It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi Stan thanks for taking the time to do this.

What are your thoughts on the Shag Harbor incident,I've always believed this to be one of the best UFO cases in history.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Hi Stanton,

What was the turning point “for you” that made you say to yourself, there’s something to this Roswell story!?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonator7

Frankly I have seen no evidence that the speed of light has been exceeded or that there is a massive UNKNOWN space programYes, of course there is a major effort , done under security ,to find out what potential enemies are doing so there won't be surprises in time of conflict.I have no reason to think anybody has tecnology even 100 years ahead of where known technology is. Yes, space is the place for intelligence gathering; borders don't mean much. Paperclip was an effort to get the best German scientists who after all were way ahead of the West in rocketry. One reason for security is we were violating the rules about letting people with a Nazi background in after the war.
Remember one of Ike's major efforts around 1950 was to get cooperation from Germany with regard to defending against the Russians
despite the earlier battles between the allies and Germany.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Hello Mr.Friedman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with ATS.
My question to you is this,
Have you ever, with your own eyes, witnessed an event that led you to
believe that what was appearing before you was a "craft" not created by
human hands? If so, could you please describe the event.

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add in

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add content

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 10-3-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

I admire your imagination. But the naswer is NO. I think there are huge mother ships for flight between the stars and much smaller earth excursion modules for flight in the atmosphere. The navy has huge nuclear powered aircraft carriers that can operate for 18 years without refuelling but carry 75 small airplanes that need refuelling every couple of hours and are not nuclear powered.They don't work well on the water and carriers have great difficulty in flying

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Do you believe there is a war going on between different E.T. factions for possesion of this planet, or to ward of possesors by the so called "benign" visitors? Thank you for your time, and welcome! Also, keep fighting the good fight mate!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Just wanted to say hi, followed you in many many ufo shows and documentaries.
Cool to see you here.

You know there truthfully could be Extraterrestrial probes travelling through our atmosphere and examining our planet and our culture, if we can send a rover to Mars and other planets and receive data and photos, imagine what a slightly more advanced culture could be capable of.

We might not even be able to detect something more advanced, who knows what types of technological secrets could be out there to uncover, such as cloaking and camouflage... Even nature has the ability to "blend" in to it's environment and these are merely lifeforms with natural abilities not even technological attributes. Such as the Camelon or Octopus.

There could be Infrared cloaking that makes something invisible to our detection.

edit on 3/10/2014 by Brainiac because: proof reading

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In response to a previous poster, you recommended Barry Downing's book titled, "The Bible and Flying Saucers".

I'm very curious of your views in relation to his claims that the Bible has many UFO related events. Particularly, when he cited biblical lines insinutating that Jesus was from another world.

Thank you very much for your time. Fascinating Thread!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Hi :-)
Big fan.
I would be interested to know.
Of the few ex government officials (eg Canadian minister of defence Paul Hellyer) to speak on the subject of UFOs since leaving office.
Who has been the most credible and why?

Very hard to stick to the one question rule.
But i managed it :-) where others failed.

TIA

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I just wanted to welcome, and thank you for taking time out to share your valuable knowledge with us.

I have watched you on many different shows, and consider your input to be at the top of the list in UFO-related subjects.

I have no questions that I don't already know the answer to (for my own satisfaction), so I'll not take up any more of your time.

Thanks again. It's an honor to have you here!!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Howdy sir! My questions have been addressed so I was just curious what you think of the new show The Cosmos with Neil Tyson Degrasse and have you and he ever sat down to converse. Do you guys agree or disagree more on the subject of ufos?
Then there is THIS:

skyblueworld
We have a resident here on ATS who use to work for NASA, I'm very sure you have probably heard of him James Oberg a.k.a Jim Oberg?
On his 99 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] about astronauts and UFOs he says this:

03 Q: For millions of people around the world, the ‘astronaut UFO cases’ are the ‘jewel in the crown’ of ‘Ufology’, which is the study of UFO reports and the argument that such reports constitute evidence for extraordinary events that might even include visitations by non-human space travelers. If they are all wrong, why should you care?

A: If they’re all wrong, as I think they are, the social implications are significant beyond this limited subject matter. We should be asking how it could happen in this case that popular culture is so far off base -- how it might be happening in other areas of public beliefs.

Link to James Obergs website
What is your take on ‘astronaut UFO cases’?
And can all of them be wrong as Oberg thinks they are?

I have heard jim[OBERG]speak. I think he is almost always wrong. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.wrote the forword to my book "Flying Saucers and Science" I have talked to several astronauts and believe they had good sightings. Gordon Cooper was one.

This really surprised me!! I would pay to see a debate here between the two of you and I will provide the popcorn. How can two people so deep in the research, history and cases of ufos disagree so much? Jim often claims that Mitchell, Gordon and Cooper are imaginative and not very accurate and some of them are trying to sell a book/dvd, which I guess is an automatic discredit?
Anyway, much thanks for taking the time sir!

spec

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

No I don't. I am very impressed with Frank Feschinos work on Flatwoods and wrote forwords for his books and have been there. I consistently found that John Keel wasn't getiing his facts straight about much of anything including Mothman

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Question.

Do you have any stories (friends, colleague. etc) that made you believe in UFO or reinforced your belief? Likewise vice versea.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Me again

If ET made themselves known to everyone do you think the human race could handle it? or would we just panic and all go a bit mental?.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

I don't like words like proof in this context. My top three cases would be Betty and Barney Hill, Roswell, and probably the RB-47 case investigated by jim McDonald

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I imagine the galactic federation has rules about an advanced civilization interfering with ours... a primitive society whose major activity is tribal warfare. I don't think our society would panic.. every government would want to get its hands on the saucers for military purposes. We are not equals with our visitors. Remember the planet is 4 billion years old but our civilization is only thousands
I am calling it a day until tomorrow

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks Mr Friedman.....your brain must be pickled...until tomorrow.

Cheers, Stevie.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join