It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video I took, Fractal nature of galactic spiral in a Slo Motion firework

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So while on holiday in Sri Lanka where fireworks are legal and celebrated I tend to indulge the child in me by lighting a few fireworks with my cousin from Canada.

I had recently purchased the Samsung Note 3 and was well impressed with the camera and its features not least of which its ability to shoot in very fast 120fps. Enough about the phone what I really look for in nature are fractals. Im obsessed with them. Ever since I saw an Arthur C Clark documentary on the fingerprint of god the Mandelbrot set I have been spell bound by not only the simplistic design and yet complexity of the set and fractals in general but the over arching connections between nature and the multiple facets of its inter connectedness.

Anyway upon playing back the video I was blown away by how much the spinning fiery disk looked like a time lapse of a fast spinning galaxy. I hope you guys find it as fascinating as I, sometime we really do miss the forest for the trees.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Can you reverse it?

Then it would be going the right way for a galaxy.

Pretty though either way!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Hmm not sure if I can reverse the video im using an android app called androvid to merge the 2 clips and slow it down a further 50% it doesnt seem to have a reverse effect.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What's worth pointing out is the sparks, if you think of them as stars the "stars" fly off in all directions due to momentum and leave the "galaxy" yet this does not happen with a real galaxy. This is why another force must be holding things together. Dark matter.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

welshreduk
What's worth pointing out is the sparks, if you think of them as stars the "stars" fly off in all directions due to momentum and leave the "galaxy" yet this does not happen with a real galaxy. This is why another force must be holding things together. Dark matter.

Indeed a very astute observation.

The matter spinning around the super massive black hole seems to hold all thing in bay but still have enough force to push galaxies apart. The only thing that makes sense is an electric universe where even the galaxies have a charge and the like charges push away and unlike attract.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Biigs

Im curious.. which direction do you think a Galaxy spins? I would have thought it would be the direction of the trailing arms. since the the outer edges are moving the slowest means the middle is spinning the most.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd

Biigs

Im curious.. which direction do you think a Galaxy spins? I would have thought it would be the direction of the trailing arms. since the the outer edges are moving the slowest means the middle is spinning the most.

Sorry i meant that the "stars" would be going the right way, aka: towards the center not away from it

top topics

join