It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a new cell phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm thinking about a phone upgrade and was wondering if anybody has a suggestion or some input. I have an iPhone 4S now and it's getting tired and I want a bigger screen. I have had no trouble with Apple but their screen is smaller than I want. The galaxy 4 is pretty popular now and looks great but I don't know much about them. What does the ats crowd think?
And don't turn this into a apple sucks thread, I don't want to know why you hate apple. Just tell us what you are using now and why you like it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
galaxy s4 is good .. nice screen size , fast , great sound on music w bt headset also good video play , or galaxy tab 3 good as well .

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My husband's is a Note II. He uses it a lot at work for it's note-taking capacity in meetings and the like, and he really likes the styles there, especially when he's forgotten his planner. We also use the video streaming ability to show our son videos when we are out to eat and he starts getting restless with waiting.

He also likes being able flip it on its side to use the keyboard for typing. It doesn't feel cramped because of it's size.

We also bought an OtterBox with belt clip basically because he was coming off having a BlackBerry with a belt clip, and he likes to joke that between the two it's big enough to double as a dinner plate in a pinch.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

ketsuko
My husband's is a Note II. He uses it a lot at work for it's note-taking capacity in meetings and the like, and he really likes the styles there, especially when he's forgotten his planner. We also use the video streaming ability to show our son videos when we are out to eat and he starts getting restless with waiting.

He also likes being able flip it on its side to use the keyboard for typing. It doesn't feel cramped because of it's size.

We also bought an OtterBox with belt clip basically because he was coming off having a BlackBerry with a belt clip, and he likes to joke that between the two it's big enough to double as a dinner plate in a pinch.

Came from a 4s myself op.

Had the note 2 and now have the note 3. Awesome phone. Great camera ui. Use it at work for my square cc transactions and the stylus makes card signatures a blast.

After running a phone this fast with the size screen i find myself neglecting my Ipad and 7" tablet.

The new HTC looks brilliant, the galaxy s5 tough and for once more practical/less gimmicky and Sony has a plethora of wicked awesome flagship phones.

I stay in tune on techradar.com for the latest reviews and news on current and upcoming phones.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have a Motorola Droid Razr HD.
The battery lasts forever, you can play games or watch movies all day. If I just use it as normal, I don't have to charge it for a few days. There's also a Droid Razor Maxx HD with even longer battery life.
It's extremely durable; drop it, step on it, get it wet, it'll be fine. The glass is really hard to scratch or break and it has some sort of nano-coating to protect against water. I've dropped it pretty hard a few times and you wouldn't even know.
The display looks great, especially with a 720p resolution.
Basically it has everything you want in a good cell phone.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I left apple for an htc one and never looked back.

Bigger screen, 4 processors, front facing stereo speakers and it looks better than any other phone out there.

join