<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The picture below says it all really

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
But but but...it was exceptionally cold in the USA (aka the only place in the world that matters). Therefore, global warming is a fraud!

In all seriousness, nice infographic. Puts the record temperatures and wildfires experienced this summer in an eye-pleasing manner.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

Haha, gotta love how cos it's cold in America, the whole world HAS to be cooling not warming....

BTW Colder winters were also predicted by unpopular old Mr Gore in his inconvenient truth video. In particular, North America's eastern seaboard and Europe's western seaboard are vulnerable because of the North Atlantic current, which is faltering at the moment.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The US must be the only place that matters. They get blamed for everything.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

markosity1973

BTW Colder winters were also predicted by unpopular old Mr Gore in his inconvenient truth video. In particular, North America's eastern seaboard and Europe's western seaboard are vulnerable because of the North Atlantic current, which is faltering at the moment.

Ha! The global warming crowd have covered just about every kind of weather!
"Its hot so proof of global warming"
"Its cold so proof of global warming"
"Its.... insert ANYTHING here...so proof of global warming"

Here's a question for all the believers - What would the weather be like if there's no global warming???

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ha! The global warming crowd have covered just about every kind of weather!
"Its hot so proof of global warming"
"Its cold so proof of global warming"
"Its.... insert ANYTHING here...so proof of global warming"
reply to post by VoidHawk

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I would only add that in 2006 Al Gore gave a speech in which he said that Arctic Ice would be gone by 2013.

Just to give you a laugh here is an honest to god article title from Al Gore and his wing nuts....

More ice than last year is still bad news for the Arctic...

Source

You can't make this stuff up....LOL
Nicely played.

edit on 9-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Climate Council report: More than 150 weather records broken last summer
reply to post by markosity1973

4406 U.S. record cold temperatures in January ALONE 1073 Snowfall records

See....I can do it too.
edit on 9-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's been winter in North America and North America has set cold records.

It's been summer in Australia and Australia has set heat records.

I'm missing the controversy. We used to call it science and expected result?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Its not just the US which has seen record cold temperatures.

Climate change brings colder winters to Europe and Asia.

Without a doubt, extreme cold-winter events have become more frequent across Eurasia in recent years, and climate scientists have been rather taken by surprise: frozen winters in Eurasia were not predicted by climate models.

Many argue its just a result of long term weather patterns.

Others say that our weather is mainly dependent on the sun.

But I think most of us can agree that there is something strange going on with regards to the whole "climate change" agenda.

edit on 9-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Not by 2013 (obviously) but within the next few decades.

The new sea ice record was set on August 26, 2012, a full three weeks before the usual end of the melting season, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center. A comprehensive collection of sea ice graphs shows the full story. Satellite records of sea ice extent date back to 1979, though a 2011 study by Kinnard et al. shows that the Arctic hasn't seen a melt like this for at least 1,450 years (see a more detailed article on this over at skepticalscience.com. www.wunderground.com...

Al Gore was trying to get a point across. I don't recall him saying it would all be gone by 2013. I recall him saying "this is how it could be". He was working from scientific models and giving a voice to concerned scientists. I for one commend him for doing that.

Activists have a bad name only because they are generalized (a few are extreme so they are all ridiculous). If it weren't for people who actually pay attention and study our ecosystems where would we be? No gorillas, no redwoods, out of control whale killing, etc. With climate - it will impact everything - not just a single species or system - so it should be taken even more seriously. Climate change is happening - it is what it is, and we should stop arguing about it and figure out how/if we can slow it down and how the planet might look in the next several decades.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
oz likely has the same problem as the south west us
cyclic drought
makes it seem warmer
antarctic ice is at record levels

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

the models all showd temperature rises beyond anything we have actually experinced no matter what numbers you put in
mathmeticians proved this years ago
and summer melt of ice
no one cares
its winter ice

Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 – Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal
Read the Full Article

Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 – Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal

sunshinehours.wordpress.com...

A quick update for sea ice extent:
Global Sea Ice is 93,000 sq km below the 1981-2010 mean. That is 0.5% below “normal”
Antarctic Sea Ice is 706,000 sq km above the 1981-2010 mean. That is 25% above ”normal”. Antarctic Sea Ice Extent actually rose 38,000 sq km from day 46 to day 47. Minimum could be near.
Arctic Sea Ice is 799,000 sq km below the 1981-2010 mean. That is 5.25% below “normal”.
Graphs below. Click for bigger.

www.climatedepot.com...

5 percent is nothing compared to the plus 25 percent in antarctica

the sunspot people are the ones that have been actually calling the climate correctly the last ten or so years
they say mini ice age
the same amount of sunspots in this cycle as in previous cold spells

The Maunder Minimum (also known as the prolonged sunspot minimum) is the name used for the period roughly spanning 1645 to 1715 when sunspots became exceedingly rare, as noted by solar observers of the time.

The concept became notable after John A. Eddy published a landmark 1976 paper in Science titled "The Maunder Minimum".[1] Astronomers before Eddy had also named the period after the solar astronomer Edward W. Maunder (1851-1928) who studied how sunspot latitudes changed with time.[2] The periods he examined included the second half of the 17th century. Edward Maunder published two papers in 1890 and 1894, and he cited earlier papers written by Gustav Spörer.

Like the Dalton Minimum and Spörer Minimum, the Maunder Minimum coincided with a period of lower-than-average global temperatures.

During one 30-year period within the Maunder Minimum, astronomers observed only about 50 sunspots, as opposed to a more typical 40,000-50,000 spots in modern times.[citation needed]

www.princeton.edu...
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This graph below clearly shows the gradual rise in temperature during Aussie summers.
As you can see the real trouble has started in the 1950's. Pollution is only part of the problem, the thousands of atomic weapons tested (some being huge ones in our atmosphere) have caused permanent damage too.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's been winter in North America and North America has set cold records.
All time records, or monthly/daily records? Know what I mean?

It's been summer in Australia and Australia has set heat records.
All time records or monthly/daily records? Know what I mean?

To clarify, what I mean is, weather is not the same thing as climate.

This winter the lowest temperature in North America (exclude Alaska, which was actually quite "warm" as far as Alaska goes) was in Minnesota (-35ºF), the lowest all time recorded temperature in Minnesota was -60ºF in 1996. That's quite a difference.
www.bbc.com...
usatoday30.usatoday.com...

See, what's happening is that we are seeing fewer all time low records and more all time high records. Doesn't that sort of cause a raising of eyebrows? Fewer lows, more highs...hint, hint.

You really don't think things are warming up?
edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Drought is a frequent visitor in Australia. The Australian Bureau of Meteorology describes the typical rainfall over much of the continent as “not only low, but highly erratic.” Over the last decade, drought has dominated Australian weather. Between 2007 and 2009, the southeastern states of Victoria and New South Wales endured three years of drought, that broke only when La Niña rains drenched the region in late 2010.

The decade’s drought history is obvious in the cycling between years where the images are dominated by shades of green (2000, 2003, 2005, 2010) and years dominated by shades of brown (2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011). While the overall pattern in any given year is generally unmistakable, there are localized differences in how crops responded to the climate each year. These differences could have numerous causes, from local rainfall to variability in the drought-tolerance of an area’s predominant crop. At the individual field level, a brown or green patch in a single year could indicate a crop that was struggling or flourishing, but it could also reflect a management decision to plant or harvest at a different time, or to leave a field fallow.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

addon to above post

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Pollution is only part of the problem, the thousands of atomic weapons tested (some being huge ones in our atmosphere) have caused permanent damage too.

That would depend on what you mean by pollution. If you're talking about typical industrial and automobile emissions, they actually have a cooling effect. If you're talking about CO2, yes, you're right.

But atmospheric atomic tests did not have much of any effect on climate.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I read the article. The article speaks of old sea ice versus new sea ice. It's too complex to get into as I'm heading off to sleep but it explains the increases in the beginning and then goes on to explain what this means in the scheme of things. In your article it said about the same thing - in spite of short term increases it is still declining.

Your articles conclusions.

But as the ice volume and ice extent graphs show, natural fluctuations in the climate mean sea ice cover can rise and fall from one year to the next while still being in long term decline. When Arctic sea ice reaches its annual low in a few weeks time, it will still be well below average, and certainly more worrying than terms like 'rebound' would suggest.

www.carbonbrief.org...

My articles conclusions.

Arctic sea ice has been melting at break-neck speeds in the past few decades, driven by warming air temperature, warming ocean water temperature, and new, extreme weather patterns, all of which are caused by or accelerated by man-made climate change. Unfortunately, melting sea ice is a slippery slope—once it starts, it's hard to reverse, and even under normal climate conditions would take centuries to reestablish. The lack of bright white ice on the dark ocean surface is leading to a temperature increase that likely extends beyond the borders of the Arctic, and a breakdown of the polar vortex, which is so critical in maintaining a cold, ice-conducive atmosphere at the pole. Models suggest sea ice will disappear by 2100, but most Arctic sea ice experts are calling for an summertime ice-free Arctic by 2030

www.wunderground.com...

Whether the sun or position this is really happening and I truly don't think we can dispute what scientists are telling us.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Danbones
oz likely has the same problem as the south west us
cyclic drought
makes it seem warmer
antarctic ice is at record levels

While it's that Australia in particular is extremely vulnerable to drought, here in South Australia, described as 'ground zero' in the angry summer conditions, we are not in a state of drought believe it or not. In fact after the horrendous run of 5 days over 42 degrees we had a drop of 20 degrees and an ex cyclone come through and dump an insane amount of rain on us. (Not that anyone was complaining)

However, yes it has returned to the Eastern states. Link

This is only a short time since the drought of 2010 ended.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

With climate - it will impact everything - not just a single species or system - so it should be taken even more seriously. Climate change is happening - it is what it is, and we should stop arguing about it and figure out how/if we can slow it down and how the planet might look in the next several decades.
reply to post by Dianec

More accurate to say that climate change will impact a great many things....of that there is little doubt. If history has shown us nothing...it is that our climate has always been, and always will be... a dynamic system, subject to constant change...areas once fertile become desert...dry regions become wet... the planet slips into Ice Ages lasting hundreds of thousands of years....and on and on. This cannot be stopped no matter what we do. Our planet has always been that way....long before humans existed. The trick for the human race, as it has been for any species...is to learn to adapt to those changes....or we die.

If you are advocating large scale Geoengineering, then I say a resounding HELL NO. It would be arrogant beyond words. We do not fully understand the Earth's climate yet, nor all the engines that drive it. As my Grandfather used to love to say..."the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions". See where I'm going with this?

Besides. Global mean temperatures have only risen a measly 0.8 Deg C or 1.7 Def F in the last 100 years. Hardly conlusive evidence of rampant human driven "global warming" now is it?

Not by 2013 (obviously) but within the next few decades.

For the last 20 years UN climate models have been wildy wrong in their projected climate data. It has simply not happened. Garbage in...garbage out.

Global warming advocates or Climate Change Theory supporters....whatever you've branded yourselves now...... keep on saying it's just around the corner....surely if I say it...it will come...no? Yet as statisics have shown...it simply hasn't.

No gorillas, no redwoods, out of control whale killing, etc. With climate - it will impact everything - not just a single species or system

Environmental Polution and Habitat conservation are noble and worthy goals. I'd be more concerned with that. We can have a real positive impact there. This climate change/ global warming nonsense is about instituting a massive global carbon tax scheme.

I'd focus on saving the gorillas and redwoods.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here we go again.

Another pretty (it is pretty) map to show the Earth is Doomed.
Once again statistics twisted into any fashion to show what the latest agenda is, which is now the Greenhouse Effect...I mean, Global Warming.....I Mean.... Climate Change...thats better.

That nice graph that shows the Bad Red is up but the good blue is down......we are talking 2 degrees spread here...

Wonderful graph, with no reference points.....so what is the "Mean" in temperature? What factor in real temperature is the "0" point?

Can these experts, and Al Gore, explain why in 1958, the temperature increased more than ALL the years up to 2013, except for 3? What is the great scientific explanation for that?

Can the scientists also explain, why in the earlier part of the 20th century, the mean temperature, according to those nice statistics, actually dropped below the 0 point.
They concentrate on the "Red" part, but ignore the "Earth mechanics" of the "Blue" part, or doesnt that suit the "Agenda"?

Yes the climate is changing, of course it is, nothing is new.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum