rest of the world as "convenient" or "inconvenient"

The American government treats enemies as target practice.

Do you see the common denominator?
edit on 11-3-2014 by Sublimecraft because: You are an awesome person and judging by your posting history, so is your wife for putting up with you - LOL.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm not even reading the rest of this thread the OP is enough.

You get a lawyer, get your buddy to sign an affidavit and be willing to testify, and sue their asses on the basis of discrimination.

They're right. A lot of these vets are coming back with PTSD and a lot of anger about being there and why. Suicide rates are statistically too high to not have a causal relationship to these drawn out wars. And the American people do not feel war weariness in the least. I have met several people in the last decade that don't even know that we are currently engaged in two wars. They also have no idea that a third building fell on 9/11. They don't even know why we went to war in the first place except for having watched planes rammed into buildings on TV every day for a month.

They're doing that # on purpose, too. The veterans are being disenfranchised because they are a threat. I was a soldier for 8 years prior to 9/11, and I know a lot of people who stayed in long after I got out. They know what's up, and their bosses know they know what's up. The armed forces is just about an enemy to the government if they keep pissing in their cornflakes much longer.

Pisses me off

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
My favorite question I get after people find out I was in the Army
They look at me real nervous and ask
"Did you ever shoot anyone?"
and I look them dead in the eye and say
"Why yes. I shoot hundreds of people, men women, children , cats, kids, dogs. You name it I shot it. I liked shooting babies the most. I even shot the president and got a few shots off at the Pope one time. Hell I might even shot you if you give me the chance"
They get a horrified and confused look on their face and I give them a few seconds to stew.
Then I tell them "I was a photographer in the Army"
They stop asking stupid questions after that.

Vets have been getting screwed since the Roman Empire.
Why did we expect anything to be different now?

Many people may disagree with this but I do think combat vets need an adjustment period after combat.
Being in a fire fight one day and being in a shopping mall the next week is a big mental adjustment.
After WWII the troops came home by ship which at least gave them a few weeks to process things.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
things never change .. went through that after 4 tours in vietnam with s.o.g ..
Either learn to lie and dont say anything about being a combat vet .. or move outside the states - far more opportunities abroad and a hell of alot less bovine fecal matter to put up with.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was your choice to be a criminal mercenary for a ZOG, now a private company does not want to hire a war criminal, kudos to them and you can go pound sand.

Maybe you could become a cop, or work for Blackwater or some other type job where your psychotic homicidal skills can be put to use?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sublimecraft
She is totally a product of the propaganda behemoth that has cloaked the globe.

Yes I filed a complaint with Veterans affairs, fat lot of good that'll do...

Now, that is a shame, knowing that the government will simply hit "delete" after reading your complaint - but, as a vet are you really surprised....

The American government ensures that propaganda ferments public attitudes such as the one you have encountered (think "all Muslims are terrorists" mentality)

The American government treats their honoured military active, vets and fallen like utter crap.

The American government treats their citizens as terrorists.

The American government treats the rest of the world as "convenient" or "inconvenient"

The American government treats enemies as target practice.

Do you see the common denominator?
edit on 11-3-2014 by Sublimecraft because: You are an awesome person and judging by your posting history, so is your wife for putting up with you - LOL.

More the reason we have to vote for tea party conservatives and get some new blood in the system.

Rand and Cruz 2016!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Bisman
i could imagine vets making the perfect employee.
they never question anything you tell em.
they are only dogs that follow.

You said it, it's all in your imagination. I'd much rather work with vets than any other group, as they tend to have greater self-discipline, better leadership skills, an ability to work with others, are used to taking on great responsibilities, work well under pressure, and are able to be decisive, even during times of great stress.

As a bonus, I find vets to be far more mature, and far less likely to make inane and sweeping generalizations about others, and far less bigoted than those who've never served anything other than themselves.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

you can do something like that online. No overheads. Start an Ebay shop or link a page from your facebook.

Start that way and see how it goes.

sorry to read how you were treated.
turn it into a positive.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Playing devils advocate that may be true.
but how do you explain my graduating from UCLA Summa Cum Laude, even made the who's who list that year.
then again I am what most would consider a dotting father, devoted husband and am working towards the day I become a deacon in my church.

Seems to me all that counterbalances my adventures with 'Uncle Sam's Misguided Children', Oooo- F'ing- Raw...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thurisaz

you can do something like that online. No overheads. Start an Ebay shop or link a page from your facebook.

Start that way and see how it goes.

sorry to read how you were treated.
turn it into a positive.

I'm doing the flea market thing now... I do pretty well most of the time
Hitting up the bigger cities around Colorado.
it also give me a chance to teach my daughters about marketing, customer relations, and how to make their own money threw their own efforts.
Plus it gets them out of the house and mommy loves us taking them to see places they might not otherwise visit.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

quattrocinque
Reading this thread I get the impression some people are living in the past.
("Here's a man who would shoot an innocent kid if ordered to." Wow, I'm really looking forward to working with you!)

How narrow some thoughts are, when trying to pass through a needle with no eye.

I am against war. Of any kind. I always have been. In saying that, every man in my family is a veteran. A few of the women too.

It is impossible, in the space of a forum discussion board, to lay it all out in any complete fashion, what one believes. We can throw out snippets and a few ideas, but the full message in its entirety, always gets lost in the short translations. Especially when so little brain matter is used at times to read and translate such messages.

The casualties of war are always the innocents. And men in high places never sacrifice that which they send others to sacrifice. It is never balanced, and never, ever black and white.

I don't support war. But I support men and women who are forced to engage in war due to the fact that their occupations are under the umbrella of the military. Regardless of what caused them to choose the occupation; patriotism, economic, etc., etc..

Whatever the reason for which they chose military life (and it is not an easy life in the least), it is they, who risk life and limb while others are fighting imaginary battles from their sofas on a Sunday afternoon with a beer in one hand, and the other petting the soft kitty under their wife's skirt.

I find it wholly disrespectful for people to call veterans 'baby killers' or whatever else people like to say when they don't support war. Because that is what the quoted message implied not so subtly.

Funny. Ask most veterans, and they will tell you they hate war as much as you do.

Imagine, all of us hating war, but no one with the balls to step up to the line when and if it should ever be needed.

I wonder if those who have made such comments are the same who protest the funerals of dead soldiers. Disgusting, with no respect. And they have the nerve to call someone a 'baby killer.'
Perhaps, they are living in the past via some old Hollywood war films? Hmm...

As an American citizen who has offered to give such sacrifice, there are both implied and real benefits to doing so. As it should be. It is not a matter of supporting any war, but a very real fact of taking care of those whom you have sent to that war. They too, would have liked to have sat home on a Sunday with their beer and kitty.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred

that's from "The Charge of the Light Brigade" it was a charge of British light cavalry led by Lord Cardigan against Russian forces during the Battle of Balaclava on 25 October 1854 in the Crimean War.

that is to say light cavalry, on horseback a saber charge against the entire Russian artillery guns. 118 men killed, 127 wounded and about 60 taken prisoner. After regrouping, only 195 men were still with horses.

It was mistake they were suppose to go another way. This was a classic F-up that would be immortalized in poem.

As a Marine I'd rather stay home with my wife and kids...

But my government had other plans for me...
edit on 11-3-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by g146541

Playing devils advocate that may be true.
but how do you explain my graduating from UCLA Summa Cum Laude, even made the who's who list that year.
then again I am what most would consider a dotting father, devoted husband and am working towards the day I become a deacon in my church.

Seems to me all that counterbalances my adventures with 'Uncle Sam's Misguided Children', Oooo- F'ing- Raw...

a bit personal but are you mormon? cause um, most of utah is.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No but I almost wish I was.
you see if I had a Ward number I could give them, then for sure they would have taken me on.

Yeah I know, yet another unfairness but you know... it's Utah their in a different Time zone so set your watch back 50 years

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by undo

No but I almost wish I was.
you see if I had a Ward number I could give them, then for sure they would have taken me on.

Yeah I know, yet another unfairness but you know... it's Utah their in a different Time zone so set your watch back 50 years

i lived there for 10 years. every job i got i was fired from for the same exact reason. it was weird, like they had a list of anything you've done wrong in your life since the age of accountability -- which is only 8 years old i do believe. so if you got in trouble when you were a minor for anything, they can and will hold that against you for the rest of your life or, until you join their church - whichever comes first. did she have time to review your resume before the interview?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It wasn't a resume kind of job.
there was a pretty good size pre-employment packet where I had to provide copies of all my certs training.
"They" ask for proof of military service and I provided a copy of my DD214, discharge paper that give someone a feel for I did and where I served.
She just scanned my paperwork plucking out the DD214 and rolled her eyes. that when I suspected I had a prob

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join