It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion as Governments Binge Spend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
According the Bank for International Settlements, global debts worldwide have increased 40% since 2007 to over $100 Trillion.

Massive to say the least.

Apparently the only way to stop a full meltdown is to keep issuing more and more "controlled" debt.

What happens when we see an endless-loop full circle ponzi pyramid chain-letter scheme break ?

How long can this go on ?

What happens when they raise interest rates ?

The amount of debt globally has soared more than 40 percent to $100 trillion since the first signs of the financial crisis as governments borrowed to pull their economies out of recession and companies took advantage of record low interest rates, according to the Bank for International Settlements.

The $30 trillion increase from $70 trillion between mid-2007 and mid-2013 compares with a $3.86 trillion decline in the value of equities to $53.8 trillion in the same period, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The jump in debt as measured by the Basel, Switzerland-based BIS in its quarterly review is almost twice the U.S.’s gross domestic product.

Borrowing has soared as central banks suppress benchmark interest rates to spur growth after the U.S. subprime mortgage market collapsed and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.’s bankruptcy sent the world into its worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Yields on all types of bonds, from governments to corporates and mortgages, average about 2 percent, down from more than 4.8 percent in 2007, according to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Broad Market Index.

Global Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion as Governments Binge, BIS Says

[ world debt clocks ]
It seems every major country is in deep debt

edit on Mar-09-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The point is to crash to consolidate.

First into smaller unions with the intention of failing. They will bail out their countrys within the unions then you will see a global collapse then bigger unions forming.

Its all part of the plan or the banks would stop lending.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So the entire planet is $100 trillion in debt. In debt to whom? Why is the whole world in debt to a handful of people? Who gave them the keys to the earth? This system is a joke, and they know it. Laughing all the way to the banks they themselves created, spending money they print at will, while enslaving the human race with interest rates on debts we will never be able to pay back. Must be nice to issue currency out of thin air and then demand to be paid back interest for it after you "lend" it out.

The best part about it? They drill it into our heads from the time we are young that this is the only way it can work. There are no better systems. This is as good as it gets. You just have to play by the rules and accept the way it is.

edit on 9-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Is this just interest money. Interest is money not really there and can never be repaid. Interest is money out of thin air. Anyone can do it. I can lend you $10 and charge interest and want $11 paid back. That one dollar was never made and although I might get paid it somewhere along the line its not going to be there. Does a crash clean up the interest.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Quantitative Easing will print us into a hyperinflation. Then it won't matter how many zeros there are out there. Everyone will make a gazillion dollars an hour…

Poof goes the trillions of debt.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

The problem is when I lend you $10 and charge you $1 interest, then go out and lend 1000 other people $10 and charge them interest too, and then leverage that unpaid debt as an asset to boost my own holdings by claiming I have more money than I really do. I could never see that interest paid back, but it doesn't matter if I am able to leverage it as an asset which is worth something and then turn around and make even more money on the interest I am owed (which is what banks do). It's a joke. It's economic comedy, and we're the ones being laughed at.

Then, when we all default on the debt from the magical currency that is generated out of thin air, they can simply turn around and claim real world assets that actually have value, like land and resources or personal valuables, and turn around and do it all over again. The whole thing is a scam. A global $*!#ing ponzi scheme.
edit on 9-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
So the entire planet is $100 trillion in debt. In debt to whom? Why is the whole world in debt to a handful of people?

Those people should be considered terrorists, they're bringing the entire world to its knees.
If a few rebels get out of control in another country our leaders want to go to war against them, yet a few scumbags can rape the entire planet and our leaders HELP them!!!

Wake up people!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It isn't really debt as there is not really anyone owning the debt. It is a newly fabricated way of hiding inflation. If everyone believes it it will form the reality we live in. To me it is living a lie, and you need to be really smart to lie and get away with it or you shove your lie down the throat of anyone challenging it and make them choke to death. Nothing has changed in thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What is interesting about this is countries like Cuba that have learned to self sustain...not saying they are perfect but they do self sustain....will succeed. Imagine a huge global crash...I think places like New Zealand, Cuba, Norway will do well....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hi OP. This amazes me too. About every country in the world is now going around thanks to endless money creation and so called borrowing. In addition to this everything that makes a world marked is now manipulated and fixed to prevent everything from breaking up.

What amazes me though, is how arrogant the world establishment is acting , and one does not know whether one should laugh or cry when one reads in the newspapers that the totally broke world is going to lend endless amounts of money to the broke Ukraine. That’s pretty much the same as the blind helping the lame to cross the street.

How the heck can one keep on lending endless amounts of money to broke countries when the all the lenders themselves are broke?

But I am however not a socioeconomist so i would probably never understand. My brother in law is however one. When I discuss economy with him he is like a magician. If he speaks long enough and uses sufficient difficult words, he can make one plus one to become everything (except two). If this is the economy that the world economists are following to save the world, then we are definitely doomed.

edit on 9-3-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer

What is interesting about this is countries like Cuba that have learned to self sustain...not saying they are perfect but they do self sustain....will succeed. Imagine a huge global crash...I think places like New Zealand, Cuba, Norway will do well....

They operate on debt also.

Small because they are small.

Cuba imports ($14 billion) more than 2x what they export ($6 billion) [2012]

Cuba is just as much a bust out country than anybody else.

Cuba Economy 2013

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
its not the debt thats so bad
its the reset

they have continuity of government and banking
but they don't have continuity of people

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

$100 Trillion does sound pretty bad... until you look at unfunded liabilities and it dwarfs the simple debt.

The federal unfunded liabilities are catastrophic for future taxpayers and economic growth. At usdebtclock.org, federal unfunded liabilities are estimated at near $127 trillion Link

And this is just the US. It's also the reason they are pushing MyRA and will most likely make it mandatory in the future.

When this house of cards comes down it'll make 1929 look like a picnic.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The house of cards isnt going to collapse sorry to ruin your doom mongering.

Its a move into a new currency.

Sorry to ruin everyones fun but its the truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The house of cards isnt going to collapse sorry to ruin your doom mongering.

Its a move into a new currency.

Sorry to ruin everyones fun but its the truth.

Oh yeah, this baby's comin' down. And wait until we try to pay off China, etc with those new Obamabucks. I can hear the laughter from here.

Sure the banksters want a one world global currency but do you have any idea of what a global financial reset is going to do to people? I have to wonder. Here's a picture of what our upcoming "reset" new money will look like.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Does anyone know where all this money goes to, that all these countries are indebted to? I don't buy the idea that the money is scattered all over the place. Break it down into hillbilly for me, even though I'm not a hillbilly. I guess the simple answer is China, but I personally don't think that the answer is that obvious.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Who do they owe it too? well it is me and Iam calling it all in cos I wanna build my inter galactic spaceship...oh and only the hotties are allowed to come and have a go on my joystick.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm assuming that your joystick is part of your vintage Atari console.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I got one in the loft right next to my sinclair spectrum

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I had to google Sinclair Spectrum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join