It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonator7

I don't dismiss it but have seen no evidence to say we have mastered it. i think if we have, we would have used it.Certainly there was money spent. Doesn't mean we succeeded. In 1958 I was working at the General Electric AirCraft Nuclear Propulsion program. That year we spent $100,000,000. and employed 3500 people of whom 1100 were engineers and scientists. We never flew a nuclear powered airplane. There were many other expensive programs done to try to get an edge on the Russians in the cold war and that were not successful. I would be happy to look at evidence

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

They are in my gray basket. Not enough data.. maybe ours but not likely

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi there Mr. Friedman.

The name Bob Lazar certainly comes up a lot regarding UFO related subjects doesn't it.
You've made it very clear over the years how you feel about his claims, I'm not interested in asking you the same old questions about Lazar.

No one can deny that Bob's claims hit the media in a gigantic way. For a short while he was on every news report.
Regardless of the actual claims he made, he brought UFO theories and especially Area 51 to the mainstream media.

Can you discuss how you personally felt during that 1989-1990 period when Lazar and his theories became almost a part of pop culture for that time?
In some ways it must have been very exciting for you, to have network news discussing Area 51, the possibility of visitors from other planets, alien technology, government cover-ups.

Aside from the bitter/sweet issue regarding Lazar and his credentials, how did you feel about that whole 89/90/91 etc... period?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by boymonkey74

No I don't think any are demons. I think they are advanced beings concerned about out primitive society whose major activity is tribal warfare and which has learned about nuclear fusion which would get us to the stars if we could spend the money. i think they wish to quarantine us. Don't forget we killed 50 million of our own kind and destroyed 1700 cities in WW 2.Since then we have exploded 2000 nuclear warheads and we will spend a trillion dollars on military stuff this year.We are not nice guys.

We can agree at least that they are trying to "quarantine" us. They are keeping our leaders isolated from the truth. Don't forget nuclear physics and progressive "science" in general is grossly a product of "ET" encounters going all the way back to the earliest civilizations.
I tend to lend credibility to other peoples accounts because, I myself have witnessed a glowing orb phenomena in the sky at the age of 14. I am UFO believer, I do not however, lend credibility to the idea that their intentions here are to "save us".

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

I have not intentionally avoided these questions. I have avoided, as much as possible, speculating about any aspect of the flyimg saucer world.Yes I have speculated about why they might be here as I have suggested reasons for governments to cover up what they know.I have 156 pages of TOP SECRET UMBRANSA UFO documents on which one can read one sentence. Everything else is whited out.I don't know what that material covers.. Yes.there are ETs. One out of 6 of Ted Phillips 5000 Physical trace cases from 80 countries involves reports of ETs with the craft. There have been many abduction cases involving ETs.. Not surprising. I don't write fiction. Read the books I have mentioned about abductions.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

I said nothing about aliens being here to save us. They care about us being a primitive society whose major activity is tribal warfare and soon will be able to visit the stars.They want to save themselves from us...not save us.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

Why would you say nuclear physics has anything to do with alien encounters?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hello Mr Freidman, after reading many of these, questions, its amazing how many people ask the same questions over and over. That being said Id say the disinformation campaign has worked and worked better than anyone could have imagined. Do you think Disinformation tactics are increasing not just within the UFO feild, but every sensitive area.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamnotadoctor

I think it was very much a distraction. People seemed bothered by the fact that I ,a real nuclear physicist, was not supporting his claims. Area 51 was and certainly still is an important place.An entire mythology has been built up around Bob's story. I went after facts and found nothing to support the stories. The coverage certainly demonstrated that people are interested. But I already knew that as a result of all my lecturing.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Welcome Stan in second day.

I know you are not a lawyer, Is the case about ET visited Earth will stand in court of law ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

With icebergs we know how much is beneath the surface. I have no way of judging whether or not the use of disinformation is increasing or decreasing.How can one make such a judgement.?I know of no way to sort blurbs into information or disinformation.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Edit: nevermind, just saw your reply about Mack, thanks

Mr. Friedman,

What is your opinion of John Mack's work?
edit on 11-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Even as "skeptic" I agree that there is no reason why they couldn't get here. The "why would they need lights" argument makes me cringe. If they are here they are here.

do you see a change in skeptics now as opposed to the "Phil klass" era? I never really read much of any skeptical literature and didn't even know I was one. I personally feel the dichotomy unproductive but I find myself under attack frequently for asking questions and suggesting alternative ideas. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
edit on 11-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi Mr. Friedman.

You said in an earlier post that the main goal of E.T might be to quarantine us. In this instance, I wonder if it would be possible that they have been here for thousand of years and could have enslaved mankind. You probably know about the Annunaki and their story. Is there any truth to it?

I'm saying this because when you look at history, you quickly realize we have always been ruled by a powerful group of the 'intelligence people' that did everything they could to keep us dumb, uneducated and obedient.

So, did you had any insight of the possible existence of mankind being a slave race to E.Ts? Kind of like what David Icke's saying about the Reptilians?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Glassbender777
Hello Mr Freidman, after reading many of these, questions, its amazing how many people ask the same questions over and over. That being said Id say the disinformation campaign has worked and worked better than anyone could have imagined. Do you think Disinformation tactics are increasing not just within the UFO feild, but every sensitive area.

So True!
Back in the mid 80's ...I will say 85 or86. A huge black triangle was seen many time where I live in Fairfield county Connecticut.
It was in the press every day!

I never really believed in UFO'S...till one night listening to a local AM station talk show....when a caller called in and Said The Triangle was over Trumbull where I live heading south toward the sound.

I ran outside and OMG! It had to be the size of 2 football fields. I would say about 10,000 feet up ...silent, no sound..moving slow.

Then guess what happened no more press! But people kept asking the Military for a explanation.

There excuse... Ultralights flying High with lights. This was disproved by the at that time manager of our local small Sikorsky airport Morgan Kaolan, a WII fighter pilot and a pilot to this day. He proved that was impossible to be ultra lights.

I had the pleasure with talking to him recently about this UFO case.

Yes disinformation.

Oh and note...MUFON has no info on this case...well lody da!
edit on 11-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Emerys

John and many other smart people have believed the nonsense that "they " can't get here from there so there must be a different solution then visiting aliens. My background in advanced propulsion says they can get here from thereI also expect that there are paranormal aspects about which we know little. I have had physics professors guess that it would take 1000 years to get to the speed of light at 1 G acceleration. It only takes a year.

link   
Dear sir,

I remember some years back, I waited for 2 weeks to receive a reply from you through m y s p a c e email. It meant alot to me that you actually took the time and effort to respond to my query. But the reply I got left me wanting more info...

You say our administrators don't want to give-over their authority to an Earthling representative.
Would you consider the position if it was awarded to you? Anything to hinder to? Or disqualify you?

If the ET phenomenon is real reality, they can't be all bad? They could easily put our lights out just by killing our many hundreds of satellites we depend upon for keeping our nuclear reactors on-line...leaving us with the feeling of our balls being held in a clamping device?

Thanks in advance for receiving my query.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thank you for your time, sir.

Is there any evidence linking the invention of the intregrated circuit (on which all computers are based) in 1949 to the mass UFO sightings that occurred in the late 1940's? The first customer for this new invention was the Air Force. In your professional opinion, are propulsion-based UFOs derived from this technology, or was the integrated circuit reverse-engineered from circuitry found in propulsion-based UFOs?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Mr Friedman, When Blue Book ended in 1969, the Air Force stated that UFOs posed no threat to our national security.Really?Then why to this day does our military scamble jets to intercept UFOs in our airspace.Is it really for protection of our country,are as a way to deter the UFO's from being seen

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Zechariah Sitchin has written several books about enslavement for mining purposes. Michael Tellinger has dug up a great deal of artifacts indicating an advanced civilization in South Africa at around 200,000 years ago and engaged in mining. White men almost enslaved American Indians at the time of the California gold rush. I leave room for the notion.That is one of the reasons I suggest the possibility that Earth may have been a penal colony.Prisoners have often been used as slave labor.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why are aliens so secretive and in cohorts with the, well lets say, less than honest people in governments.

It seems to me they control those in charge or are controlled, seems a little silly if thats the case.

Are they power hungry, secretive because of evil intentions?

or, why do you think they (aliens) are so secretive?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join