It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice? Extreme headache after cross country flight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.

Oh and to the buttercup poster, I don't rely on taxpayer assistance or insurance for my medical problems, thank you very much. I work hard, make sound investments, and have paid out of pocket my whole life.

My username is andboycott, after all, do you really think i'd support corrupt systems? but hey thats just me =)

Though..i do still use Fed notes. wish I didnt have to, but, baby steps

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

I just reread my post to you concerning the applecider vinegar, honey and cayanne pepper. Just to make myself very clear. This is a mixture I take by spoon, I hold it in my mouth for as long as I can stand it. By doing so it allows the cayanne pepper to work through the sinuses via the roof of my mouth. I don't want anyone thinking this something I put in my nose, ughhhh. I mix one part vinegar with and equal amount of honey and then I use about an 1/8 of teaspoon the cayanne pepper. Good luck I hope it works for you.

Sad and scary about the bees...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

2manyholes
reply to post by andboycott

I just reread my post to you concerning the applecider vinegar, honey and cayanne pepper. Just to make myself very clear. This is a mixture I take by spoon, I hold it in my mouth for as long as I can stand it. By doing so it allows the cayanne pepper to work through the sinuses via the roof of my mouth. I don't want anyone thinking this something I put in my nose, ughhhh. I mix one part vinegar with and equal amount of honey and then I use about an 1/8 of teaspoon the cayanne pepper. Good luck I hope it works for you.

Sad and scary about the bees...

You are too funny. I squirted coffee through my nose. Fortunately it was lukewarm.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

LOL I just had this image of seeing someone snorting this mixture and then saying well I read it on ATS and 2manyholes said... I just may watch a little too much Youtube.
Sorry bout the coffee.
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

2manyholes
reply to post by Restricted

LOL I just had this image of seeing someone snorting this mixture and then saying well I read it on ATS and 2manyholes said... I just may watch a little too much Youtube.
Sorry bout the coffee.
_javascript:icon('
')

I see your point. YT does encourage such things. Don't worry about the coffee. It was worth the laugh.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Some headaches are strokes in the brain. I had one....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I live in a tourist town at about 7000 feet elevation. Majority of the tourist are from Texas and get what seems the same ailment as you have which makes there stay here miserable. We call it the 'Texan Flu'.

Turns out what causes it is the climate change. Texas has very high humidity and up here, it's the extreme opposite. The ear wax tends to dry out quickly thus causing tremendous pressure on their sinuses.

We don't tell them because you can't tell a Texan anything but 'clean your ears out'.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have just noticed this thread. I have done quite a few long distant flying. To have a headache that doesn't seem to shift for days and where it's onset was a couple of hours after landing should be of concern. As mysterioustranger suggested, it may have been a clot. Even though your trip was some time ago, I would recommend that you seek medical review.

Your description of the headache does not match sinus. If you had blocked sinuses, you would find it very difficult to equalize during accent and decent. In most cases the pain would significant and extremely painful.

When traveling in future, drink plenty of water on your flight. You should be able to purchase a pump bottle once you have gone through customs to take on the flight. Ideally you should have 2-3 litres of water whilst flying long haul - providing you don't have any heart or fluid retention problems. You can also wear compression hosiery to help with return circulation in your legs. Don't forget to walk around the aircraft a couple of times and do feet and calf exercises regularly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join