It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world without religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

I have heard that argument many times before. It's irrelevant whether he was a "true Christian". He believed he was. He believed his actions were justified via that faith. This is about the moral ramifications of religious belief. That is the discussion is it not?

What I find interesting is how you religious folk will often bring up these examples of tyrants and claim it was in the name of atheism as if you know it absolutely, and then dismiss, just as you did, Hitler and other religious tyrants by claiming they are not what they said they were. That's a little self-serving isn't it?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Your reply was filled with assumptions that I'm not even going to dignify with a response.

As far as your second paragraph, who exactly are you talking to?I'm sure these are topics that you have spent a great deal of time going over in your own mind, and seem to be sensitive to, but I know that I haven't brought them up in this thread.

Hitler definitely wasn't an Atheist.
Hitler definitely wasn't a Christian.

Read, dude.

H.Himmler
O.Gahr
O.Rahn
H.Blavatsky

The Reich/SS were stepped in Theosophical beliefs.
Occult.

Don't believe me, go and do your own research.
Or you can take Hitler at face value and believe he was a Christian, never looking more into that which confirms your bias.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Don't believe me, go and do your own research.

Read, dude.

I have. I read the Mein Kampf entirely.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is an atheist not a proud follower of a religion, or a religious belief or non belief still a passionate belief? A belief in anything could potentially be a religion in its own self belief system or its adoption of people to form a belief, a religion= Belief?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingle

If the definition for religion is simply having a belief then sure.

Believing the Sun will one day die is a religion then. What shall we call it?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Fingle

If the definition for religion is simply having a belief then sure.

Believing the Sun will one day die is a religion then. What shall we call it?

call it science?

2nd line might not be necessary?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by oktopus

I believe the unbeliever is controlled by religion.

Elaborate on that point.

I can elaborate on this from personal experience.

Lets take The Christian Religion as example. Since I was conditioned to a small minded dualistic version of Christian Faith where it is the priests small minded thinking or hell I believed that is what the Jesus in the bible was teaching. That made me reject all religions and spirituality since I believed everything was blind dogma due to the crappy version of Christian Faith I was exposed to. I now have read both Buddha and Jesus and see that on a Meta level they are philosophically describing/"pointing at" the same thing.

So Christians who are logically stuck in duality views (this dogma or hell) cannot teach me about non duality from Jesus perspective since they have not even figured out that he is talking about non duality and oneness with god on a Meta level.

The believers of a faith is controlling by their lack of higher level understanding how the unbeliever will reject the source of the faith even if the source hold great wisdom that the follower of the faith do not even understand.
edit on 12-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join