It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheist Church Is Set to Launch in Several New Cities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

no way are they athiests, I thought that atheists were against religion period. These people sound more like the are confused could they be agnostics. A real Atheist would not go to something like that... that is what sets us apart.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Here is a short video on this 'church'.

For perspective.

Just seems like some silly people poking fun.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

That's exactly what it seems like, poking fun and mockery. This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard of for a while, with quite nasty undertones.

ETA: Sorry OP, not directed at you, S&F for bringing it here

edit on 10-3-2014 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Religion deserves mockery.
It ia disgusting and againat humanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sorry on phone.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Monkey fingers and phones just don't go together, I guess!
Well I won't argue that religion has caused misery and suffering, but mocking other people doesn't really make me want to agree with the so called 'atheists' in that video. Unfortunately it just makes me think they're idiots.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

TXRabbit
Athiesm IS a religion. Choosing to believe something that counters others beliefs is still..believing. Isn't that the basis of a religion?

They're just pissed that they can't get tax-breaks, hence the folks pushing this 'lack of belief' in fact, do believe in something....the almighty ($$$)

A belief system isn't a religion. More goes into a religion than just what you believe spiritually. That goes for atheists and theists alike.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

BWHAHAHA that was pretty funny. That dude was excited for sure

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I will let a better speaker than me say how I feel about the evil of religion.

Well said Chris.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Ergo turning atheism into a religion is just...daft.
I think you've got a good heart, boymonkey. I just don't like to see others being mocked for their beliefs, even if I don't agree with those beliefs. I'm a softy!

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I used to be like that also

If those people kept their religion in the home or the church I wouldn't have a problem but they do not, they try and put it in government, schools and in the public view.
When you get threatened when you speak out against religion you tend to fight back.
Oh and Iam not an atheist

edit on 10-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: bloody spell checker and dyslexia

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Silly but I'd go a couple times if one opened up near me.

It is good to try and understand people. Maybe it isn't about hatred and closed mindedness as many believe and if it is....well hey then knowing all about them can be beneficial.

If they are the enemy as many people see them then knowing all about them can help overcome and conquer them. Or maybe you go and you find out they give interesting lectures on science so either way it's a win win

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Remember kids, Atheism isn't bordering on the ridiculous or resembling a religion, because atheists say so. The next time a Christian argues with you about the origins of the universe, just say "#&!$ you! I have a church too!" and your position will be succinctly validated. Your complete faith in the absence of a deity is better than those simpletons and their complete faith in the presence of one, so WHY NOT CELEBRATE YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN GOD BY GOING TO CHURCH.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Haha

Will dawkins be there messiah?

Will they have little statued of him? Stain glass windows of the flying spagheti monster?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As an Agnostic I would no more want to go an 'atheist church' than I would want to go to any other religious place of worship - the idea is simply ridiculous.

I know I'm in danger of repeating myself but I find some Atheists as dogmatic, close minded and evangelistic as some Theists - quite worrying.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I absolutely cannot believe that people are falling for this alien agenda!! For Gods sake I wish people weren't so gullible!

I am no Bible basher, but I believe in something. I am just not sure who or what God is! I am sure God won't mind that, who ever he is.
However the Humanists, who believe in nothing and try and convince us of nothing are of something themselves.

Confused? We must believe in something to survive, we must have dreams, something to keep the old grey matter going or we would be sterile ... that's exactly what they want us to be STERILE!! Might take a few generations, but imagine the consequences?

1984 - George Orwell or The Prisoner???

As a little tot, I was upset to find out one day that my Dad was going to chop down our apple tree. He said it was old and warn out and diseased and not giving us apples. Upset I went down the garden and hugged the tree and told it Daddy was going to chop it down. I told my Dad and he laughed and said ok if it gives us apples this autumn he would leave it. Yes I know its funny, but I told the tree that too.
Sure enough that autumn my wonderful apple tree gave us an abundance of cooking apples! My Dad was stunned and put it down to coincidence. But, was it coincidence? You need to have some kind of belief system in your heart or there is no point in living and there would be no point to love. hx

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If they called it Atheist Convention, there would no problem.

Damn problem starters!

Anyway, im pretty sure its for the tax benefit.

We can let the priest/minister to be the only one that get to drive 120k Benz.

link   

I know the services aren't for everybody, but there are many atheists who would love to attend a celebration of life like this, one that looks and feels like church and does without any of the fiction and superstition.
www.patheos.com...

There could be a benefit where people can come to agreements, not encumbered by conflicting loyalties to different deity representations.
edit on 10-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by happinness

Humanists do more for people than religious they think about the here and now and actual people instead of a man made version of god.
Iam not against spirituality, Iam very spiritual and have a relationship with god but will I use that to convert others? no. Will I use it to make money? no. (read the 2nd book of the Bible you must give money to the priests or go to hell).
It is organized religion which is wrong and anti human.
Oh and what alien agenda?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

TXRabbit
Athiesm IS a religion. Choosing to believe something that counters others beliefs is still..believing. Isn't that the basis of a religion?

..($$$)

This is oh-so-wrong! Choosing NOT to believe is atheism. Any other way to see atheism is a way to speak negatively about it, usually used by the churches to discredit non-believers.

bummer, kinda sucks don't it?

oh well, maybe some day you will understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join