It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Second a Day Video Will Shock You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Every child is titled to carefree and happy childhood. Quite often we see the wrong doings in other countries and third world but cannot see the illness in our own neighbourhood..
To child its most important is to feel loved by their parents, you can´t fight much in big boys games but you can do a lot close to you.
there is so much to fix.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Propaganda designed to illicit an emotional response.

For every child hurt in Syria ten more die in sub Sahara Africa.

Yet will send a 100,000 dollar drone strike to save them,

When the same effort put forth would save many more elsewhere with out having to kill to do.

ITs a logical fallacy, either life every where matters, are none does at all.

So if you care for Syrian children, than there place should be no higher than any number of dying children here at home and around the world.

Not just in places with a political interest.

"For the children" Is the cry of a charlatan.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Kid's or not If you are not you aint human.

Fine by me, I am an alien. There are other ways to see bigger catastrophes than this one.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i'm all for giving money for saving kids.

but before you go donating money to charities you might want to checkout how of much of that dollar goes to actually feeding them.
in the case of feed the children they gets a ok rating from this site. there are others watchdogs that check into charities if you don't like this one.

Charity Navigator Your Guide To intellgent Giving Feed The Children

and monkey i'm glad to see you have over looked your dislike of Christianity to donate to a Christian organization. maybe hope for you yet.

edit on 10-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Fisherr
watched this the other day and i liked the edit, shame the video is not accurate..

I see they are going for that "sympathy dollar"

As Bill hicks said.

Could you prove this video is not accurate? I'm sure there are plenty of children in Syria who are going through this every day, if not worse. Honestly, there's people in America who go through some of this. Gun fights, explosions, riots, etc.

What i mean by not accurate is that its not sett in a war torn country & that ain't a Syrian family in the video.
I understand this is a "It could happen to you" video, and i understand its not just about war torn conflicts as you said people are effected by other terrible things on a daily basis. So it could have been more heart warming & more accurate if it was about the very people it claims to want to help.
Sryians.

We live on a planet hurtling through space and we can't all agree! We have long way to go for a Human Revolution.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I always check that site before donating...shocking the amount that doesn't get to the people who need it.
I suggest people check also before giving.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I always check that site before donating...shocking the amount that doesn't get to the people who need it.
I suggest people check also before giving.

i use to give quite a lot before things got tight and until i watched i think it was a 20/20 show that showed on how much gets spent on the charity and not for the people they are helping. there was one that said out of every dollar only 10 cents went to food.

edit on 10-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Personally I donate often, but never to an organization that makes it a business. If one want to help the most they could start by ridding the perpetrators of these heinous acts. I could go out and make a you tube video of a child sleeping in bed and awaken to a loud crash and then find their parents had died to the war machine via drone. No one can tell me that figures of power in our own government don't have filthy hands in 90 percent of the protest and wars today.

Dont just save a child, Save a thousand children by voting the 2 headed war machine out.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Shaiker
Personally I donate often, but never to an organization that makes it a business. If one want to help the most they could start by ridding the perpetrators of these heinous acts. I could go out and make a you tube video of a child sleeping in bed and awaken to a loud crash and then find their parents had died to the war machine via drone. No one can tell me that figures of power in our own government don't have filthy hands in 90 percent of the protest and wars today.

Dont just save a child, Save a thousand children by voting the 2 headed war machine out.

How many children would be saved if only Americans grew the spine to vote outside the two parties... just risked once that there vote was "thrown" away.

You know, tried democracy...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sad thing is we haven't done so the only president that was independent was George Washington, I'm beginning to believe our society just doesn't give a damn who is president. Maybe the rest of the world is beginning to wake up and see we are not going to fix our problem and its clearly getting worse.

Wish people would wake step out of their box and see what we as a nation has become. How many more innocence will be blown up before we realize fundamental terrorism is not the problem, but fundamental oppression and our own governments terrorizing innocence for the the dollar and power.

Back on topic:

The video is true now imagine defense contractors organizing it to spur your support for war in Syria.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm touched by the video. My eyes were already open but this was a great presentation to anyone who doesn't already know.
Personally if I had the money I would do something about wars but I don't.....

Now 1 question.... Why is everything always presented with children?
Homeless die everyday and the government doesn't care.
Children die and its an outrage....
Flight MH370 goes missing and its all about the kids.
Anytime some agenda needs attention they USE KIDS. WHY.. JUST WHY...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You missed the point of the video. It was made to show the reality of war. That no matter where it is people suffer the same no matter what the skin tone is. Most people have no idea about the travesties of war, this PSA was created to show North Americans the truth about these evil wars. Yes it is scary, but it was made that way to get the point across that war is wrong, if you didnt get that from the video then I believe you should go back and watch it again. It doesnt matter what race that child is or the finacial class off their parents means frakk all when your town is being sheld all to hell.

Just think about that.

Oh yeah I got all that ( & I disagree, the video was not to show the reality of war otherwise they'd have used real footage) BUT it looks really bad to me they have to use fake videos. It was a bad fake video too, because they didn't just show horrors that could happen to the children, they sensationalized it for emotionalism - like a movie script on purpose. That is not honest at all. They make you feel for the child first by showing you faked pictures of her growing up & being happy then they throw a bomb or such into the mix - fake shock value.

What they should do instead is use real footage, un-edited unscripted. You don't do dishonest advertising like this then expect people to trust that you are really using the money properly. ( which as you see from my links, this organization doesn't always do.) No different than a fanatic TV evangelist.

The video was also horrible because it was so bland. At the end the girl looked a litle worse for wear but nothing compared to the realities of living in a war zone. If they are going to use a fake video, they should have conveyed true reality better instead of watered down scenes fueled on purpose with emotionalism and sensationalist tactics. One should not have to be brow beat into helping children with such tactics - Aren't children important enough without misusing them in this way? It's simply uncalled for and borders on child exploitation.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

benrl

How many children would be saved if only Americans grew the spine to vote outside the two parties... just risked once that there vote was "thrown" away.

You know, tried democracy...

Would fewer Syrian children die, if I voted for a 3rd party candidate?

What posture regarding foreign military adventures would have saved the Syrian kids? Maybe decreased some Palestinian deaths, by increasing the Israeli ones?....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I thoroughly encourage your efforts in behalf of children.

The globalist oligarchy's treacherous genocidal and cruelly deliberate destructiveness toward children has to be an outrageous stench in God's nose.

I know that certainly the youngest kids are well taken care of Heavenward at their point of death . . . and that the worst of the tortures are infinitely rewarded.

NEVERTHELESS . . . it is still OUTRAGEOUS TO THE MAX.

And may the perpetrators reap what they have sown with intense interest.

Abuse of children and animals--particularly by "leaders" in "high places" has to rank near the top, if not the top, of the worst sins and cruelties that there are.

Children are treasures and deserve to be treated by that way by all they come in contact with--particularly by leaders.

Thanks for posting such a vivid wake-up call.

I hope folks join us in sharing our substance in behalf of children.

The following orgs are heavily involved in the "teach a man to fish" AS WELL AS feeding via donations types of orgs.

Franklin Graham's SAMARITAN'S PURSE also does a lot of great good for such as does

OPERATION BLESSING.

CBN covers 100% of the overhead of OPERATION BLESSING so 100% of the donations get to the end users. And, thankfully, both Samaritan's Purse and OPERATION BLESSING are great for things like water wells, micro-investments and loans creating jobs for parents; schools, medical care etc. that reach millions of children.

SAMARITAN’S PURSE WEBSITE:

www.samaritanspurse.org...

OPERATION BLESSING WEBSITE

www.ob.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join