It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

update = M6.9 - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

live right near Eureka and this quake was not bad at all. Everyone I have talked to locally thought it was a 4.0 or there abouts. If you have friends or family in the area and are worried about them, you can know all is well. This was far off shore and not a big deal.

www.latimes.com...
< br />
Looking forward to hear any ATSers account of this quake off the coast of Eureka/Ferndale. Apparently it was felt in OR too but the above is the only input I could find online at the moment. I'm surprised the individual emphasized it was far off shore and not a big deal.

Slammed conjured up images of Tidal waves and epicenters on land in the Los Angeles (or Bay) area a couple hours ago when I saw the other thread =/

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Have you been reading the first-hand accounts of the members on ATS? I am thinking some of them would agree with the 'slammed'. Why are we fixated on that??

A 6.9 is a large quake. The OP of the other thread you seem to have an issue with was watching the quake happen live and could tell that it was large. I don't think we need to get caught up on it.

I experienced a 6.7 quake (Nisqually quake) and I can tell you that it is quite a ride. So is a 6.0, which I also experienced in LA.

Now if I ever see the term 'demolished' or 'destroyed' or 'flattened' in one of TA's threads I'll get concerned.

There have been nearly a dozen after-shocks. Hopefully we'll see a downward trend and that is the end of this.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

hi Nyiah... thanks for the input... for the record i started this thread, not Gardener... AND i asked for it to be closed....
due to True American thread, which was FIRST, albeit only just...AND HE/SHE IS THERE...i am in another hemisphere...!!!

seeya
edit on 10/3/2014 by shaneR because: fact check

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

hi TrueAmerican...thanx for popping in... your thread on this WAS first and this one should be closed... simple...

keep us posted on the aftershocks...

thanx again

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thread closed, please continue the discussion on the original thread for this topic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join