It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A farewell to religion.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Because I don't want them to burn eternally?

I always thought that part was obvious.

People make it sound like we're doing something sinister by trying to get people saved, why is that?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Okay. You seem a nice enough person..

Because I don't want them to burn eternally?
You don't want them to burn eternally - very compassionate and admirable.

I always thought that part was obvious.

Well,
it's not. I know there are people who genuinely think that their mission is to save the unbelievers - such as the Westboro Baptist Church....or the guy who stands outside our civic center with his bullhorn and banner threatening Hell while people are waiting to get in....

It looks most often to be a condemnation/coercion. It's bullying.
"SAY THIS or else....'m tellinya now.....
if you don't SAY THIS well screw you then.....burn!"

People make it sound like we're doing something sinister by trying to get people saved, why is that?

Does that sound like an inviting approach to you?
Now you know why.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't agree with those methods of getting people saved, yet I revert to what I said earlier. If you don't believe in it, how can it possibly be threatening?

Bullying with..... empty words? If that's how you feel, ignore them and move on!

Annoying, surely.

Again, I don't agree with those methods, people have a right to go about their daily business without getting accosted, and it's kind of wrong for people to approach it in that manner.

Again though, this happens to be a "Religion, Faith, and Theology" forum.

Furthermore, I might go a bit further to say that alot of people believe in a works based salvation. Do good = go to heaven.
The Bible basically says that if you want to rely on the law for your salvation, then you're held accountable for the ENTIRE law.

edit on 12-3-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I don't agree with those methods of getting people saved, yet I revert to what I said earlier. If you don't believe in it, how can it possibly be threatening?

Go back, my friend, and look at your posts in this thread alone:
FEAR OF GOD and hell
You are telling people that they MUST believe it or fear god and go to hell.
You didn't notice that?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Again though, this happens to be a "Religion, Faith, and Theology" forum.

It does do.

That means discussing religion(s), faith(s) and theology....not condemning other posters (preaching).

NE way......

I'm out for today. Sunshine to soak in, thoughts to think, beer to drink....

Take care, gentle soul.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I feel threatened because the believers think it is real and will do anything to prove it.
People are trying to bring about the end of times, many foam at the mouth thinking of it and to think we have had Prime ministers and presidents asking God whether they should goto war.
That is bat# crazy...what happens when they ask "shall we press the big red button"....

Any religion with an end of times BS crap in is evil towards the spirit of humanity.

HUMANITY FTW!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about having a discussion in a Religion, Faith and Theology forum.

I'm talking about the people you mentioned, the Westboro guys, and the dude in front of your civic center.

Everyone that has come into this thread has already heard the Gospel, they've just not believed it. Bring the Word, if it isn't received, explain that God created the universe, and that there are consequences for the bad things you do in life, and that without salvation you are dead in your sin. I'm not ranting and raving and screaming about hellfire and damnation. I'm calmly explaining what the Bible says.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What you say simply isn't true. Bible believing Christians are not trying to bring about end times prophecy, that's just absurd.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I feel threatened because the believers think it is real and will do anything to prove it.
People are trying to bring about the end of times, many foam at the mouth thinking of it and to think we have had Prime ministers and presidents asking God whether they should goto war.
That is bat# crazy...what happens when they ask "shall we press the big red button"....

Any religion with an end of times BS crap in is evil towards the spirit of humanity.

HUMANITY FTW!!!

YES THAT!!

(Sorry, said I was leaving and saw this as I was logging off and failed to not respond)......*noob waves with tail tucked*

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Bible believing Christians are not trying to bring about end times prophecy, that's just absurd.

Ok dammit. I'm tryin to log off here!!! LOL

aherm....
Do you not know who John Hagee is? They are definitely trying to do.

Perhaps you should look into it a bit further.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

John Hagee? He isn't a Bible believing Christian! He's a false prophet.

In his book "In Defense of Israel" he says :

"The Jews did not reject Jesus as his Messiah because Jesus did not come to be the Messiah."

That's straight up false doctrine! He says that Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah.

Let's see what the Bible says :

John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

So Jesus himself claimed to be the Messiah, yet John Hagee says he is not.

John Hagee is not a Bible believing Christian, and those who read and study the Bible know this...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

graphuto

John Hagee? He isn't a Bible believing Christian! He's a false prophet.

In his book "In Defense of Israel" he says :

"The Jews did not reject Jesus as his Messiah because Jesus did not come to be the Messiah."

That's straight up false doctrine! He says that Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah.

Let's see what the Bible says :

John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

So Jesus himself claimed to be the Messiah, yet John Hagee says he is not.

John Hagee is not a Bible believing Christian, and those who read and study the Bible know this...

uhhm... Maybe you should look into why the Jews reject Jesus before you make such statements...

Its not false doctrine, its completely true

According to the OT Jesus is not the Jewish messiah...

Get to reading brother...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Jesus says otherwise.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

graphuto
reply to post by Akragon

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Jesus says otherwise.

I agree... so who do you believe?

The OT or Jesus... they contradict each other on so many aspects of your religion...

but this is a major one

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Rep. Michele Bachmann
Pat Robertson
Billy Graham
Jerry Falwell

To name a few who want it to happen, many have a soapbox for millions.

Seeing how many believe in the rapture (utter nonsense btw) and just reading certain members on ATS views on it they can't wait.
You may be a good one who doesn't want it to end but your book says Christ will return after the end.

christianity.net.au...

Dead Christian Zombies coming back from the dead etc....all nonsense.
What will happen I fear is a nut religious idiot brings about world war uses the nukes and waits for Christ to return....he doesn't, no new earth just the radioactive wasteland they have brought about.

So only Christians get saved? pity for the people born in different cultures eh? who like you fell for their regions BS lies so they don't go but you will.....Don't the Jews say the same? and the Muslims? so what makes you so sure that you have the right one?.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I thought Christ meant "anointed one", and if you say Messias is the same as Christ, then that's just means that, "anointed one". If what I heard about it is true ofcourse. I just googled it and it says the following: the Greek translation for Christ is anointed one.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You don't need a bible or any book to become guided by spirit, yet the bible is a good book for when you are.

You talk about people from other cultures and such, assuming they cannot be Christian. Let's assume a Christian is one with Spirit. Then anyone anywhere can become Christian without the bible. Own spiritual experiences.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The bible isn't about an end of times, it's about a new earth.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well that's quite reassuring...however I've watched videos of huge auditoriums full of people calling for triggering the Apocalypse...

I've heard of this thing they call the new apostolic reformation and they do demons and prayers to banish and scans for demonic influence and believe they prayed Mother Teresa to death. They want the US to become a theocracy.

You do realize that the USA was not founded as a Christian nation. Right??

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well, it sort of was. The whole thing was due to Catholicism and Protestantism. Real, Bible believing Christians wanted to get away from the evil Catholics, so they started a country where they could practice their true religion freely.

But yes, I do understand that Religion and Politics are separated and that we aren't to be governed by religion.
edit on 12-3-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join