It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mental health - took myself of my meds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yeah ATS and mental illness do not mix.
How many times have we seen a car crash here on ATS? people on ATS are anti everything including Mental wellness, the stigma against mental health is rife here.
OP If you need to stop your meds tell your doctor because just stopping them will be bad news, you have to wean yourself off them.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Walkingsenseless
reply to post by snowspirit

Right now they are treating me a manic depressive, as that is the believed diagnosis. They are exploring deeper, to see if there is anything else "going on" so I suppose its a partial diagnosis.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Walkingsenseless because: (no reason given)

Are you in the UK because they don't use the term manic depressive anymore, it is now Bi-Polar (not a sexually curious polar bear btw lol).

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
I know what you are going through and I refused to take the meds as well. I have been on the right course now for twenty years and never been let down nor had any episodes since having faith in Christ

And for your sanity STAY AWAY FROM PSYCHO-BABEL DOCTORS. Shrinks are a bunch of nuts in a fruit basket.

Find peace in Christ alone.

edit on 9-3-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

Is this before or after the next person you tell to do this, goes postal and destroys some random family? Christ compels them.

Man, I wanna say some things...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

kwakakev
The main cause of depression is a crap life, too hard, too many problems, too much stress, too many knocks and things just generally turning out bad. You are not dead yet and have a few lessons about what you don't want, so smarten up and get what you do want.

That's the main cause of a bad mood. Depression, realy in your face bleak dark morbid suicidal apathetic depression, smiles at you.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Also OP tell your doctor the truth in how your meds effect you, rarely I have seen a first dosage work first time, they may need to try on many different meds to find the right dose to work for you.
It may take time but stick with it and they will get it right and help you.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey all.

I did take my meds again last night.

After consideration I will go in and see my Pdoc in the next couple of days.

I do thank you for all your thoughts and opinions. Wasn't my intent to worry anyone. I will keep taking my meds until I see my doc.

I enjoyed the glasses wearer analogy.

Thanks all

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
reply to post by Walkingsenseless

Well I was in a similar position a while back. I didn't seek help. Instead I got worse everyday and I just ran, I dropped everything and ran away. What I did during that time was face my deepest darkest memories and nightmares, day by day I ran, anywhere was good enough and thankfully I had a few good friends who gave me shelter here and there. I didn't sleep properly, just moving everyday I soon found outrunning what I'd seen and done was pointless. So I did what I could. Face it. I'd no money for meds I needed so I faced it, just learned to deal with it slowly and accept the pain, slowly ever so slowly I fixed myself back up, through it all I refused help from psychiatrists and psychologists due to the fact that someone close to me had to see them and in the end she couldn't be saved by them or me.

What I'll say is seek help. I know it sounds hypocritical but if you accept the help it will save you the pain and torment I endured. You don't want to waste the chance, think about it please I implore you.
Otherwise good luck you're gonna need it.

Know thyself. What I was wondering is do you think that ultimately your decision to face your "demons" was the better choice? Did you overcome your "sickness" without meds? Are you better for it today or still having the same or worse problems?

Your experience is what I support as opposed to Pharma control of the "storm".

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In response to question I will say this it was simply put a personal hell, my "demons" well there still there in the back of my mind If I could've afforded the prescriptions when I was running I would've happily taken them, just to lessen the pain I was dealing with but I ended up drinking, not really an addict or anything just enough to get me drunk so I could sleep. Did I overcome my sickness, I would like to say I did but even I'm not sure.

With these drugs and prescription meds you would have to be careful and make sure it's working correctly. Otherwise I couldn't say much else about them, I really never made my mind up.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Did I overcome my sickness, I would like to say I did but even I'm not sure.

From where I am sitting it seems you did. At least you are able to face it without the meds now?

I call that a big success.

You know that the meds just cover over the symptoms and if when you do quit them you are right where you left off. I think that "hell" you went through was what a lot of "normal" people experience too. They just don't go to a psych pharma 'doctor'. "Normal" people may only be better at covering their symptoms than more sensitive types. Give me the feeling sensitives over the narcissist anyday.

I can issue myself drugs to quell the "noise" but I know I am far better off without them. Anyone that lives in the modern world with all the excitement and distraction around is half nuts anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

By 'brain vitamin' I meant my medication. IMHO, I see that med the same (sort of) as a vitamin. My body does not make the right amounts/balance of stuff in my head. The med balances it out. I tried for years otherwise with no success.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Solid analogy.

I think it is fortunate there are meds out there to help. Of course they can be misused and abused but so can anything. I prefer the 'me' with a balanced brain. Still far from perfect.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You probably have none of these "mental illnesses" and are just stuck in the big pharma machine.

What an absolutely hellacious place to be!

I would recommend slowly weening yourself off of these drugs. If that's what
Your heart says, do it.

Pair this with exercise and a healthy diet and you should begin to feel so much better!

Try and think as positively as possible too, even though it may be hard at first.

Once all the chemicals are rid of your system you can begin the battle for a clearer more happy mind.

I believe true mental illness is very rare, and most cases are a result of negative environment, negative lifestyle, and negative thinking.

The plentiful variety of pharmaceutical drugs further compound the underlying issues which should have been addressed in a healthy, natural manner.

edit on 12-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join