It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lions Save Kidnapped Girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What an amazing story ! Lions came to the rescue of a girl who was kidnapped...
Animal behavior never ceases to amaze me... what an awesome rescue story !

Police say three lions rescued a 12-year-old girl kidnapped by men who wanted to force her into marriage, chasing off her abductors and guarding her until police and relatives tracked her down in a remote corner of Ethiopia.

The men had held the girl for seven days, repeatedly beating her, before the lions chased them away and guarded her for half a day before her family and police found her, sergeant Wondimu Wedajo said on Tuesday via telephone from the provincial capital of Bita Genet, some 560km west of the capital, Addis Ababa.

“They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest,” Wondimu said, adding he did not know whether the lions were male or female.

source

leolady

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I hope this is true

Real life Aslans

Oh just noticed your name Leolady
apt topic for you.
edit on 10-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very cool story, if true.

The cynical part of me thinks this story is fabricated - perhaps in an effort to save endangered lions.

Isn't it strange that they didn't know if the lions were male or female? It's pretty obvious to tell - and an Ethiopian should have no trouble telling the difference.

Anyway... I do think animal are amazing and have the capacity to act in surprising, and even apparently altruistic, ways. I'd love for this story to be real, but instincts tell me something is a bit off.

Thanks for sharing it.

ETA.... I guess I am not alone in questioning the validity of the story. This story came out in 2005, so there are lots of articles and people speculating on this case posted 9 years ago. Here is one:

-Summary of the eRumor
An incredible story of a young girl in Africa who was running from a group of men who had beaten her and wanted to force her into marriage.
As she ran down a road, she encountered a pride of lions who reportedly protected her until she stopped crying then let police tend to her.

-The Truth
Reports from remote areas of the world are sometimes unreliable, but there are published stories about this one.

A BBC article from June 22, 2005 quotes police in West Ethiopia as saying that the story is true.

Sergeant Wondmu Wedaj from Bita Genet told the BBC that the lions stood guard until the police got there then "left her like a gift" and went back into the forest.

The article quotes lion experts as being skeptical about that, however, and suggest that the lion was actually preparing to eat the girl but scattered when the police showed up.

One animal expert also told reporters that the lions may have spared the girl because her crying may have sounded like the mewing sound from a lion cub.

The story has been widely reported in Africa and described as a miracle.

It appears to depend on who is interpreting the lion's actions as to as to how the event is described.

www.truthorfiction.com...

So, it's hard to say what, exactly, was going on... but thankfully the story has a happy ending the the girl was rescued.
edit on 10-3-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I remember reading about this a while ago. Which, egads! Means this has already been posted.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Theresbthis video of a gorilla looking after a little kid after he knocked himselfmout falling into the pit enclosure. She picked him up, cradled hI,, and just took care of him, mwhem zoo keepers returned the favor with high pressure water cannons.

There are numerois reports of dolphins battling sharks and whales on behalf of humans stranded in the middle of the sea.

I am a paraplegic as of 2010 from getting f'd up by a car and truck while on foot. I have to do a wheely up a step into my garage to get items I need. I pushed too hard and fell backwards onto my back. My moms minie pinchser, who likes me the least out of everyone, sat right by my side in the freezimg garage for the 30 something minutes while a hollered to my sleeping dad upstairs for help. Another time the basement where I stayed flooded from rain, amd made the surhe protectors spark and crack like crazy. She ran upstairs and barked all hell until parents woke up to come down.

I dont think this story too far fetched.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

This would not surprise me if it was true-Lions are more than awesome.
They probably sensed this poor girl was being tormented,and their protective instincts kicked in.
The girls abductors were lucky they only chased them away...

That girl has a Lion totem now.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

leolady

What an amazing story ! Lions came to the rescue of a girl who was kidnapped...
Animal behavior never ceases to amaze me... what an awesome rescue story !

Police say three lions rescued a 12-year-old girl kidnapped by men who wanted to force her into marriage, chasing off her abductors and guarding her until police and relatives tracked her down in a remote corner of Ethiopia.

The men had held the girl for seven days, repeatedly beating her, before the lions chased them away and guarded her for half a day before her family and police found her, sergeant Wondimu Wedajo said on Tuesday via telephone from the provincial capital of Bita Genet, some 560km west of the capital, Addis Ababa.

“They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest,” Wondimu said, adding he did not know whether the lions were male or female.

source

leolady

Wow!!!! The endangered species have a animal kingdom fatawa to protect people from kidnappers. Go Lions!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Could be made up... but I choose to believe this story ! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.. so yeah go lions !

leolady

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Awwee Thx for sharing those wonderful memories ! Well not of falling down and all but you know what I mean... you had a friend where/when you least expected it.

Animals can teach us a lot. I think humanity needs to slow down a bit sometimes and take notice of little things that can be learned from them.

leolady

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
9 yrs ago

wonder what she doing now

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Sounds like The experience of the Biblical Prophet Daniel

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Truth turns out weirder than fiction, who knows it could be true. The Lions maternal instinct kicked in.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I wonder too. I wish we could get follow up on alot of stories... but that just doesn't happen. Sigh.

:-)
leolady

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
She was the cat's meow.

Different species will sometimes bring up the young of others.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nice story Leolady.

Could be she is psychic.
and the Lions felt her call for help.
or one of the lions is psychic?

If dolphins can save humans,
why not other animals?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I once read a story where a small child of three or four was lost during near freezing weather. The next day when found the child repeatedly said, "Big doggy."
The searchers found the tracks of a large wolf that had slept next tohim and kept him warm.

Some people believe in demonic possession.
Could it be that sometimes our "Guardian Angel" or "Guardian Spirit" is allowed to take possession of a wild animal to protect us?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So the guy lives in Africa and can not tell the difference between a male or female African Lion.

I heard of the mother lion took on a different animal and protected it as her baby, but this is hard to believe.

If they were protecting her it was for a midnight snack, as they were to full to eat her at the present time.

Or else, she must of been Christian.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Johenix
I once read a story where a small child of three or four was lost during near freezing weather. The next day when found the child repeatedly said, "Big doggy."
The searchers found the tracks of a large wolf that had slept next tohim and kept him warm.

Some people believe in demonic possession.
Could it be that sometimes our "Guardian Angel" or "Guardian Spirit" is allowed to take possession of a wild animal to protect us?

Awesome Story !

Yes indeed, I think the possession of the animal is possible too. I do however believe the animals would/could do it on their own accord. I believe both scenarios are likely.

leolady

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Johenix
.....Some people believe in demonic possession.

I really don't think guardian angels have anything to do with it.
It may seems strange to you, but animals are sentient beings just like us, capable of a vast array of emotions like empathy or compassion.
Well, most of the time they are just more compassionate than we are, and the fact that you are referring to angels shows how little we know about their feelings , and how big our lack of respect toward them is.
edit on Jambbam12 by Jabbah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
it says her screams caused the lions to mistake her for a lion cub.

But I also observe such protective instincts even in dogs and they will also respond in kind to other other animal species crying in distress.

Seems to be a mammalian thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join