It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Second a Day Video Will Shock You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Didn't know where to put this but seeing what the video shows I thought it should be here.

It was made by Save the Children.
Eye opening indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Anyone here with kids not hurt by that....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Kid's or not If you are not you aint human.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Images are worth a thousand words.
That video is worth about 7 billion...

Sometimes I think the only way humanity has evolved is that we have found ways to kill each other easier at a distance with no regard for anyone but ourselves.
Good job, Monkey. Im out of bananas but I have four cats that need washing.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is a distressing video and very effective.

Call me insensitive if you like but, it just strikes me as a televangelist would saying "send me your money, or burn in the fires of hell." Same style of fear-mongering in my head.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

It is trying to save kids through shock tactics I agree but I have just donated a fiver and If the video saves a few kids the producers job is done.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Good on you, the reality behind the fiction shouldn't be ignored.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The scary truth of every second of every day and we enable the people making the decisions to do so . Very powerful presentation ..peace

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I Hated this video.

Syria.. funny.. the girl didn't look Syrian to me.. Why don't they show Real footage instead of making up a fake video to scare people into a sense of emotionalism that will make folks give Money.

These guys at SaveTheChildren aren't known lately for taking the moralistic high ground so you better do a lot of research to be sure you want to support these - thieves who ask for money at the expense of the worlds starving children.

Have a look at these for starters.

Save The Children bosses get £160,000 in bonuses as MP calls for greater scrutiny on charity finances

www.dailymail.co.uk... B

It’s an obscene political stunt for Save The Children to equate British families with the starving poor of Africa

www.dailymail.co.uk... 2vZeC8IJd

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

load the " ad hom attacks "
because all I saw was " people don't care unless it happens to middle class white kids " .............. oh wait

PS - a second a day ? the entire clip is only 93 seconds .

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My children are adults but to say this did not bring tears to my eyes would be a lie. It's sad to think that the people we entrust with our countries and our lives have so little regard for human life. That the wars and powers they seek come at the price of our future, our children.

Over the last 10 yrs I have frequently said, if I was younger I would not have any children, I could not in good conscience bring them into this mess that has been created and yet the children are the hope for this planet's future. Sad sad sad.

Thanks Boymonkey it's a eye opener for sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My god...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

It would only be fearmongering if it were not true.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
watched this the other day and i liked the edit, shame the video is not accurate..

I see they are going for that "sympathy dollar"

As Bill hicks said.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

this was posted just acouple days ago already

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

because all I saw was " people don't care unless it happens to middle class white kids " .............. oh wait

It says a "a second a day" not "a second a day for a whole year". It says each second is from a different day. And that's not the point anyway.
edit on 10-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You missed the point of the video. It was made to show the reality of war. That no matter where it is people suffer the same no matter what the skin tone is. Most people have no idea about the travesties of war, this PSA was created to show North Americans the truth about these evil wars. Yes it is scary, but it was made that way to get the point across that war is wrong, if you didnt get that from the video then I believe you should go back and watch it again. It doesnt matter what race that child is or the finacial class off their parents means frakk all when your town is being sheld all to hell.

Just think about that.
edit on 10-3-2014 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

No where does it say how many days. it is 93 seconds long which means the PSA covers 93 days. Race and money mean nothing when you and your family are being gunned down during war.

That is the dumbest comment i have seen this month. Why say something racist? That was uncalled for.
edit on 10-3-2014 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

2manyholes
It's sad to think that the people we entrust with our countries and our lives have so little regard for human life.

I doubt they have "little regard" for human life.

Take a look at Assad, the boogey-man this video is invoking. Yes, he's a monster, but what made him that way? If his team loses control of Syria, his supporters, like the Alawite and Christian enclaves, will be exterminated. People commit atrocities out of desperation, not because they are winning.

Like the Serbs in the break-up of Yugoslavia (although they didn't actually do much exterminating, it turns out; but made the non-serb minorities leave their homelands). The Serbs knew that UN and NATO would favor the non-slavic minority in the Balkans, and force the Serbs out of croatia, bosnia, etc. Which is precisely what happened--- NATO bulldozed catholic churches, so they wouldn't have a "Northern Ireland," and then let the minorities drive the Serb populations out of the area. Serbs knew that NATO planned to create a "Kosovo" of Albanian minorities out of serbia, and have it secede.

In the face of that, what else would serbia do but go on a binge of violence? Since the leveling of religious and cultural areas would not count when the west did it to remove slavs, there's no point in bargaining at that point.

Same with Saddam in Iraq. No one attempted a coup; they supported him to the end. Because without Saddam, or the Americans to referee, the Sunni, Mandaean, and Christian minorities are being wiped out of Iraq by insurgents that the international community is tired of fighting.

So, pretending that "our" leaders (or even "their" leaders) have no regard for life is missing the point. It isn't that they disregard life, the merely want to keep their own. In most of the world, the losers are exterminated.

Or Putin, for that matter. Russia's chance at being a world power is quickly slipping away. The fact that they don't have a single warm-water port is the problem, just as it was for Peter the Great. America is the World's premier naval power. Even if they win the Crimea, our client (Turkey) still controls the Bosporus; even if they took the Bosporus, or client (the UK) still controls Gibraltar. Russia has about 5 years to step up, or break up.

So Putin is going for broke. He doesn't hold life in disregard. He thinks he's avoiding future war.....

So do his opponents.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Fisherr
watched this the other day and i liked the edit, shame the video is not accurate..

I see they are going for that "sympathy dollar"

As Bill hicks said.

Could you prove this video is not accurate? I'm sure there are plenty of children in Syria who are going through this every day, if not worse. Honestly, there's people in America who go through some of this. Gun fights, explosions, riots, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join