It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul convincingly wins CPAC presidential straw poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Rand Paul wins straw poll convincingly. The next POTUS? Well, he is not like his father, but i guess he`s one of the better candidates:

"Sen. Rand Paul gets 31% of the vote among presidential contenders at the CPAC event"

"The next closest contender is Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, with 11%"

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Rand Paul defender of freedoms.

Funny

The post below this one is about Abby Martin from RT critisizing Russia for the Ukraine.

If Rand Paul had been president wonder what the outcome would have been here..

Rand Paul tries to fire Abby Martin

on topic- he must be proud
edit on 9-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

First off, Luke Rudowski is the man.

But I’m not sure why are they blaming Rand Paul personally?

She says that the threatening calls came from someone named “Mike something” at the Senate Media Relations Committee. She never substantiates how Rand Paul himself was involved.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his staffers alerted this Mike guy but I doubt Rand gave a crap.

She goes on to say that she met with this Mike guy and the media bureau chiefs and then they asked if she “snuck Luke in”…

The establishment HATES Luke. They know him. No doubt hes on a watch list. As soon as they found out Luke was involved, they probably lost their minds.

Also sounds like competitors from other networks may have been driving this attack.

As far as Rand endorsing Romney, when he was running in KY, he said he would endorse the nominee of the Party.

Not sure what people want.

We saw what they did to Ron Paul.

You cant be anti-establishment all of the time and expect to advance.

edit on 9-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm still on the fence when it comes to Rand Paul. He's talking the talk, on occasion it seems he's walking the walk, but at times I still get a nagging little voice in the back of my head. Bottom line, I guess, is that Rand Paul doesn't have the record that his father did. But then, who does?

Maybe I'm worried that I'll end up being like an Obama supporter. I would hate to pin my hopes on this guy getting elected, only to see him carry on the same policies as the last five Presidents.

The fact that CNN publicly recognizes his popularity doesn't necessarily ease my concerns. If it had been his father, then CNN would be talking about the second and third place finishers.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are we really going to play the Republican/Democrat thing AGAIN? We still haven't learned? It's said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. The majority are clearly insane. We're doomed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

Partisanship aside, running Rand Paul might satisfy the far right, but it will thoroughly lose the middle. It would be a repeat of 2012 when the conservative base demanded Nominees to skew far right and largely succeeded, then candidates couldn't etch-n-sketch their way back to the middle fast enough for the general elections.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You know, Wall Street and the Democrat Party learned that to succeed, you need to diversify.

Do not minimize the importance of political parties and our right to vote. That is our system, and if the Republican Party becomes a dinosaur by 2020, what will take its place? Since we do not know what will happen tomorrow, we must assume there is a future.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Themaninwhite
Well, he is not like his father, but i guess he`s one of the better candidates:

Correction: He can`t show that he`s like his father, otherwise he won't become President.

top topics

join