It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

xuenchen
Something real odd in one of the videos.

The whole thing is in Russian/Ukrainian but the "STOP" sign is in English ?????

Hmmm.

Lot's of malarkey coming out I see.

Are you serious? How many stars did you get for that post? Now a "STOP" sign is proof of malarkey! Seriously. Have you not been watching the news footage? English internationally marked STOP signs are used all over the place and especially in Ukraine. For example outside the Ukrainian military bases surrounded by the Russians.

Watch out for the STOP signs in the following footage.

Come on guys, seriously. They go all the way to film what you think is "fake footage" and they forget about the English STOP signs?
No it is simply use of an internationally recognized sign.

edit on 10/3/2014 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interfax are reporting there were shots fired when Russian soldiers took over another Ukrainian military base today. There is lots of talk on Twitter about this latest development and Interfax are claiming to have spoken to the base commander. No one was wounded but again we are seeing a further escalation in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
edit on 10-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Xcathdra, another agent from your favorite media outlet, the RT:

Steven Seagal: Some should do homework before covering Ukraine

Description: Actor and activist Steven Seagal was recently part of an American delegation to Russia in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing. Now he is critical of the stance the US is taking regarding Russia and the crisis in Ukraine. RT's Meghan Lopez talks to the martial artist about his thoughts on how the US and the Western media are handling the tense international situation. - See more at: xrepublic.tv...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ukraine's Military mobilizes? With all 11 of the operable rifles they have left? And, a 1989 Toyota hardly qualifies as an APC.

All joking aside, they are not going to mobilize for anything to be quite honest. I still think it all boils down to a (somewhat justified) concern on Russia's part over a EU invasion ... not a military invasion, but one that supports the US anti-missile defense system.

Leaving the proximity of missiles out of the equation, it also puts US intelligence right at the doorstep of Russia on a constant basis.

Sure, oil may play a part, but I think that part is small in comparison...if we (as Americans) think back to Cuba, it's not hard to see why they may have a concern, if they do in fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

alphabetaone
Ukraine's Military mobilizes? With all 11 of the operable rifles they have left? And, a 1989 Toyota hardly qualifies as an APC.

All joking aside, they are not going to mobilize for anything to be quite honest. I still think it all boils down to a (somewhat justified) concern on Russia's part over a EU invasion ... not a military invasion, but one that supports the US anti-missile defense system.

Leaving the proximity of missiles out of the equation, it also puts US intelligence right at the doorstep of Russia on a constant basis.

Sure, oil may play a part, but I think that part is small in comparison...if we (as Americans) think back to Cuba, it's not hard to see why they may have a concern, if they do in fact.

I have been seeing the missile shield discussion popping up. Does it not seem backwards to be against the shield yet performing an action that would have the opposite effect? I would think that invading a country would result in the shield being pushed? Last I saw the land based NMD was essentially scrapped. The system was modified and deployed to the US Navy, creating a flexible deterrent.

Granted that info was from last year or so, so if anyone is familiar with it chime in?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Does it not seem backwards to be against the shield yet performing an action that would have the opposite effect? I would think that invading a country would result in the shield being pushed?

Not necessarily.

If they blame the West for any purported coup, then likely they would blame the west for just about anything. Keeping that in mind, if accurate, then no matter what it was (missile defense, or an electronic dog fence), they simply wouldn't want ANY Western influence in "their backyard".

Also, invading a country wouldn't necessarily instantiate the shield being pushed unless that country were an EU member state. Whether or not the shield has been scrapped is, in fact, immaterial...as I noted before, ANY influence from the Western world seems to be what's at odds.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Russia ‘Welcomes’ the US Destroyer Truxtun, by Moving Bastion Anti-Ship Missiles to Crimea

Unconfirmed news reports claim the Russian Navy is deploying land-based ‘Bastion’ anti-ship missile systems as a response to the recent U.S. move entering two naval vessels to the Black Sea. The two American Arleigh Burke class destroyer USS Truxtun (DDG-103) crossed the Bosphorus Strait Friday, headed into the Black Sea, as tensions simmer over Ukraine’s Crimea region.

SS-N-26 vid

The K-300P Bastion-P (NATO reporting name SSC-5) is a Russian mobile coastal defence missile system. The system was developed together with the Belarus company Tekhnosoyuzproekt. The system is designed for the destruction of various surface ships from an enemy's landing squadrons, convoys, carrier strike groups, as well as single vessels and land-based radiocontrast targets in conditions of intensive fire and electronic countermeasures. The system uses the P-800 Yakhont (SS-N-26) anti-ship cruise missile and has a maximum range of 300 km. The missile system is mounted on a mobile vehicle that can deploy its missiles in under five minutes and remain on active standby over a period of 3–5 days. On 2 March 2011, it was reported that Russia would be deploying the system on the Kuril Islands in the Far East.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Right but if the premise is to take an action in order to push the EU / West / NATO back west, why would you invade a nation in that direction? To me any nations between Russia and the west would be placed into the position of thinking they are the next target. Since those countries are still rebuilding themselves / economies etc, the safe approach would be to ask to join NATO. It would provide those nations (like Estonia / Latvia and Lithuania) with a military ability that they would never get on their own.

What I meant by scrap the NMD I was referring to the land portion. I am positive it was adapted for the navy.

Any influence from the west - question - Why cant the west engage former east block / SSR nations? Why cant those nations approach the west and have close ties?

I ask this because I have seen people make the same argument, except it always seems to leave out the smaller countries in question. Russia does not have any more of a right to invade Ukraine to prevent western influence as the US does not have any more of a right to invade Cuba to prevent Russian/East influence.

I would think a sovereign nation could decide for themselves what is the best course of action. is there any reason Ukraine could not have had ties with Russia and the EU / West?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by maghun

There is also unconfirmed reports of US aircraft carrier arriving in Turkey as well. USS George H.W. Bush.

For what it is worth Turkey is a member of NATO so that might have to do with the last meeting they had with Poland when they invoked article 4. The US has also sent aircraft into the area - 6 more in the Baltics and 12 to Poland (F-15 / F-16).

The flip side to that coin might deal with East Ukraine / refusal to accept Crimea vote.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

MASSIVE buildup of Russia Rockets! wow.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Well thanks for showing me that.

I actually had no idea about the English STOP signs being "International"....

But there's still no indication of the date of the video.

However I concede it's probably real.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

Some further info.

The Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals allows for two types of stop sign, as well as three acceptable variants. Sign B2a is a red octagon with the inscription "STOP" in white. Sign B2b is a red circle with a red inverted triangle with either a white or yellow background, and the inscription "STOP" in either black or dark blue. The Convention allows for the word "STOP" to be in either English or the national language of the particular country.

Link

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's some non English stop signs. I'm not able to read Ukrainian or Russian. Why should they have English stop signs?

The shape and color of the stop sign might be the same in many countries, but the word STOP in English is not used everywhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

alphabetaone

All joking aside, they are not going to mobilize for anything to be quite honest. I still think it all boils down to a (somewhat justified) concern on Russia's part over a EU invasion ... not a military invasion, but one that supports the US anti-missile defense

All joking aside give me one Ukrainian soldier defending his country over 10 Russian invaders anyway

Also there is no way anybody can justify Russians invasion because of "what ifs" and Russian fears, it's pretty simple and straight forward this one and that is... it's not Russian soil SO GET OUT... Russia I fortunately does t have a say in Ukrainian internal matters no matter how much putins mafia attempted to brib Ukrainian officials the fact also remains a government serves it's people not the other way around unfortunately...

You can buy a head of state bit you cannot buy the voice of the people the fact that the majority support EU ties and find western values more attractive does not give you the right to invade a country and begin to medal In Ukraine's internal matters influencing the situation while holding Ukraine's military in confident it's absolutely no different that what Hitler and Nazi Germany did and if you support that one can only hope you take your head out the sand sometime soon and wipe the blinkers because you're o. The wrong side of history And totally ignoring the wishes of the people in Ukraine, international laws and drowning in BS propaganda

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Mikeultra
The shape and color of the stop sign might be the same in many countries, but the word STOP in English is not used everywhere.

nope - but it is in Ukraine - Ukrainian traffic signs, although other signs use Cyrillic.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
and if you support that one can only hope you take your head out the sand sometime soon and wipe the blinkers because you're o. The wrong side of history And totally ignoring the wishes of the people in Ukraine, international laws and drowning in BS propaganda

YOU need to calm down and a) don't assume a thing about where my head is as well as b) don't even presume to believe that you have any idea about what side of anything at all I'm on.

Prepubescent ramblings about some illusionary freedom does no good if one doesn't first try to examine WHY the mindset is there in the first place. First understand the problem before you fix it. Assuming Putin wants to usurp for the sake of usurping is about as irresponsible as you could possibly be...yet screaming about "oh give me 1 Ukrainian soldier over 10 Russian soldiers any day" solves nothing excepting the propagation of more violence.

No one is ignoring the wishes of the people in the Ukraine, but to be fair, every time the wind blows, it seems the Ukrainian peoples wishes change with it. Perhaps if they weren't so flighty in their wishes and had a modicum of compromise as we ALL have to do in the world and in our private lives, there wouldn't be such turmoil in the region.
edit on 10-3-2014 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Russia will not listion to the west or E.U. im thinking Snowden had a small part to play in this. As he seems to have had so much info. Im pretty sure hes probably worked something out with Putin. He provides information in return for residents.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not so cold or freeze , early december 1994 did not predict, hot and humid and a little premature March 2014. Nonetheless seeds of hate and betrayal started to come up.......

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Russians enter town north of Crimea, say Ukrainians

KHERSON, Ukraine – Ukrainians in the Kherson province just north of Crimea say Russian operatives have moved into the territory, an incursion which, if true, could show Vladimir Putin has more than just the Black Sea peninsula in his sights.

Residents of the village of Chonhar, in the Kherson region of Ukraine, say Russian troops showed up last week in armored personnel carriers, prompting the dispatch of Ukrainian troops and a standoff. The suspected Russian troops pulled back and established a checkpoint on a major road leading north from the Crimean capital of Simferopol.

"Local residents confronted the men and asked them who they were, but they refused to answer. We immediately suspected that they were from the Russian Armed Forces," a Chonhar resident who asked that only his first name, Anatoly, be used, told FoxNews.com.

Several locals reported dozens of men wearing camouflage fatigues riding armored personnel carriers crossed over Crimea’s border to Kherson region, where they established a base along the Kharkiv-Simferopol highway on the Kherson region’s side of the border. The website Mashable reported Sunday that Russians may have planted land mines near Chonhar. That account included several photos of a purported Russian checkpoint, and one set up by Ukrainians some 15 miles north.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

alphabetaone

TritonTaranis
and if you support that one can only hope you take your head out the sand sometime soon and wipe the blinkers because you're o. The wrong side of history And totally ignoring the wishes of the people in Ukraine, international laws and drowning in BS propaganda

YOU need to calm down and a) don't assume a thing about where my head is as well as b) don't even presume to believe that you have any idea about what side of anything at all I'm on.

Prepubescent ramblings about some illusionary freedom does no good if one doesn't first try to examine WHY the mindset is there in the first place. First understand the problem before you fix it. Assuming Putin wants to usurp for the sake of usurping is about as irresponsible as you could possibly be...yet screaming about "oh give me 1 Ukrainian soldier over 10 Russian soldiers any day" solves nothing excepting the propagation of more violence.

No one is ignoring the wishes of the people in the Ukraine, but to be fair, every time the wind blows, it seems the Ukrainian peoples wishes change with it. Perhaps if they weren't so flighty in their wishes and had a modicum of compromise as we ALL have to do in the world and in our private lives, there wouldn't be such turmoil in the region.
edit on 10-3-2014 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

Lol

I you can't see the Ukrainians people wishes hasn't budged one bit just like there boarders then I'm sorry but you're either incredibly [snip] or just plan [snip]

Either way if I said jump Im willing to bet you could be persuaded, you and other are like dogs chasing your tails simply because you fail to see there are many thousands of Russian illegally occupying Ukrainian, of course the Ukrainian people keep changing there minds *ROLLS EYES*

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join