It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lion called Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This documentary was so moving I just had to bring it here. It is the story of a young lion cub that was raised in London, and then carefully and methodically finally released into the wild. Highly recommended watching.

An incredible story really, especially the parts where Christian is reunited with his friends- and not just once- many times. Will he remember them? Or will his lion instincts cause him to attack the "visitors"? Find out in this truly moving story that will bring many to tears. It certainly did me.

EDIT: And although an obvious commercial for GoPro cameras, here is a related, similar story (which is actually how I found the Christian lion story):

It all brought back memories of seeing "Born Free" long ago- another tear-jerker. There is just something so bizarre about the most vicious of predators becoming the most tame and loving animals!

edit on Sun Mar 9th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Though I was familiar with these stories, I loved seeing these vids and re-living the memories. Such beautiful and touching experiences to be sure. I have always had a passion for animals but could only imagine what it would be like to bond with such wild creatures, to hold them and play with them and be a part of their lives. I was very Happy that Christian had a happy ending and didn't end up in some zoo somewhere. Thank you so much for making me remember and spreading the love.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
These stories make me appreciate life even more. They are without a doubt existence of the connection we can have will of natures beasts. Where do I buy a pet lion cub

*disclaimer - Not responsible for any milk man disappearances* hehe
edit on 10-3-2014 by UltraverseMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oh I have seen this before. I love it every time !
It gives me such an emotional workout my eyes start to sweat .... from all the manly eye exercises..... damit im a sissy

Thanks for posting TA. Its a great story.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I love this film,I saw it a few years back-The moment when the Lion trots along,and then regognises those who raised him years before is so heart warming-Don't tell me animals have no sense of love.Its obvious they do.
I think the she lion was not raised by the guys though,and she seems to sense that Christian loves them,and does nothing to harm them.

We can learn more from watching and interacting with animals than we can learn from most people I think.

Its a horrible thought to think our grandchildren may live in a world where all the lions,and many more creatures,may have been hunted to extinction by small minded backwards people who think they have the right to take their lives for BS "medicine".

But how can we stop that from happening?

top topics

join