It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature crouched nearby the Rover and other anomalies... Curiosity Sol 560

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

you never know
if not this time, maybe the next

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't want to offend anyone but I probably will. Come on it's a rock. Just like every other "creature" on Mars. How can anyone as intellegent as us possibly get hyped up over thinking we will find natural complex life on Mars. All the evidence we have says it's impossible without of course technological help. At best we might find some microbs which I think is very likely throughout the universe. Let's say this was some kind of "crab" or "creature" in what ecosystem is this organism getting it's resources it needs to live? Surely we would find smaller life in large numbers to support a bigger animal. We might miss the cow but we are blind if we miss the pasture in which it grazes. If these things were real why wouldn't NASA back up and check it out? That is one of the reasons they sent it. Sorry to burst some bubbles but really think about it. There has to be a foundation to make a claim that there are super hero organisms that eat rock, radiation proof, burn and freeze proof, breath posionus gas, and hover to leave no tracks. We have life here on earth that can survive very harsh environments (and I'll be crazy and think that it is possible that some Bactria or similar life here on earth could survive a bit some time on Mars) but the more inhaspitable a place is the less complex the life will be. This is proven time and time again. The less water a place has the less complex the life here on Earth same with the hotter or the colder higher elevation and extreme low elevation. I'm willing to hear that Mars can support complex life in nature but please show at least a flake of evidence that even some of the atomosphric or terrestrial conditions that mars has can support such life because I can't believe in animals that defy nature. Just look at mars in the pictures it is barren boulder ridden desert. Until someone can show us video of these creatures moving around and going about their lives I can't believe mars has complex life. NASA is just holding up those psychology test cards they show you a rock and say " what do you see here?"

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't remember anyone saying what they were about to see was NOT going to be rocks.. What is hilarious is how this (one hit wonder record "I love rocks, I love rocks, I love rocks has been played here., Or was that supposed to be "blocks? ahh never mind

Instead of singing that "it's just rocks " song all the time, the just rocks crowd could take this opportunity ( funny) and starting from the first grade we can advance to "In the rocks" write down 10 things you see "in the rocks" and so on.. next would be "have you ever had your rocks kicked? (but please save that for recess~!

By the way, does anyone remember a bunch of years back, there was some guy who documented mars rocks appearing to have been artistically worked to give landscapes some sort of design to it all? I just mention it because if you actually zoom in and look at some of these, there are things and it simply cannot all be pareidolia.

There is a perfectly round ended disk that looks like a hockey puck, but it has a smile and 2 eyes that appear to be drawn right into it, as you would do with wet clay. I just don't see how that can occur naturally.

In the recent history of these rover imaging, these themes made from rocks appear just like you could do with some new high dollar theme park.

I have looked at thousands of pictures with tons of rocks, and never seen even 1/8 of these shapes and faces.
(They seem to also toss in a few mind benders also, like (the bottom of a shoe, just the sole and it has the heel in the right place.. very strange image Arken!

I think there has to be a very grand history to the planet to be seeing all the things I have seen there. Some people seem to fear these rocks in a strange way, like if they keep saying "it's just rocks" some of these rocks might move towards them and really start causing some real panic attacks.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

really? i mean there is a point when you gotta take a step back and reconsider the fact that standing up for just any random mars anomaly picture you see online, could be in fact detrimental to the importance of this topic as a whole.

i know you find these pics entertaining... but this site deserves better than this... i mean come on... i really can't put youre coddling of OPs ego into words...

the best i got is,
you are helping make this topic muddy for youre apparent amusement.

this subject is actually IMPORTANT. i honestly BELIEVE in the possibility of a ancient civilization on Mars in the distant past due to photo anomalies.

this one however is FAR from reasonable, and standing up for every random photo you come across is just grossly irresponsible in my opinion. i mean you call yourself Aleister, and criticize people's knowledge of this topic haphazardly.

sounds like another Aleister im sure alot of us on this site have plenty of knowledge about...

just my two cents. do what thou wilt with them i suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenManXphile

I wasn't responding to Arken, but to pr0ph3t, who was threatening not to bring his "insider data" to ATS because of the mocking that rocks from Mars usually get. I was trying to show him that not all people here are like that. And within that post itself I said that these images are rocks (I "stand up" for very few anomalies, so you are mistaken on that, but there have been a half dozen or so which have either gotten my support or have been disproven since).

The rocks on this thread are rocks, and having so many of these threads does do harm to the entire study, I agree with you on that. I do my Mars stuff mainly (on the plain) on the Mars anomaly thread, which has found some very very good potentials over the last few months and we've even got a few categories of shapes which keep adding up. A few of us have gone outside of that thread to post interesting things, and all of them have been disproven with the help of the overall community, which I see as one of the main purposes which come from the time people open up an entire thread on one or a few obvious rocks.

And have you considered that my name in real life is Aleister? Which it may be, but, like rocks on Mars being called living creatures, probably isn't.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Arken
For the ATS "Anomalies' Hunters", the Curiosity sol 560 appear a good area: A strange anomaly like a creature, crouched nearby the Rover...

and...

notice the "stick"..

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Arken, the creature is not crouching, it's been squashed, no doubt by Jetson Clarkson. Everyone else, do not dare to call it a rock, or else...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Danbones

you never know

I'm holding out for amphibians personally.

Martian fish? Not so much

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

oh well i suppose i mistook youre apparent intentions. plus no. i admit i hadnt considered youre name might actually be Aleister. for that i apologize and respectfully recant my remarks.

but im now intrigued by something else...

youre name is Aleister, and youre cool if i just keep assuming this is your first name from now on?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Arken

The front half is definitely a beaver....the back half is a rock.....also known as the rock beaver.

And Beaver rocks....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Arken

Arken

You forgot to wave your hand!!!

Who would have thought.Your better at"Rock Interpretation"than Arken!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I'm actually a amateur at this...

I don't always spot rocks, most of the time I only see fossils.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Danbones

you never know

I'm holding out for amphibians personally.

Martian fish? Not so much

were there is water
there is fishermen...

NASA Finds Clues That There's Flowing Water On Mars

www.forbes.com...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I found a coin, with markings on it.

areo.info...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Psychonautics

bonchoEventually you will find something. ..

Yeah, it's called pareidolia...

Oh, yaaayyyy you. Your one line response inferring several members to be suffering from apophenia is very telling. You cannot prove there are no artifacts to be found on the moon/mars. And I cannot prove there are. If you trust NASA, I would be forced to (In turn, of course) diagnose you with Histrionic Personality Disorder. How's that for Ad Hominem?

edit on 3 9 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: I'm eccentric

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The rocks on this thread are rocks,

The truth, the real truth... is that we have no way of knowing if they are rocks or look like rocks since any life form on Mars will probably be unrecognized by people who are looking for Earth life forms and not stretching to include the possibility that Mars life may not look like our familiar forms.

Will we recognize alien life when we see it? Only if we are open to seeing beyond our normal expectations.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's not a coin but I have a better explaination.
It's a piece off of one of the hundreds of probes we've fired off at the Red Planet.
Sure, I am only guessing...just like you...but at least my theory doesn't infer that there are Martians and they used Bitcoin...

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If these are life forms, it would mean there are predators I would think. The need to blend into the surroundings would only be necessary if there were.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
them aren't rocks
they are martian hippies...
whats that Dillon song again...
"Every body must get stoned"

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

there are a lot of missing bitcoins lately...
no one has found them on earth yet

just sayin
Char-lee made an interesting point
im just wondering: on earth we have biblical beings of light
why not on mars?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

That's not a coin

How do you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join