It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justified police shooting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The forum often gets ripped for "police hating", when stories come up of police abuse. So I thought I'd post a story which I read that caused absolutely no response. As it sounds from the short description, entirely justified.

Police got calls from the public about shots fired, into their homes, when they arrived on scene the officers took fire, still seemed to verbally warn the suspect to drop his weapon (several times), and then proceeded to use lethal force.

So no, no cop hating here. Although we never know the full story from the bits of information that comes out after these incidents, this one is by far not something I'm going to question.

Compare that to some of the other stories out there, and you can see why various stories invoke a response in people.

According to a Highlands County Sheriff’s Office report deputies were dispatched to that location in response to a shots fired call. Residents reported that bullets were hitting their houses.

When deputies arrived they immediately came under fire from shots from a high-powered assault rifle. The law enforcement officers took cover behind their cruisers and houses as they struggled to see the gunman through a dense fog.

Several HCSO vehicles were damaged by bullets.

Ultimately the lights from the deputies’ cruisers provided enough light for the supervisor on scene to see the armed man. The supervisor ordered the suspect to drop his weapon on several occasions but he refused to comply.

The supervisor shot the suspect. He was pronounced dead at the scene the report states.

www.wfla.com...
edit on 9-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I appreciate the effort Boncho.

And yes, it's always possible to find something good in anything. The problem is that a thread such as this should be the norm and not the exception.

Unfortunately, this instance can't begin to repair nor justify any atrocities that have already been carried out by the gangsters in blue. They are too far gone.

I wholeheartedly wish this was not the case but it is.

Peace

edit on 9-3-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

jude11

An yes, it's always possible to find something good in anything. The problem is that a thread such as this should be the norm and not the exception.

Unfortunately, this instance can't begin to repair nor justify any atrocities that have already been carried out by the gangsters in blue. They are too far gone.

Peace

No, if anything I wanted to present an example of something that does not cause red flags, that doesn't cause people to get bent out of shape. When you see the other ones, you should be bent out of shape.

That was my point I guess...

In other words, a justified shooting is just another day, but when it isn't you are justified in being P*#$'d off.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

boncho

jude11

An yes, it's always possible to find something good in anything. The problem is that a thread such as this should be the norm and not the exception.

Peace

No, if anything I wanted to present an example of something that does not cause red flags, that doesn't cause people to get bent out of shape. When you see the other ones, you should be bent out of shape.

That was my point I guess...

In other words, a justified shooting is just another day, but when it isn't you are justified in being P*#$'d off.

Got it my friend.

But I have to say that although a justified shooting is yet another Day, unjustified shootings are becoming more the norm.

It's also difficult to track completely because as we both know, the wrong is always sexier to report than the right and that's why we have a lot more wrong to use in these reports.

But...we can always keep trying, right?

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Certainly was justified shooting.

In fact, I'd say the police showed a heroic restraint. IMO they
should have engaged the shooter immediately when he fired
upon them.

What I find really interesting though is how the MSM article
just CANNOT seem to pass up the chance to use the term
'high-powered assault rifle'.

Why didn't they just name the rifle and calibur?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i would have to agree with jude11 on this ...this should be the norm,the police have a hard job and sometimes they need to use lethal force...and this was clearly justified according to the facts we have.....i just find the unjustified killings hard to deal with and will spout my intolerance of it when i see it

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

rival
Certainly was justified shooting.

In fact, I'd say the police showed a heroic restraint. IMO they
should have engaged the shooter immediately when he fired
upon them.

What I find really interesting though is how the MSM article
just CANNOT seem to pass up the chance to use the term
'high-powered assault rifle'.

Why didn't they just name the rifle and calibur?

Probably because it was a 1022 (.22 caliber) made to look mean or another semi auto .22 with the dreaded 10 round magazine ! (sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

I like the one about how they murdered an 80 year old man in his bed.
www.liveleak.com...

It is time to wake up kids.
www.liveleak.com...

The people that govern you believe "Might makes right" have done for thousands of years.
www.liveleak.com...

It is ok they arn't spying on you they love and care about you and want to protect you.
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 9-3-2014 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join